• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Friends - I have finally updated the Tweedy Show mp3 archive (over 2,000 song files). All files have been meticulously logged and tagged so they can be easily filtered, searched, and sorted - in iT

I appreciate the accolades, but seriously, all the real credit goes to @u2roolz. The two or three times I filled in for him really showed me how truly dedicated he’s been to this project. It’s fairly

The Tweedy Show Wednesday November 29 Episode 221 -- Spencer holds Basil and Susie introduces Jeff, Danny Miller & Sammy.  -- Jeff has a new pair of clear frame glasses which Spencer picked ou

Posted Images

HOW COOL WAS THAT????

And thanks to TCP it is indeed now my ringtone. :rock :canada :thumbup

That was awesome! I think I need a refresher on how & when Jeff knew about you and your love for Bull Black Nova.

The Tweedy Show Friday June 5 Episode 58

# animated intro

-- Tweedy Show shirts are now available again for order

-- Jeff addresses the lyrics for his work in progress that he performed last night. The lyrics had to do with tree letter carving which was being questioned by a horticulturist.

Lonely Financial Zone (Jonathan Richman cover)

-- Jeff does a Jonathan Richman impression

-- Jeff won't play Listening To The Wind That Blows because he can't remember the lyrics.

Let's Go Rain (w Spencer on drums)

-- Susie tells the "fucking Mark" story

-- Jeff & Spencer jam out

Only The Lord Knows (Mavis Staples cover w Jeff on electric & Spencer on drums)

-- Jeff talks about the guitar that he got from Patch

-- Jeff talks about the lullaby that he did on Colbert

-- Jeff says that he might need to take next week off to write his book again. It's possible that the show might return on Friday June 12th (more on that below)

-- Sammy talks about getting married to his friend Connie (Constantine) in the video game Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Both Sides, Now (Joni Mitchell cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals)

Guess Again (first verse)

Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover)

The Tweedy Show is set to take next week off. Pay attention to Susie's IG page for any spur of the moment episodes. It's possible there might be another kids' show or maybe even a show from The Loft.

-- Sammy talks about getting married to his best friend Connie (Constantine) in a video game

That video game is Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn! Though Sammy is likely playing the Shadowbringers DLC.

That video game is Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn! Though Sammy is likely playing the Shadowbringers DLC.

Thank you! I didn’t catch the name of the game and when I went back to watch the part where Sammy entered the room he talked about the game, but I never heard him mention the name of it.

I remember seeing the animated film that came out in 2001.

Thank you! I didn’t catch the name of the game and when I went back to watch the part where Sammy entered the room he talked about the game, but I never heard him mention the name of it.

I remember seeing the animated film that came out in 2001.

That animated movie is a travesty! And not really a good representation of the franchise. I've actually never seen all of it, but I've tried twice to watch it and couldn't make it through. I recommend playing the Super Nintendo era games, Final Fantasy IV and VI. XIV is suppose to be really good, I played it a bit when A Realm Reborn launched and liked it, but since it's an online game to catch up to the rest of the player base is like... 200 hours or something like that. 

Anyways...

B)

That was awesome! I think I need a refresher on how & when Jeff knew about you and your love for Bull Black Nova.

That would be an excellent sidewalk discussion someday! Short version is that I started bringing a big "BULL BLACK NOVA" sign to shows a few years back, and he noticed / called me out on it a time or two.  Nevertheless, I persisted... and also started requesting the song at the Vic shows and the couple of living room shows that I've been fortunate enough to attend.  He put 2+2 together at a LRS and it's been a "thing" ever since.  Check #bullblacknova on FB - the whole sign thing has kinda developed a life of its own. 

Just an FYI to anyone using the song list:

My department has been called back in to work on premises starting this coming Monday. Since I commute out of state every day, that means I have to get up more than 2 hours earlier than I have been while working from home. I'm not sure how this will affect my viewing of the show. Maybe not at all, as I'm a bit of an insomniac anyway. But the point I want to make is that I may not be able to update the list as quickly as I have been. I'll definitely keep doing it, but there may be more of a lag than there has been. Please bear with me.

So using the helpful song list and the episode recaps, and then going to the YouTube videos posted by Susie Tweedy and earlier by Kate Vassos, and using a Youtube to MP3 convertor, I've made a mp3 playlist of all the new songs (and that one unreleased Ode To Joy outtake) played by Jeff on The Tweedy Show so far. (For the songs that have been played more than once, I took what I thought was the best version.) It's up to about 44 minutes at this point. There's lots of banter mixed in of course and varying sound quality, but I think it captures the spirit of the show and most fans would like it (so many great new songs, even if some unfinished).

I'd love to share it with the Wilco Archive google drive, if that seems ethical. I assume it's okay as Wilco and Jeff have always allowed taping at shows (I think?) but would love some feedback. I assume anyone going to the Wilco archive would buy the finished versions of the songs if they're ever available for purchase (like "Tell Your Friends" is on Bandcamp.) Also, I actually have no idea how to add to the archive (!), but figure someone here might know.

Of course I'd also be happy to share it with the Tweedys if they wanted to use it to raise money for a great cause, too. Or happy to not do anything with it except use it for private use if that's what the Tweedys prefer as well (or if that's what people here think is best, too.)

The Tweedy family is being very generous with their time, talent, and in the case of Jeff, unreleased songs. Anything that can potentially be interpreted as taking advantage of that generosity should be treated with caution, IMHO. Personally I feel changing formats (video stream to audio files), compiling everything, and distributing them is a few steps beyond an audience recording of a concert, and could rub Jeff the wrong way. A bootleg of a show is audio you captured yourself, but this feels different. Unless of course, Susie gives it the OK. She seems pretty accessible so I think it'd be best to be safe and ask. 

After reading the comments, seems best to keep the playlist to myself, but I'll try to reach out to Susie, and only share it with anyone if she says it's okay (and if she doesn't respond, I'll also keep it to myself.)

Thanks for your thoughtful comments!

The (No Jeff) Tweedy Show KIDS EDITION Thursday June 11 Episode 59

-- Spencer & Sammy sing a bit of The Wheels On The Bus

Tear The Fascists Down (Woody Guthrie cover sung by Sammy)

New untitled Spencer Tweedy Song (written this week)

Blue Moon (Big Star cover sung by Sammy)

Mr. Spaceman (The Byrds cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on guitar & backing vocals)

Human (Molly Sarle cover sung by Sammy)

These Days (Jackson Browne cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals)

Mi Shebeirach (Debbie Friedman cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on guitar & backing vocals)

Pink Moon (Nick Drake "karaoke" cover sung by Sammy to a recording of Jeff on an iPhone)

In A Station (The Band cover sung by Spencer)

Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover sung by Spencer)

The Tweedy Show shall return Monday...maybe earlier....

The Tweedy Show Monday June 15 Episode 60

-- animated intro on screen

When The Roses Bloom Again

-- Jeff didn't finish writing his book, so he may need to take some time off soon.

-- Susie mentions that the client numbers start at 1,000

-- Jeff says that he doesn't think the nude animated pic of himself looks like him at all.

-- "lay down" vs. "lie down" is discussed

Muzzle Of Bees

-- Jeff wonders if the horticulturist ever showed up again

-- Jeff talks about the ESPN 30 for 30 doc that he wrote the music for with Spencer & Sammy

-- Jeff talks about also doing the music for Alex Winter's Showbiz Kids

-- Jeff & Spencer play a bit of Eric Clapton's Cocaine

Gwendolyn (New song w Spencer on drums)

The Goldheart Mountaintop Queen Directory (Guided By Voices cover sung by Sammy)

Yours To Keep (Guided By Voices cover sung by Sammy)

Slurf Song (Michael Hurley & The Unholy Modal Rounders cover sung by Sammy w Spencer & Jeff on backing vocals)

Sweet Lucy (Michael Hurley & The Unholy Modal Rounders cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums)

Blue Moon (Big Star cover sung by Sammy)

-- Sammy & Jeff try to work out Big Star's Thank You Friends

The Tweedy Show Tuesday June 16 Episode 61

# animated intro on screen

-- Jeff shows off the new animated drawing of Jeff by Jeff Knurek

-- Jeff sings a bit of Mac Davis' It's Hard To Be Humble

-- Spencer discusses the shipping & tracking info for The Tweedy Show shirts

-- Jeff says that he's working on something maybe a single in the future or an archival thing. Stay tuned!

Gwendolyn (new song w some new lyrics tonight. w Spencer on thigh slaps)

-- Jeff strums a bit of One Sunday Morning

Dawned On Me

-- Jeff strums a bit to stump Paul's music knowledge

Run Of The Mill (George Harrison cover sung & performed on guitar by Spencer)

-- Spencer shows off his Beavis & Butthead socks

Cosmic Dancer (T. Rex cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums)

Even I Can See aka By Her Side (new song last played on May 5th when it was untitled)

Funeral Singers (Califone cover sung by Sammy)

The Tweedy Show shall return this Thursday.

Just a heads up for Thursday’s show, if anyone wants to fill in for me. Thanks in advance!

No need to worry, but I’ll be undergoing a colonoscopy prep on Thursday evening to hopefully fix an issue that began late last week. I feel fine. I’m making sure to not become anemic. I totally understand when Jeff mentioned how anxiety makes him want to poop. I’m the same way. I think this stressful time that we’re living in exacerbated that issue which led to gross and scary bathroom issues. Anyways, I was right on it checking myself into the ER on Friday afternoon and that’s a huge step because I hate hospitals.

I’ll be happy to be substitute note-taker. Can’t promise to be as thorough as you are, but I’ll be making my notes for the song list anyway. Might as well jot down a few other notes on what they discuss, too. Good luck to you, and be well.

I’ll be happy to be substitute note-taker. Can’t promise to be as thorough as you are, but I’ll be making my notes for the song list anyway. Might as well jot down a few other notes on what they discuss, too. Good luck to you, and be well.

Thank you! ❤️

Just a heads up for Thursday’s show, if anyone wants to fill in for me. Thanks in advance!

No need to worry, but I’ll be undergoing a colonoscopy prep on Thursday evening to hopefully fix an issue that began late last week. I feel fine. I’m making sure to not become anemic. I totally understand when Jeff mentioned how anxiety makes him want to poop. I’m the same way. I think this stressful time that we’re living in exacerbated that issue which led to gross and scary bathroom issues. Anyways, I was right on it checking myself into the ER on Friday afternoon and that’s a huge step because I hate hospitals.

Hope it goes well! Thanks as always for your recaps

June 18 Episode 62

—Animated opening

—Talking to and about Basil

—Talking about Jeff’s social media post from earlier today

—Would we need rock and roll or the blues if we lived in a utopian world?

—Talked about his $150 guitar with another rubber bridge.

Ram On (Paul McCartney cover sung by Sammy with Jeff on guitar and Spencer knees slaps)

—Story about Susie hiding Sammy’s camouflage shirt when he was 18

—Jeff says when they were kids he and his friends would poop on a shovel and throw it into the street

—Casey says Basil once ate 4 earplugs and piped them out.

—Jeff Garlin calls in, had a colonoscopy today

—Susie accidentally shows herself and kills the feed

A.M. Am (Damian Jurado cover Sung by Sammy with Jeff on guitar and Spencer on knee slapsand harmony vocals)

Kentucky Cave (Casey original with Spencer on guitar)

Cosmic Dancer (T. Rex cover sung by Sammy with Jeff on guitar and Spencer on drums)

—closeup of Spencer playing drum solo

Bad Day Lately (new song by Jeff with Spencer on drums)

—Jeff and Spencer jam on Use Me Up by Bill Withers

—Spencer talks about James Gadson, Bill Withers’s drummer

—Spencer also talks about drummer Nate Smith

—Jeff says Norah Jones texted to ask to use one of his songs for a gig

—Susie names some of her favorite drummers

Having Been Is No Way To Be (Jeff with Spencer on drums)

—Spencer sings a bit of I’m Into Something Good

Heavy Metal Drummer (Jeff with Spenser on drums)

—Spenser and Susie talk about the scene in IATTBYH where Spenser was

playing Heavy Metal Drummer on his lap, and then they cut to the band playing the song.

—Jeff talks about people misunderstanding his humor and how to handle trolls

—Jeff says goodbye in his mask