Sure was. And I know Facebook can be frustrating at times but that’s just the way it works.

Exactly why posting about it on VC, even if just in this thread, could have got more people involved. 

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Friends - I have finally updated the Tweedy Show mp3 archive (over 2,000 song files). All files have been meticulously logged and tagged so they can be easily filtered, searched, and sorted - in iT

I appreciate the accolades, but seriously, all the real credit goes to @u2roolz. The two or three times I filled in for him really showed me how truly dedicated he’s been to this project. It’s fairly

The Tweedy Show Monday December 26 Episode 217 —Sammy welcomes the clients to The Tweedy Show.  —Susie is upset that she sees her reflection in the tv.  —“Hi, everyone! We forgot how to

Posted Images

Exactly why posting about it on VC, even if just in this thread, could have got more people involved.

It wasn’t my project to share. Possibly the people who spearheaded it aren’t members here. No way to tell because of the anonymity of the screen names. But if you feel in the future that something should be shared here you can always take the initiative to ask about that to the people who are putting the project together.

Offering up a data point:

I noticed on Susie's YouTube channel that she labeled the all-kids/no Jeff show as episode 51. I'm assuming that will not change, and therefore she will call last night's episode number 52. Based on that assumption, I'm going to label last nights songs as episode 52 on the spreadsheet so that it matches up to the YouTube videos.

If she does change the numbering when she uploads the episode, I will go back and re-adjust the list to match.

Thanks for the heads up! I added a recap for the Kids Show and labeled it as episode 51 & changed last night’s episode to 52. I don’t want it to be confusing either. Lol

It wasn’t my project to share. Possibly the people who spearheaded it aren’t members here. No way to tell because of the anonymity of the screen names. But if you feel in the future that something should be shared here you can always take the initiative to ask about that to the people who are putting the project together.

Diane, apologies if you felt I was saying you should have shared it. My suggestion was it would have been nice if someone (probably the organizers) would have shared the idea with other Wilco online communities like VC or even the somewhat active subreddit, but definitely not singling you out individually. 

Thanks for the heads up! I added a recap for the Kids Show and labeled it as episode 51 & changed last night’s episode to 52. I don’t want it to be confusing either. Lol

Cool! I didn't know the original song Casey sang was called Wishing Stone. Just updated the spreadsheet with that change.

Diane, apologies if you felt I was saying you should have shared it. My suggestion was it would have been nice if someone (probably the organizers) would have shared the idea with other Wilco online communities like VC or even the somewhat active subreddit, but definitely not singling you out individually.

No no, I definitely didn’t take it personally. It’s all I can do sometimes to effectively moderate the Facebook group. I just don’t have time to think about where else things might logically be shared.

The Tweedy Show Tuesday May 26 Episode 53

# animated intro on screen

Misunderstood

-- Susie mentions Jackfruitbisket's comment about how handsome the Tweedy children are because Susie grew them inside of her

Dear Employer (The Reason I Quit) (The Minus 5 cover w Spencer & Sammy on backing vocals. Dedicated to recent client Scott McCaughey)

Mi Shebeirach (Debbie Friedman cover sung by Sammy)

-- Jeff says that he wants to change the focus of the show from music to one item in the house per night. Spencer & Sammy come over with drumsticks

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart (for Jennifer's birthday)

-- Jeff has nice words to say about Paul Suwan after Paul mentioned how half the clients are middle aged men who want to see Jeff's guitars & the other half are middle aged women who want to see Susie's stuff in her house

You & I (w Spencer on backing vocals)

-- Jeff makes a shredding face

Theologians (for Colleen's 31st wedding anniversary)

-- Tweedy Show t-shirts are being printed and should be shipped at the end of next week

-- a pastor wants to know the meaning behind Theologians

Summer Noon (for Laurel's birthday)

Weighted Down (Skip Spence cover sung by Sammy)

-- Sammy mentions the Sunrise Movement and the Green New Deal

Heaven (Talking Heads cover)

-- Jeff talks about the parallel universe they just discovered where time runs backward

Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover)

The Tweedy Show shall return Thursday

-- Jeff talks about the parallel universe they just discovered where time runs backward

Oh my god, Jeff trying to describe this on a physics level as a laymen while Susie is yelling at him to play the closing song was one of the harder laughs I've had at this show.

The Tweedy Show Thursday May 28 Episode 54

# animated intro on TV screen

All Lives, You Say?

-- Jeff & Susie are upset about the news in Minneapolis regarding the murder of George Floyd.

-- Jeff says his hair usually smells like cotton candy & pickles

-- Jeff tells a story about a prosthetic leg

Mi Shebeirach (Debbie Friedman cover sung by Sammy. Dedicated to the protesters in Minneapolis)

Quarters

-- Jeff & Susie announce that they are stopping birthday requests

This Side Of The Blue (Joanna Newsom cover sung by Sammy)

-- Jeff mentions the article that he read about the parallel universe was actually clickbait

All Apologies (Nirvana cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums & Jeff on guitar)

-- Susie tells a story about Nirvana's "secret show" at Lounge Ax

-- Dave Grohl is discussed

-- Jeff only met Eddie Vedder once at Bridge School Benefit

-- Jeff talks about "beefs" with musicians and how they're exaggerated

-- Hi, How Are You? is the place to go to for Jeff's hat which is original art by the late Daniel Johnston

Say You Miss Me

-- The Tweedy Show will now be 4 days a week. Wednesday, Saturday, & Sunday will be the off days. The good news is that the show will keep going once lockdown is lifted.

-- Jeff wants to show an item from his house, so Susie shows the Bob Newhart pillow

Outtasite (Outta Mind) (w Spencer on drums)

Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover w Spencer on drums)

The announcement was made that they are also taking Saturday's off, so you can catch The Tweedy Show 4 nights a week: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.

I had totally forgotten about All Lives, You Say? Probably because it hasn't been played live (much/ever?). Would it be fair to call that one a Schmilco outtake, or was it written and recorded after the album?

All Apologies was quite unexpected, and very nice.

I had totally forgotten about All Lives, You Say? Probably because it hasn't been played live (much/ever?). Would it be fair to call that one a Schmilco outtake, or was it written and recorded after the album?

All Apologies was quite unexpected, and very nice.

Thanks. I hadn't heard it here at any of the east coast shows I've attended.

I was thrilled to finally hear "Quarters" Thursday. It's one of my favorite Jeff tunes, and I had requested it every night for weeks (but not last night!).

Is it me, or do the IG comments seem even more annoying this week?  It's the same feeling I get when people near me at a show talk throughout the set.

The Tweedy Show Friday May 29 Episode 55

# I Shall Be Released (The Band song on The Tweedy jukebox)

The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll (Bob Dylan cover)

History Lesson Pt II (Minutemen cover sung by Sammy)

-- Jeff has a story about Rza

-- Jeff talks about meeting Elton John at the Neil Young MusiCares event

-- Jeff talks about Madewell

-- Jeff talks about not meeting Paul McCartney at Bonnaroo

-- Jeff talks about Drunk History

-- Jeff reads Etermar's letter about Jeff

-- Jeff discusses microbreweries & when he stopped drinking

Someone Else's Song

-- Susie talks about Peter Noone

Thick Lizzy (Spencer original. Spencer on guitar & vocals)

-- you can find Spencer's music at Bandcamp

No Milk Today (Herman's Hermits cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on guitar)

Tell Me Why (Neil Young cover sung by Casey w Spencer on guitar & backing vocals)

The Losing End (Neil Young cover w Spencer & Sammy on backing vocals)

I Shall Be Released (Bob Dylan cover sung by Sammy w Spencer & Sammy on backing vocals. Dedicated to the protesters)

-- Spencer sings the blues while Jeff plays guitar

The Tweedy Show shall return Monday.

I was surprised that Susie saw my Elton question. Loved Jeff's answer. I think I bought that MusiCares DVD.

Is it me, or do the IG comments seem even more annoying this week?  It's the same feeling I get when people near me at a show talk throughout the set.

You can minimize them by tapping the middle of the screen, but yeah I could do without the comments that are just walls of emojis.

Is it me, or do the IG comments seem even more annoying this week? It's the same feeling I get when people near me at a show talk throughout the set.

No, it’s not just you. There are some things I enjoy about some of the comments, but overall most of them are so inane that they take me out of the moment. On the IGTV version of the show that is on Susie’s account the comments don’t appear at all. For an incredibly powerful song like The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll last night I found it 100 times better to watch the archived version without the comments.

No, it’s not just you. There are some things I enjoy about some of the comments, but overall most of them are so inane that they take me out of the moment. On the IGTV version of the show that is on Susie’s account the comments don’t appear at all. For an incredibly powerful song like The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll last night I found it 100 times better to watch the archived version without the comments.

I missed the first eight or so minutes of last night's show and watched this morning the archived version of what I missed.  Enjoyed the comment free version so much that I may go this route from now on -- though I do enjoy seeing the names of folks who post on Via Chicago randomly appear on the IG stream.   

Agreed. At the start, the comments were fun, but they have become increasingly less so. While it's still nice to see familiar names, I've pretty much tuned out the comments (and limited my own).

The Tweedy Show Monday June 1 Episode 56

# Black Lives Matter intro w Freedom's Highway by The Staples Singers

-- Jeff discusses the beginning of the show in the pandemic to create some routine to get your bearings & connections with people. Jeff feels like it's not a good time to escape right now with what's going on in the world.

Mi Shebeirach (Debbie Friedman cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals)

Wave That Flag (The Bottle Rockets cover)

-- Jeff discusses Brian Henneman

-- Susie talks about getting arrested for disorderly conduct

Fearless (Pink Floyd cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums & backing vocals)

-- Jeff talks about his weight loss during rehab and how many calories are in a Jamba Juice smoothie

-- Jeff says that he is 5'10"

-- gooey butter cake is discussed & salivated over by everyone

Christ For President

Save It For Me (w Sammy on backing vocals)

America! (Bill Callahan cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums)

-- Spencer does an awesome drum solo

-- Jeff quickly shows a video of a duck playing drums w it's feet and says that he asked if they should replace Glenn with the duck.

Can You Get To That (Funkadelic cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums)

Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover w Spencer on drums)

The Tweedy Show shall return Thursday. They are taking Tuesday night off to respect the music industry's Blackout Tuesday to honor the late George Floyd. #theshowmustbepaused

The Tweedy Show Thursday June 4 Episode 57

# animated intro on screen

What Are They Doing In Heaven Today (Mavis Staples cover)

-- Susie shows a picture of her nephew Charles holding a gooey butter cake

-- Jeff talks about being recognized in public while wearing his Daniel Johnston hat & mask

-- Susie shows a picture of Charles eating the gooey butter cake

Pecan Pie (Golden Smog cover)

-- Susie says that the Tweedy Show shirts are all sold out, but they will make more

"Inside A Heart, Outside A Heart" (untitled work in progress for Susie.)

-- Jeff talks about the Lance Armstrong doc which somehow leads to an informative discussion about shitting yourself. Edit: Jeff talks about how watching the Lance Armstrong doc led to a panic attack and how his panic attacks make him want to poop.

These Days (Jackson Browne cover sung & performed on guitar by Sammy)

-- Jeff plays a bit of David Bowie's Blackstar

Screen Door (Uncle Tupelo cover)

-- Jeff talks about writing Screen Door

-- Jeff talks about John Sinclair managing Guild Books near Lounge Ax. Jeff checks to see if his copy of John Sinclair's Army: Rock and Revolution with The MC5 and the White Panther Party is signed.

Long, Long, Long (The Beatles cover sung & performed on guitar by Spencer)

Panthers (original version)

-- Jeff strums & sings a bit of Bull Black Nova for Vince

-- Jeff talks about watching Raising Arizona last night and a car chase happened near O'Hare Airport to Soldier Field.

My feed froze during the new song and another spot, so I'll check those sections soon.