On 10/2/2020 at 4:54 PM, calvino said:

I am not Instagram, so I never see these shows ( thank you kindly to U2roolz for these recaps, ) -- anyway's I would have been in your same White Sox boat. Looking forward to next year.

Thank you for the kind words! 

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Friends - I have finally updated the Tweedy Show mp3 archive (over 2,000 song files). All files have been meticulously logged and tagged so they can be easily filtered, searched, and sorted - in iT

I appreciate the accolades, but seriously, all the real credit goes to @u2roolz. The two or three times I filled in for him really showed me how truly dedicated he’s been to this project. It’s fairly

The Tweedy Show Monday December 26 Episode 217 —Sammy welcomes the clients to The Tweedy Show.  —Susie is upset that she sees her reflection in the tv.  —“Hi, everyone! We forgot how to

Posted Images

14 hours ago, u2roolz said:

Turtles Have Short Legs (Can cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums)

Thanks for not mentioning my failure to identify this one...haha. It was a fairly obscure one, but I own it. Lol. :loser

The Tweedy Show Thursday October 8 Episode 106

# animated intro on screen
-- Jeff & Sammy play a bit of The Carpenters' We've Only Just Begun
-- one of the clients asks Jeff to play Corduroy Cutoff Girl which prompts Jeff to do a shoulder dance
-- Jeff plays a bit of Nope per Liam's request
Thirteen (Big Star cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals)
Watching The Wheels (John Lennon cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums)
-- "what are you wearing? Is that a disposable?"
-- Susie says that Spencer is working hard on shipping the 2nd batch of masks. 
-- Jeff talks about his favorite phone apps.
-- Spencer drops a hint to check Wilco's social media pages tomorrow for John Lennon's birthday. There might be a cover performed by Jeff. 
-- Jeff does a Matthew McConaughey impression. 
-- Jeff makes the "first time that I saw Susie" face, so that it can be memed
-- Jeff jokingly tells the story about the first time that he met Susie. 
Wilco (The Song) (w Spencer on drums)
-- Jeff briefly tells the story of singing "Colbert" instead of "Wilco" the first time that they ever played the song on The Colbert Report
Pot Kettle Black (w Spencer on drums)
-- Jeff responds to an angry commenter on his recent Gwendolyn video. 
-- Jeff jokes that he would have paid for Cameo's to get "more famous" people to appear in the Gwendolyn video. 
-- a discussion on Leave It To Beaver, The Dick Van Dyke Show, I Love Lucy and The Carol Burnett Show
Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover)
-- "let's drink whiskey out of your dad's Grammy's"

The Tweedy Show Friday October 9 Episode 107

# intro on jukebox
-- Susie describes the Jeff Knurek meme that he made of Annie Wilkes from Misery with Jeff on a bed. 
-- Jeff & Susie discuss their present that they received from one of the "clients" that is a humane bug catcher.
-- Jeff very briefly mentions that he literally just came in the door from doing a back yard charity concert. 
-- Jeff explains the back yard charity concert that he just got back from. 
-- Jeff talks about John & Sean Lennon. 
Taste The Ceiling (Dedicated to Mary for her birthday. She is Scott McCaughey's wife.)
-- Jeff mentions that he co-wrote Taste The Ceiling with Scott McCaughey. 
Guess Again
-- "carameled apples" "past tense apples"
-- Jeff strums & hums Bread's Guitar Man hoping Susie will sing it. 
-- Jeff & Susie have kind words for Stephen Colbert. 
-- "wise indie elder" 
Spirit World Rising (Daniel Johnston cover sung by Sammy)
-- Jeff & Sammy work out a bit of Daniel Johnston's Some Things Last A Long Time
-- Sammy talks about his studies. 
-- Jeff plays a lengthy melody on his guitar that is unknown as of press time. 🤷🏻‍♂️ edited thanks to Paul Suwan: Jeff plays “Charlie,” a theme composed by Georges Delerue from the Truffaut film Shoot The Piano Player.
--Sammy does a "crooner" era Bob Dylan impression followed by an impression of Michael Jackson singing Human Nature.
-- Jeff does more impressions of Jonathan Richman and Michael Stipe. 
-- Sammy does an impression of Squidward.
-- Jeff does an impression of Peter Miller. 
Passenger Side 
-- Jeff warns that there won't be any episodes next week due to Jeff's book obligations. He briefly mentions his 2 virtual book tour events scheduled for this Tuesday & Wednesday evening. 

The Tweedy Show shall return Monday October 19th, unless there's another kid's show. Follow Susie's page for any sudden show announcement. 

4 hours ago, u2roolz said:

-- Jeff plays a lengthy melody on his guitar that is unknown as of press time. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m pretty sure Jeff said this was “Charlie,” a theme composed by Georges Delerue from the Truffaut film Shoot The Piano Player. Well, he didn’t say all that; he said it was “Shoot The Piano Player: Charlie.” But anyway...

And thanks for not mentioning that I got sent to my room for saying “C” word. (Not that one.) ;)

On 10/10/2020 at 3:58 AM, bböp said:

I’m pretty sure Jeff said this was “Charlie,” a theme composed by Georges Delerue from the Truffaut film Shoot The Piano Player. Well, he didn’t say all that; he said it was “Shoot The Piano Player: Charlie.” But anyway...

And thanks for not mentioning that I got sent to my room for saying “C” word. (Not that one.) ;)

Thank you! 

That was funny! 

The Tweedy Show Monday October 19 Episode 108

-- Susie says that a show almost didn't happen because Jeff was tired. 
-- Susie mentions that Spencer's book is coming out tomorrow, yet some people have it already. 
A Whiter Shade Of Pale (Procol Harum cover w Spencer on drums)
-- Jeff brings up the "acorn situation" regarding his neighbor's property. And he also mentions that he might've spelled  Ian, his neighbor's name, wrong on his signature for his book. 

-- Jeff shows the clients his wood grain slippers with deer on them and fleece inside. 
-- Spencer shows off his book Mirror Sound and explains why he chose that name. "It's because self recording is holding up a mirror to yourself in an aural sense". Laetitia Tamko aka Vagabon is on the cover of the book. The book is designed by Lawrence Azerrad. It's available at MirrorSoundbook.com

-- Jeff says that Spencer's book is a wonderful companion to How To Write One Song. 

-- Jeff tells the clients to check out the Twitter thread Corgis mating with any dog breed that look like Corgis in disguise. 

-- Jeff thinks that the 2 Austins working at an event last night are the same people. 

-- "nothing I've ever done has been inspired by Peter No One". - Jeff 

-- Jeff & Susie show off old pictures of Sammy. 
-- Jeff makes the big schedule announcement that there may or may not be a show tomorrow. Follow Stuffinourhouse for info. He also announces that if there's no debate Thursday, there will be a show. Otherwise, the plan is to not have a show if the debate goes on as planned. He also mentions a very special show is coming which should be announced either late Wed or early Thu morning. He also mentions the possibility of a Saturday matinee show for the European fans, if there's no show Thursday. 
Changes (Black Sabbath cover sung by Sammy)
I Am The Cosmos (Chris Bell cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals)
-- the Tweedy family ponders what would happen if a family member votes for Trump. 
Spencer's new song (sung & performed on guitar by Spencer)
-- Jeff explains why Tom Schick won't let him use the word milk in a song. 
-- the Tweedy family find out that Jeff Bridges announced that he's been diagnosed with lymphoma. Jeff drops the info that he has Bridges phone number. 
-- Jeff does a great Werner Herzog impression. 
When She Turns 50 (Guided By Voices cover sung & performed on guitar by Sammy)

Lots of possible schedule changes this week. I am going to listen to that part of the episode again to see if I got everything.  

Here's the rundown, so you won't have to comb through the notes.

Tuesday's show may or may not happen. Check with Susie's IG page. 

Thursday's show will happen IF there's NO debate. 

The Saturday matinee show for the European fans will happen if there's no show on Thursday. 

And the very special show announcement should happen Wed evening or early Thurs morning. 

3 hours ago, u2roolz said:

The Tweedy Show Monday October 19 Episode 108

He also mentions the possibility of a Saturday matinee show for the European fans, if there's no show Thursday.

Believe!

On 10/9/2020 at 11:02 PM, u2roolz said:

The Tweedy Show Friday October 9 Episode 107
-- Jeff very briefly mentions that he literally just came in the door from doing a back yard charity concert. 
-- Jeff explains the back yard charity concert that he just got back from. 

That charity concert that Jeff played at is now up on YouTube. It was for Play It Forward: A Musical Celebration Of Intonation’s Creative Community. The backdrop is a beautiful backyard with some sweet lights. 

Jeff’s 9 song set appears over 3 segments: 30:00, 1:06:00, & 1:44:00. Note: if you click on this to watch it in the YouTube app, the times that I listed will be off by about 19 minutes, so Jeff will come on at 49:00 etc. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Does anyone remember which of the new songs that Jeff has debuted on TTS contains some recycled lyrics? I believe it was lyrics from An Empty Corner or maybe one of the Warm/Warmer songs. IIRC, Jeff and Spencer mentioned it after Jeff finished playing it and I think it was at least mentioned here.

5 minutes ago, TCP said:

Does anyone remember which of the new songs that Jeff has debuted on TTS contains some recycled lyrics? I believe it was lyrics from An Empty Corner or maybe one of the Warm/Warmer songs. IIRC, Jeff and Spencer mentioned it after Jeff finished playing it and I think it was at least mentioned here.

Troubled.

The Tweedy Show Special Edition: Love Is The King

Friday October 23 Episode 109

# animated intro on screen
^ Love Is The King
-- Jeff welcomes the clients and says that they will try to get through as much of the album as possible. 
+ Opaline
-- Jeff introduces the band. James Elkington on guitar. Liam Kazar on bass. Sima Cunningham on backing vocals. Sammy on backing vocals. Spencer on drums. 
+ A Robin Or A Wren
-- Jeff explains which lyrics George Saunders wrote for A Robin Or A Wren. "At the end of the end of this beautiful dream we're in I'll wake up again." Jeff wrote "a robin or a wren."
+ Gwendolyn 
-- Jeff says that he has a cousin named Gwendolyn, but the song is not about her. 
^ Bad Day Lately
-- checking on the vegan shells as Jeff tunes his guitar
^ Even I Can See
-- Jeff introduces the next song as an antidote to sweetness. 
+ Natural Disaster 
-- Susie doesn't like the lyric about the bird
-- Jeff explains that this is the 109th episode and that they're about to play a song that they listened to on the very first episode. 
+ Save It For Me
-- false start for Guess Again
+ Guess Again 
% Troubled
-- Jeff says that if they can get through the last song they can have some time to hang out after. 
+ Half-Asleep
+ The Old Country Waltz (Neil Young cover)
-- Jeff gives a heartfelt origin story on why they started doing The Tweedy Show
-- Jeff mentions that Peter is working on writing a song thanks to Jeff's book. Jeff may try to play it when it's finished
+ Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover)
-- the friendly reminder about tomorrow's afternoon show at 3:30pm CST. 

^ w James Elkington on guitar. Liam Kazar on bass. Spencer on drums. 
+ w James Elkington on guitar. Liam Kazar on bass. Spencer on drums. Sima Cunningham on backing vocals. Sammy on backing vocals. 
% w James Elkington on guitar. Liam Kazar on bass. Spencer on drums. Sima Cunningham on acoustic guitar. Sammy on backing vocals. 

What a fantastic evening! It’s been a surreal treat to be able to be invited into Jeff’s creative process. It’s been really cool to hear these songs evolve from just Jeff and a guitar to a full band. 

The Tweedy Show Special Edition: Love Is The King Saturday October 24 Episode 110

# animated intro in screen
^ Love Is The King
-- Jeff welcomes the European clients to the special Saturday show. Jeff acknowledges that this is the 110th episode. 
+ Opaline
-- Susie says that Opaline has 4 fake out endings. 
-- Susie mentions that everyone loved Jeff's CBS This Morning segment earlier today.
-- a quick review on last night's incredible vegan shells. 
+ A Robin Or A Wren
-- Jeff introduces Susie to the new clients tuning in, as he picks up a new guitar which leads Susie to quip back with "what? that guitar is your wife?"
+ Gwendolyn 
-- Jeff explains that The Tweedy Show began as a way to stay in touch with the fans. He also mentions that the new songs were played over the past 100 plus episodes. 
-- Jeff introduces the band. Sammy on backing vocals. Spencer on drums. Sima Cunningham on backing vocals. Liam Kazar on bass. James Elkington on guitar. 
^ Bad Day Lately 
^ Even I Can See
-- Jeff reaches his hand out to Susie's as soon as the song ends. 
-- "please clap." Jeff says mocking Jeb Bush. 
+ Natural Disaster 
-- Jeff explains that Save It For Me is sort of the theme song for this show. He reminisces about listening to an early mix of the song way back on episode 1 in the bathtub. 
+ Save It For Me
+ Guess Again 
-- "that was another song for you." - Jeff
% Troubled
-- "It looks like we're having a family talent show" - Susie
-- false start for Half-Asleep
+ Half-Asleep
-- Jeff wants to play a song by Jerry Jeff Walker who died yesterday. 
$ Mr. Bojangles (Jerry Jeff Walker cover)
-- Jeff tries to work out the verses that he mixed up on Mr. Bojangles. Jeff realizes that the lyrics that he printed up were incorrect. 
+ Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover)

^ w James Elkington on guitar. Liam Kazar on bass. Spencer on drums. 
+ w James Elkington on guitar. Liam Kazar on bass. Spencer on drums. Sima Cunningham on backing vocals. Sammy on backing vocals. 
% James Elkington on guitar. Liam Kazar on bass. Spencer on drums. Sima Cunningham on acoustic guitar. Sammy on backing vocals. 
$ James Elkington on guitar. Liam Kazar on bass & backing vocals. Sima Cunningham on backing vocals. Sammy on backing vocals. Spencer on drums. 

On 10/20/2020 at 7:52 PM, u2roolz said:

That charity concert that Jeff played at is now up on YouTube. It was for Play It Forward: A Musical Celebration Of Intonation’s Creative Community. The backdrop is a beautiful backyard with some sweet lights. 

Jeff’s 9 song set appears over 3 segments: 30:00, 1:06:00, & 1:44:00. Note: if you click on this to watch it in the YouTube app, the times that I listed will be off by about 19 minutes, so Jeff will come on at 49:00 etc. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Haven't had time yet to watch it all, but the first half is magnificent...the setting, Jeff's voice, the songs chosen...thanks for sharing this, and I can't wait to watch the rest! :spider

The Tweedy Show Tuesday October 27 Episode 111

-- Susie reveals that she just woke up from a nap and is discombobulated. 
Pick Up The Change (w Spencer on drums)
-- Susie doesn't think that there will be a show on Election Day (which is Tuesday November 3rd for the folks outside of the U.S.)
-- Jeff talks about being interviewed today by public radio which will air at a later date. 
-- Jeff talks about the "real" Jeff Tweedy (of Sean John clothing) challenging him to a duel over the ownership of the Jeff Tweedy name. 
-- Jeff questions Susie's response to his origin story of The Tweedy Show on Colbert's show from Monday evening. Susie says that she was never depressed in bed before the first episode. 
-- Spencer reads texts dating back to March to check "the paper trail" for the truth. 
-- Jeff ponders if they should go back to 7 nights a week if things get locked down again. 
-- Jeff talks about Bruce Springsteen
-- Jeff discusses trains 
-- false start of Evergreen
Evergreen (w Spencer & Sammy on backing vocals)
I'll Be Here In The Morning (Townes Van Zandt cover sung by Sammy)
-- Jeff brings up Sam Rockwell's prosthetic butt in Safe Men

-- Jeff strums & hums a bit of Shuggie Otis' Strawberry Letter 23 which is a client request. 
-- Jeff is nervous about the suitcases popping up near the front door. 
Plateau (Meat Puppets cover w Spencer & Sammy on backing vocals)
-- Susie asks if that song was a predecessor to WAP because it mentions "a bucket and a mop", so Spencer comes up with Wet Ass Plateau as a title. 
-- the Tweedy family sing songs that they made up over the years. 
Christ For President (sung in a lower key)
-- "Don't write in Jesus." - Sammy
-- the Tweedy family discuss voting. 

On 7/23/2020 at 8:43 AM, Albert Tatlock said:

Add me to the band of outcasts. Whilst I understand that JT can only write what he feels as affected by personal circumstances in the last few years and there have been some gems, what I most liked about Wilco was the fact that every album was so distinctively different in style. The last few Wilco/solo albums have been stuck in a bit of a whispery Dirge Rock (see what I did there?) vein and I have been itching for some energy. Everyone is getting on (me too) so raw youthful power might not be the easiest thing to tap into naturally anymore, but I feel I need something to lift me up and throw me around the room in these times and am hoping that Wilco can still provide it. 

"I want to make something loud and joyous, and a sonic event that will be glorious" - JT

Ta.

On 10/24/2020 at 11:27 PM, kidsmoke said:

Haven't had time yet to watch it all, but the first half is magnificent...the setting, Jeff's voice, the songs chosen...thanks for sharing this, and I can't wait to watch the rest! :spider

Glad you enjoyed it! I have zero recollection of Jeff mentioning that this was being filmed for YouTube. It definitely sounded like a low key private event.

The Tweedy Show Thursday October 29 Episode 112 

-- a very brief candy corn debate unfolds which leads to a Halloween candy discussion. 
-- Jeff tells a peanut butter M & M's story. 
Gwendolyn (w Spencer on drums)
-- Spencer sings & plays a bit of Bow Wow Wow's I Want Candy 
-- everyone talks about how tired they are 
Jesus Wept (Mavis Staples cover)
Strawberry Letter 23 (Shuggie Otis cover sung by Sammy & on toy piano w Spencer on drums & backing vocals)
Something In The Air (Thunderclap Newman cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums & backing vocals)
-- Sammy tells a convenience store story about a racist in line that got out of line for being racist and booted out of the store. 
Peace And Love (Blind Man's Penis) (John Trubee cover sung by Sammy & Jeff) 
Laminated Cat (w Spencer on drums)
-- Sammy is happy that they played the Loose Fur version. 
-- Jeff announces that there won't be a show tomorrow night. 
-- Spencer asks the clients to check out Cosmic Country on HideoutChicago.com where he will perform along with Casey & Sammy. 
-- Jeff says that there will be a show on election eve this Monday, but no show on Election night Tuesday. 
-- Jeff doesn't want a gift hologram of his late father. 

No show tomorrow night. The Tweedy Show shall return this Monday. 

The Tweedy Show Monday November 2 Episode 113

-- Susie introduces the special guest, Peter, who is listening & communicating via Alexa.
-- Jeff talks about the 70 song Just A Fan fan compilation on BandCamp. He says that he listened to 20 of them and cried. It benefits concert venues across the country. 
-- Jeff addresses how he's dealing with Election anxiety. 
-- a debate on Daylight Saving unfolds
-- Jeff says that tonight's show needs to have an asterisk next to it because Susie is on steroids. This leads to Jeff telling the story about getting a steroid shot for his voice which was documented on the Ashes Of American Flags dvd. 
-- Jeff talks about getting a shot in his butt due to having an adverse reaction after being out in the sun, while drinking pineapple juice. 
Mi Shebeirach (Debbie Friedman cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals.)
-- Peter gives Sammy a compliment via Alexa
Save It For Me (w Sammy & Spencer on backing vocals)
-- Jeff misses Nick Kroll. He used to bump into him a bit. 
Lose Yourself (Eminem cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums)
-- Susie cries for every Eminem song.
-- Peter exclaims that he thought that Michael Jackson would come out for the last song. 
-- Jeff says that he was in an Apple commercial with the lead singer of Smash Mouth after Susie mentions that Sammy covered All Star.
Academy Fight Song (Mission Of Burma cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums)
-- Peter offers some advice for Election eve. 
-- Sammy has never seen Fiddler On The Roof.
Satan, Your Kingdom Must Come Down (traditional)
-- Susie mentions that Patti Smith sang People Have The Power on the streets of NYC. A Patti Smith chant leads to a story about Jeff opening for her. 
-- Jeff tells another Patti Smith story when she wanted him to tune her guitar, as she walked off to talk to Michael Stipe. Stipe & Jeff walked Patti to her car after the benefit concert and she asked "where's my guitar?", so Jeff had to run back in to grab it. 
-- Jeff plays a bit of Bob Dylan's The Times They Are a-Changin'. 
Ashes Of American Flags 
-- Susie says that they will return Thursday. Jeff says that if things look good tomorrow night they might hop on for a bit for a "jukebox party". 

The Tweedy Show shall return Thursday. Maybe a lil something tomorrow??