• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Friends - I have finally updated the Tweedy Show mp3 archive (over 2,000 song files). All files have been meticulously logged and tagged so they can be easily filtered, searched, and sorted - in iT

I appreciate the accolades, but seriously, all the real credit goes to @u2roolz. The two or three times I filled in for him really showed me how truly dedicated he’s been to this project. It’s fairly

The Tweedy Show Monday December 26 Episode 217 —Sammy welcomes the clients to The Tweedy Show.  —Susie is upset that she sees her reflection in the tv.  —“Hi, everyone! We forgot how to

Posted Images

The Tweedy Show Thursday July 16 Episode 73

# animated intro on screen

-- Jeff shows off his Offerman Wood Shop hat

-- Monty's list of songs played is discussed, as is Brian Kaplan's list of songs not played.

Born Alone

-- Spencer shows a pic of Betty the cat

-- John Cusack is talked about

Satan, Your Kingdom Must Come Down (traditional)

Company In My Back (w Spencer on drums)

-- Jeff talks about the Wilco Zoom call from earlier in the day

Willin' (Little Feat cover sung by Casey w Spencer on guitar)

-- Alex Winter's likeness is shown on the Bill & Ted lunchbox. Showbiz Kids is briefly mentioned.

Do You Realize?? (The Flaming Lips cover sung by Sammy)

-- Spencer will be in Bo Burnham's next film as Freshman Phil

Magnetized (partially played. w Spencer on backing vocals & thigh slaps)

-- Jeff said that You Satellite won't happen on the show

Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover)

The Tweedy Show Friday July 17 Episode 74

-- Jeff talks about his new book How To Write One Song

-- boobs are talked about

-- Susie explains that she replaced the Bob Newhart pillow with a Fig Newton pillow

Someday Soon

Hey Joe (Daniel Johnston cover w Spencer on drums)

-- Susie explains how she figured out how she fixed the audio when a guest calls in

Like A Monkey In A Zoo (Daniel Johnston cover w Spencer on drums)

-- Susie talks about Monty's list & Brian's list and the Shot In The Arm Facebook group

-- Jeff & Spencer discuss playing a Deerhoof song

The Thanks I Get (w Spencer on shin slaps

& backing vocals)

-- Jeff talks about writing another book

-- Jeff strums a bit of Tom Tom Club's Genius Of Love

Human (Molly Sarle cover sung by Sammy w Jeff on backing vocals)

The Tweedy Show

Surprise "hot tub show not in a hot tub" Saturday July 18 Episode 75?

-- Jeff answers a question about St. Louis style pizza

Opaline

-- Susie reads comments about Jeff who just shaved

-- Jeff says that he will most likely do his own narration for his new book's audiobook

-- Susie says that this is the longest amount of time that Jeff has been home

-- Jeff's marriage tip: "don't go to bed angry."

-- Jeff sing a bit of Just Say Goodbye, before Jeff & Susie go inside

-- Jeff sings a bit of Ashes Of American Flags

Ashes Of American Flags

-- Susie says that they don't own a home on a private beach in Michigan, but that they are in Michigan.

Spiders (Kidsmoke) (original arrangement)

-- Susie talks about the place where Jeff did rehab

-- Jeff talks about rehab and makes a Kublah Khan reference

-- Jeff says that there won't be a show on Monday

-- Jeff gives an interesting explanation on what "kidsmoke" means

-- Neowise is discussed along with a tour story in Norway regarding the Hale Bopp comet

-- Susie says that Jeff should team up with Hanson

Be Not So Fearful (Bill Fay cover)

-- Jeff talks about great guitar players vs. bad guitar players

-- Jeff explains that "clients" is in good jest

-- anal fissures are talked about

The Tweedy Show shall return Tuesday

The Tweedy Show Tuesday July 21 Episode 76

# a song on the jukebox doesn’t have audio, so Susie pans over to Jeff

-- Spencer isn't there, but Sammy's friend Leah is there sitting in Matt's seat

Can You Get To That (Funkadelic cover sung by Sammy)

-- Jeff says that Leah recovered from the Coronavirus

Tears In The Typing Pool (Broadcast cover sung by Sammy)

-- Sammy met Leah at a Jewish summer camp

Mi Shebeirach (Debbie Friedman cover sung by Sammy)

-- Jeff starts Promising, but doesn't remember the first line. The clients help out Jeff with the first line

Promising

-- Susie asks Jeff if he will ever play Neil Young's Expecting To Fly. Jeff says that he could probably learn the song

I Can't Stop Loving You (Don Gibson cover)

Just Say Goodbye

-- Jeff's socks say "It's OK to fart"

-- Susie talks about the post on Shot In The Arm with Jeff's different facial expressions during the Tweedy Show

-- Susie asks Alexa when skateboards were invented

Close My Eyes (Arthur Russell cover sung by Sammy)

Nope

-- Sammy claims that he was promised a cat after he did his Bar Mitzvah, but Susie started chemo.

Save It For Me (w Sammy on backing vocals)

Stray thoughts from last night's show:

-Save It For Me is a keeper, I can't wait to hear the finished studio version.

-Like all of Schmilco, Just Say Goodbye and Nope are underrated songs. It's a great record. 

-Cool to hear Promising, that's about as deep as a cut as one can get with Jeff's songs, but it's a good one. 

Promising was a highlight for me, as was Can You Get to That.

The Schmilco songs sound better as solo acoustic numbers to me. I think this is because I do not care for the full band versions on the record. I did not think that the band added much to the songs, other than on Locator and Someone to Lose. I know there are lots of fans of the record, though, and that I am likely an outlier on this.

I am likely an outlier on this.

Add me to the band of outcasts. Whilst I understand that JT can only write what he feels as affected by personal circumstances in the last few years and there have been some gems, what I most liked about Wilco was the fact that every album was so distinctively different in style. The last few Wilco/solo albums have been stuck in a bit of a whispery Dirge Rock (see what I did there?) vein and I have been itching for some energy. Everyone is getting on (me too) so raw youthful power might not be the easiest thing to tap into naturally anymore, but I feel I need something to lift me up and throw me around the room in these times and am hoping that Wilco can still provide it. If not I've still got Fontaines D.C.'s first album that has kept be bouncing for the last few months.

The Tweedy Show Thursday July 23 Episode 77

# theme is played over the jukebox

-- Susie announces that Spencer is still on vacation

-- Jeff says that he's as old as Roy Orbison was when he made 1st The Traveling Wilburys record

-- Jeff's earwax is discussed

-- Jeff admits that he hasn't learned how to play Neil Young's Expecting To Fly for the client named Arrow

I Love You (Billie Eilish cover)

-- Jeff says that he hasn't learned Magnetized

-- Jeff plays an instrumental version of Deeper Down

-- Jeff thinks that Neil Young right now looks like his late father

-- Jeff explains that he can't show his record collection right now because he has too many childhood items in the room

Far Far Away (in a different key)

-- Jeff settles the record on the Corona commercial featuring Love Is Everywhere (Beware): it's mostly Pat's vocals used in the commercial

Rilkean Heart (Cocteau Twins cover sung by Sammy)

-- Susie mentions that Spencer & Casey will be performing on Hideout Cosmic Country on Friday, so Jeff wants to take Friday night off

https://www.hideoutchicago.com/e/cosmic-country-vr-road-trippin--112545891792/

Ain't It Strange (Dr. Dog cover sung by Sammy)

-- Jeff, Sammy & Susie discuss Trump for a bit

-- Susie & Jeff talk about meeting Barack & Michelle Obama

-- Jeff says that he got to visit the White House and meet the Obama's dog, but Barack wasn't there. He left him the Diamond Light 10 inch single. Plus, he said that there Wilco posters up in the White House

-- Jeff briefly mentions that he might return on Tuesday, but isn't sure

The Tweedy Show shall return on Monday or possibly Tuesday

The Tweedy Show Monday July 27 Episode 78

-- Susie knocks off Jeff's hat with her cell phone

-- Spencer is back

-- Susie says that Arrow called her a "hat fascist" and Jeff admits that he still hasn't learned Neil Young's Expecting To Fly

-- Jeff says that he's playing a drive-in show on Sept 18th at McHenry Outdoor Theater in McHenry, IL. Susie scolds him that it also happens to be the same day as Rosh Hashanah. Jeff wants Spencer & Sammy to play the show.

https://goldenagecinemas.com

At A Distance (w Spencer on knee slaps)

-- Susie says that the Lincoln Center parking lot show was a year ago today

-- Spencer talks about what he did on his vacation with Casey

Shrug And Destroy

-- Susie says that tomorrow she will be getting IKEA shelves

-- Jeff shows off his Schmilco capo

Just Say Goodbye (w Spencer on thigh slaps)

-- Jeff talks about how some guitarists look down on people who use capos

The Golden Age (Beck cover sung by Sammy on microphone with reverb w Spencer on drums)

More Than This (Roxy Music cover sung by Sammy on microphone w Spencer on drums)

-- Susie reminds everyone to vote & fill out their census

-- Jeff recommends that everyone wears a mask and Susie says that the Tweedy Show masks are on the way at Tweedy Show.com

-- Jeff plays the Fisher Price keyboard with his feet, while playing guitar

We Aren't The World (Safety Girl) (w Spencer on drums)

Rilkean Hearts (Cocteau Twins cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums & backing vocals)

Cool to hear At A Distance, that's a great song.

-- Jeff says that he's playing a drive-in show on Sept 18th at McHenry Outdoor Theater in McHenry, IL. Susie scolds him that it also happens to be the same day as Rosh Hashanah. Jeff wants Spencer & Sammy to play the show.
https://goldenagecinemas.com

I think Jeff meant he wanted the Tweedy band to play, so Liam on bass, James Elkington on guitar, and Spencer on drums. Unless I misunderstood??

The drive in show sounds fun, I'd be into going if we could get the border back open, though with the way the US is trending that doesn't sound likely by September.

Below is the link for the drive-in-show. Kinda stinks that it is an only 18 and over show - guess they don't wan't a bunch of 16 to 18 year old showing up in their cars - would have loved to take my kids to the show, though.

https://www.seetickets.us/event/Sept-18-Live-at-the-Drive-Inn-Jeff-Tweedy-Band/413640

It kinds interesting that the are listing it as the Jeff Tweedy Band.  

The Golden Age was great! One of my favourite Beck songs. Sammy's voice was well suited and sounded great in the reverb. 

It kinds interesting that the are listing it as the Jeff Tweedy Band.  

Yeah I thought that was interesting too. I wonder if having concerts from "Jeff Tweedy" and "TWEEDY" was confusing more casual listeners. The Jeff Tweedy Band is more to the point. 

Cool to hear At A Distance, that's a great song.

I think Jeff meant he wanted the Tweedy band to play, so Liam on bass, James Elkington on guitar, and Spencer on drums. Unless I misunderstood??

The drive in show sounds fun, I'd be into going if we could get the border back open, though with the way the US is trending that doesn't sound likely by September.

I thought I heard Jeff say that he wants the kids to play with him. It would seem safer. I have no idea if Jeff has been in physical contact with the other guys that you mentioned. I guess they could still join him at this show.

Liam and James are tagged in Wilco's instagram post so it seems safe to assume they are playing. I believe the show Jeff did in Evanston on the golf course was billed in some places as the Jeff Tweedy Band? Curious to know if they'll play any Wilco songs at the drive in.

The Tweedy Show Tuesday July 28 Episode 79

# animated intro on screen has a brief issue

-- Sammy talks about the Walter Mercado documentary that he was watching earlier

Gwendolyn

-- Jeff discusses the lyrics to Gwendolyn

The Tea Song (Michael Hurley cover sung by Sammy)

-- Susie sings a bit of a song from Jesus Christ Superstar or Godspell. Susie asks Alexa to play a song from Godspell and it plays Day By Day

Oklahoma U.S.A. (The Kinks cover)

Expecting To Fly (Buffalo Springfield cover for Arrow who had been requesting it for a long time in the comments)

-- Jeff talks to Arrow

Expecting To Fly (Buffalo Springfield cover - Jeff does it again because he messed up a chord)

-- Jeff tells a funny story about his lawyer

-- Jeff thanks Karen for the eBay gift cards and the story will soon follow for the payoff

-- the Seattle Kraken are discussed

Helplessly Hoping (Crosby, Stills & Nash cover sung & performed on guitar by Sammy)

-- Jeff tells the Karen story. Apparently there’s a fake Wilco FB page that has a real number on it claiming to be Jeff asking for EBay gift cards to release his next song. Mark has been using the alias Karen to fuck with the fake Jeff.

SHOW ENDS ABRUPTLY @ 10:54 EST

-- Susie says that she's not sure why the show ended abruptly

-- Jeff talks about having speech therapy for a lisp that he had as a child

The Tweedy Show Thursday July 30 Episode 80

Glow Worms (Vashti Bunyan cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on harmony)

-- flies are discussed

-- Sammy talks about his soccer shirt

-- Jeff & Susie talk about their upcoming 25th wedding anniversary. They might renew their vows on an upcoming episode

Let Me Come Home

-- Jeff says that it's the first time that he's ever played the song

-- Spencer & Susie announce that the masks are now on sale @ TheTweedyShow.com

-- Susie talks about her shoulder injury

-- Jeff jokes that when Susie has shoulder surgery The Tweedy Show will have to do a flashback episode

An Empty Corner

-- Jeff says that he was frightened of Phantasm and the drill going into someone's head

Magnetized

-- Jeff talks about naming one of his guitars Molly

Two Of Us (The Beatles cover sung by Spencer & Casey w Spencer on guitar)

I Am Not Willing (Moby Grape cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums)

Common Sense (w Spencer on drums)

-- Jeff says that they will return on Monday

-- Jeff hints that they might do a surprise show this weekend

The Tweedy Show shall return Monday

The Tweedy Show Monday August 3 Episode 81

Bull Black Nova (for Vince's birthday)

-- Susie sings a bit of John Denver's Country Road

All Lives, You Say? (w Spencer on drums)

-- Jeff says that a vinyl single of All Lives, You Say? will be out on Tuesday. One side has the Wilco version and the other side has the Punch Brothers & Jeff version. The record will benefit Black Lives Matter.

https://wilcostore.com/products/all-lives-you-say-7-vinyl-lp?variant=32106204201025

-- Susie says that they need to start a dating app for "the clients"

-- eggplant emojis are discussed

-- Susie talks about getting her shingles shot today

-- Susie mentions that their 25th anniversary is August 6th & her birthday is on August 12th

Honey Combed

"Please Be Wrong About Me" (new untitled song w Spencer on drums)

-- Jeff mentions that The Clash used to wear their own band shirts on stage.

Open The Door, Homer (Bob Dylan cover sung & performed on guitar by Spencer)

"When You Need Me I'll Be There" (new untitled song w Spencer on drums)

-- Susie mentions that episodes 78 & 79 are on YouTube, but with no audio. She can hear audio on her end. She will look into the issue

-- Spencer announces that the "curtain" fabric will be cut & sewn into face masks

-- Jeff, Susie & Spencer wonder if there's no audio because of a copyright claim, even though it's Jeff's music

-- Jeff mentions Trump showing up to a Wilco show, but it was when they opened for Neil Young

-- Buck Meek is in the comments and Dr. Dog started following the IG page

-- shingles are discussed

Never heard of these guys. Downloading now on your recommendation!

Enjoy. Their second album is out now but I haven't heard it yet. Fingers crossed they can keep up the good work. They have a fidgety, awkward lead singer who I find hypnotic in an Ian Curtis kind of way, with the unpretentious dress style of fellow Irishmen The Undertones, which is always a good thing.

P.S. Long time no see.

Enjoy. Their second album is out now but I haven't heard it yet. Fingers crossed they can keep up the good work. They have a fidgety, awkward lead singer who I find hypnotic in an Ian Curtis kind of way, with the unpretentious dress style of fellow Irishmen The Undertones, which is always a good thing.

P.S. Long time no see.

I agree with you on the first Fontaines DC album.  It's excellent.