• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Friends - I have finally updated the Tweedy Show mp3 archive (over 2,000 song files). All files have been meticulously logged and tagged so they can be easily filtered, searched, and sorted - in iT

I appreciate the accolades, but seriously, all the real credit goes to @u2roolz. The two or three times I filled in for him really showed me how truly dedicated he’s been to this project. It’s fairly

The Tweedy Show Monday December 26 Episode 217 —Sammy welcomes the clients to The Tweedy Show.  —Susie is upset that she sees her reflection in the tv.  —“Hi, everyone! We forgot how to

Posted Images

So many great songs! I have a theory he or Susie read my thread? He played three request (two of diamond claws and one of mine) from the thread including blue eyed soul which I have been asking for forever! Was so good!

Yes! Another awesome set of tunes.

And i agree with you. Someone saw your request thread. Let me head over there now. Lol

Thanks for putting these together! "Just a Kid" for Lilah was my request for my daughters whose best friend moved from Chicago to Texas to get out of the city during the virus. Found out her bestie is staying in Texas and they won't be near each other. "Just a Kid" is Lilah's fave and she was so blown away she thought for a second I was pranking her. But she thought it was amazing! Just another act of kindness on a long list of mitzvah's.

The Tweedy Show Friday May 15 Episode 49

# animated intro on computer screen
Leave Me (Like You Found Me)
-- Susie mentions that tonight would have been the first night at the Vic
-- the Tweedy Show shirts are being printed and have not been shipped out yet
Chinese Apple (Loose Fur cover w Spencer on "banagram")
-- Jeff says that Chinese Apple is in the same tuning as In A Future Age
In A Future Age
-- what's Jeff's favorite venue to play? Lounge Ax
-- Jeff plays a bit of Pot Kettle Black, Kamera & Radio Cure because they’re all in the same tuning.
-- Jeff's new book is not fiction. Jeff jokes that it's "about a Naval Battle that happened in the 1600s & he's doing a lot of research on it".
-- Jeff confirms that next week's Colbert performance will be new & feature a new song
Mi Shebeirach (Debbie Friedman cover sung by Sammy)
Close My Eyes (Arthur Russell cover sung by Sammy)
-- Jeff tells "the clients" about "the birds & the bees"
Tennessee (Case Oats original sung by Case w Spencer on guitar & backing vocals) [released on Monday via Why! Records]
Blue Eyed Soul (w Spencer on drums)
These Days (Jackson Browne cover sung & played on guitar by Sammy. Stopped & restarted. Cut short)
Pink Flag (Wire cover sung by Sammy w Sammy & Jeff on guitar & Spencer on drums)
-- Jeff & Spencer play a bit of Fragile by Wire
-- Jeff tells us "which way to get to the beach" and everyone else shows off their "guns"
Just A Kid (for Lilah w Spencer on drums & backing vocals)
Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover)

Thanks for putting these together! "Just a Kid" for Lilah was my request for my daughters whose best friend moved from Chicago to Texas to get out of the city during the virus. Found out her bestie is staying in Texas and they won't be near each other. "Just a Kid" is Lilah's fave and she was so blown away she thought for a second I was pranking her. But she thought it was amazing! Just another act of kindness on a long list of mitzvah's.

Thank you for the kind words! That’s a sad story about her best friend moving so far away, but it’s an awesome story about Jeff playing Just A Kid for her!

Lots of stuff going on in the Tweedy-verse today, so I’m going to remind people in here that if you go to Wilco’s IG page at 11pm EST you can catch Jeff’s 20 minute-ish set for Australia’s Isol-Aid Festival. https://www.isolaidfestival.com/

The Tweedy Show Saturday May 16 Episode 50

# I'll Take You There (The Staples Singers song on the Tweedy's jukebox)

-- Susie mentions that it's the 50th episode and that she might show a bit of the 1st episode

-- Susie talks about watching Obama's commencement speech & wishes a happy graduation to all graduates

-- Jeff discusses the recent passings of Fred Willard, Little Richard, Lynn Shelton & Jerry Stiller

Wait For Love (for Matt's birthday)

-- Jeff discusses a letter that he received from Matt

-- the Tweedy Show will return on Monday May 25th, unless if Jeff finishes his book earlier

-- Spencer explains that you can watch Jeff on Wilco's IG page immediately after the episode & Spencer mentions that Wilco debuted Tell Your Friends earlier today on Live From Here.

-- Jeff says that the Colbert performance is going to be a music video

-- Susie shows a clip from the first episode w Jeff in the bathtub

Box Full Of Letters (waltz version w Spencer on drums)

-- Jeff asks if he should play that song for the Australian Isol-Aid Festival later this evening

Low Key (w Spencer on drums)

Razor Love (Neil Young cover sung by Sammy also on harmonica w Spencer on drums)

-- Susie asks Alexa what the time is in Australia right now

-- Susie mentions that "the clients" think Spencer looks like Shaggy from Scooby Doo

Pieholden Suite ("I apologize again & again" ending)

Save It For Me (w Spencer on drums & Sammy on backing vocals)

-- Jeff talks the setlist over w Spencer & Sammy

*** The Tweedy Show shall return on Memorial Day Monday May 25th, unless Jeff finishes his book. Or if they decide to come back earlier, so pay attention to your IG notifications.

So many great songs! I have a theory he or Susie read my thread? He played three request (two of diamond claws and one of mine) from the thread including blue eyed soul which I have been asking for forever! Was so good!

How crazy is that?! And of course it sounded amazing. Plus he segued into "In a Future Age" and a bit of "Pot Kettle Black," possibly my two favorite solo acoustic songs. Must be something about that tuning! I continue to be knocked out by the subtleties and nuances he performs on all these songs.

How crazy is that?! And of course it sounded amazing. Plus he segued into "In a Future Age" and a bit of "Pot Kettle Black," possibly my two favorite solo acoustic songs. Must be something about that tuning! I continue to be knocked out by the subtleties and nuances he performs on all these songs.

it was wild when I realized how many songs that day were on the limited request we had up on the list would be a real strange coincidence otherwise. Glad he played them and it was awesome to hear a little medley. So much fun

I haven't watched much lately, did he give any more concrete details about this book that he's finishing?  My tin-foil hat is telling me that he's putting the finishing touches on a new Wilco album haha.

When I was compiling my list of new songs, I actually scrolled all the way back (oh god does that Facebook group get a lot of reposts!!) and found the video. I screen recorded it, I don't want to post it online but I can share it, just shoot me a message on Facebook. 

I found it! (It being the awesome recorded version of "Save It For Me" that was played in the first Tweedy Show episode.)

Entered "Save it" in the search function for the "A Shot in the Arm" Facebook group and then easy to find if you scroll down just a little  (posted by a generous poster named Ron DeNicolo).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/390889574423674/search/?query=%22save%20it%22&epa=SEARCH_BOX

I've been lurking around here so thought I'd try to contribute a little!

The (no Jeff) Tweedy Show KIDS EDITION Wednesday May 20 Episode 51

Apple Scruffs (George Harrison cover sung by Sammy & on harmonica w Spencer on guitar)

-- Sammy does some fingerpicking

-- Casey's favorite Wilco song is One Sunday Morning. Spencer's favorite guitar solo of all time is At Least That's What You Said which is also Sammy's favorite Wilco song.

Wishing Stone (original song & sung by Case Oats w Spencer on guitar)

Swing Lo Magellan (Dirty Projectors cover sung by Sammy)

Surgical Focus (Guided By Voices cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on guitar)

Tell Everyone (Ronnie Lane cover sung by Sammy)

Human (Molly Sarle cover sung by Sammy)

Depreston (Courtney Barnett cover sung by Casey w Spencer on guitar)

-- Spencer strums a bit of Roger Miller's Reincarnation

Clay Pigeons (John Prine cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on guitar & backing vocals. Casey on backing vocals)

The Tweedy Show Monday May 25 Episode 52

# Hate It Here "client" video premiere

# animated intro on computer screen

-- Jeff & Susie's reaction to the "client" vid

-- Jeff is not done writing his book

Pigeons (for Joanne's birthday)

Love Is Everywhere (Beware) (for Paige's birthday)

-- Jeff liked being a "client" during the kids' show

-- beware of a fake Jeff Tweedy IG account

Nothing'severgonnastandinmyway (Again)

(for Rand's birthday)

-- Susie mentions that Scott McCaughey is in the comments section this evening

-- Jeff plays an extremely brief Dear Employer (The Reason I Quit)

Broken Heart (Skip Spence cover sung by Sammy)

-- Jeff says that The Minus 5's Down With Wilco record is one of his favorite

Frank Mills (from the musical Hair sung by Sammy)

-- Jeff tells a funny story about drinking a bottle of water out of a paper bag while waiting to pick up Sammy from school

Forever Young (Bob Dylan cover for Bob's birthday yesterday)

-- passing out is discussed

Can You Get To That (Funkadelic cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums & backing vocals)

Oh! Sweet Nuthin' (Velvet Underground cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums & backing vocals and Jeff on backing vocals)

You’re in the Shot in the Arm group too, aren’t you, Kevin?

Yeah but it's hard to follow as closely as I do Via Chicago. The first time I saw Nichole's post was tonight during the show after people started commenting on it again, it just never appeared for me last week (though every time someone posts that Wilco have a song in a bean commercial, Facebook decides it's really important I see it!!). Was it ever pinned to the top?

Offering up a data point:

I noticed on Susie's YouTube channel that she labeled the all-kids/no Jeff show as episode 51. I'm assuming that will not change, and therefore she will call last night's episode number 52. Based on that assumption, I'm going to label last nights songs as episode 52 on the spreadsheet so that it matches up to the YouTube videos. 

If she does change the numbering when she uploads the episode, I will go back and re-adjust the list to match. 

Yeah but it's hard to follow as closely as I do Via Chicago. The first time I saw Nichole's post was tonight during the show after people started commenting on it again, it just never appeared for me last week (though every time someone posts that Wilco have a song in a bean commercial, Facebook decides it's really important I see it!!). Was it ever pinned to the top?

Sure was. And I know Facebook can be frustrating at times but that’s just the way it works.