• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Friends - I have finally updated the Tweedy Show mp3 archive (over 2,000 song files). All files have been meticulously logged and tagged so they can be easily filtered, searched, and sorted - in iT

I appreciate the accolades, but seriously, all the real credit goes to @u2roolz. The two or three times I filled in for him really showed me how truly dedicated he’s been to this project. It’s fairly

The Tweedy Show Monday December 26 Episode 217 —Sammy welcomes the clients to The Tweedy Show.  —Susie is upset that she sees her reflection in the tv.  —“Hi, everyone! We forgot how to

Posted Images

The Tweedy Show Tuesday December 29 Episode 135

# animated intro on screen
-- Jeff's robe is back. 
-- Jeff mentions that Sammy got an antibodies test today and wonders how long the results will take. 
-- Jeff shows a meme on his iPhone of the Tweedy men as the Twee Gees. 
-- Peter tells the "Do you like fudge, Jeff" story again. 
-- Jeff explains over & under.
-- fudge & ice cream is discussed. 
-- Jeff explains how Polynesian men use their ball sack to help with navigation. They stand on the ledge near the ocean and open their robes to test the wind. {as of press time this story has yet to be confirmed}
America (Simon & Garfunkel cover sung by Spencer)
Don't Dream It's Over (Crowded House cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on thigh slaps)
To Love Somebody (Bee Gees cover sung w Spencer on drums & backing vocals and Sammy on backing vocals)
-- Jeff & Susie bring up the toilet paper story at the Airbnb. 
-- Spencer talks about the fundraising done by the clients. 
-- Jeff has nice words to say about the Finn family. 
--vasectomy discussion
Family Ghost 
-- Jeff works through Side With The Seeds after Paul says that he should have played it with all the vasectomy talk. 
-- funny doctor names are discussed. 
-- the Tweedy family ponder if there will be a show on Thursday which is Spencer & Casey's anniversary. 
-- Jeff plays Auld Lang Syne on guitar. 
-- Jeff shows off the Twee Gees pic for Scott McCaughey. He also shows a TweeDees pic with the same artwork. 
-- a later show or a shorter show on Thursday is discussed. 

Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover)

The Tweedy Show Thursday December 31 Episode 136

Auld Lang Syne (instrumental - Jeff on electric guitar)
-- Happy New Year from Peter & Ellen!
-- Susie can't believe that it's finally the last day of 2020 and that they're still doing The Tweedy Show. 
-- Jeff talks about the passing of MF Doom.
-- Susie makes Jeff guess a movie quote that winds up being from Stand By Me. 
-- Jeff mentions that he sent Glenn a happy birthday video.
-- Jeff thinks that his bandmates "lurk" during The Tweedy Show, according to a recent Zoom call with them. 
-- Peter tells a joke. 
I Know What It's Like
-- Happy Anniversary to Spencer & Casey.
-- Happy Birthday to Paul Westerberg. 
Sixteen Blue (The Replacements cover sung by Sammy. Dedicated to Paul Westerberg for his birthday.)
Bastards Of Young (The Replacements cover sung by Sammy.)
-- Susie says that The Replacements never played Lounge Ax.
-- Jeff can't wait to watch Andy Cohen & Anderson Cooper later tonight. 
Death Of The Last Stripper (Terry Allen & The Panhandle Mystery Band cover w Sammy on backing vocals)
-- Susie wonders what New Year's songs there are. Jeff mentions U2's New Year's Day which he says that he won't do. Sammy reminds Jeff that I Got You (At The End Of The Century) is a New Year's Eve song. 
-- Jeff strums some of Captain Beefheart's Click Clack. 
Save It For Me (w Sammy on backing vocals)

-- Susie thinks 2021 will be great with live shows. Jeff thinks 2021 "will have a lot of good and a lot of bad". He hopes that it won't be a complete waste of a year.

Thanks @u2roolz for all the episode summaries all year. Super appreciated.

And nothing but appreciation for the Tweedys this year. I spent New Years Eve of 2004 watching Jeff (at the Madison Square Garden show) so it was good to do it again.

And I loved that they played those Replacement songs tonight. There's that old bootleg (from a show in San Francisco in '97) where Jeff says "Everything we do is based on the Replacements", and it was nice to hear him give a similar tribute tonight.

How I would love Jeff to produce a Paul Westerberg album, so my two favorite songwriters could work together. Of course, Paul seems to have taken a break from even making music at home (I think it's been three years since his last songs released under his User 964848511 alias), but I hope that changes in the coming year...

Happy new year everyone!

Thanks to the Tweedy's for this bright highlight in 2020. The Tweedy Show's been a warm reminder that things can be normal, sweet and fun amidst the chaos. Here's to 2021, live music and a few more TS's before we settle into the future, without the looming menace of COVID around every corner. 

Btw, my wife and I were just chatting about how we watch the re-runs on YT, but can mirror the Insta re-runs to get them sooner if we want. I prefer YT because the comments come with it, which is a huge part of the show. Susie Tweedy is the hostess with the mostess; an MC who brings out a lot of laughter on our part.

Thanks again, Tweedy's! Happy New Year everybody!

The Tweedy Show Monday January 4 Episode 137

# animated intro on screen has connection issues. 
-- Susie mentions that Nikki Glaser used to be a client, after Jeff quotes her standup bit saying that her "vagina is like a packed suitcase".
-- Jeff & Susie mention that Spencer is getting settled into his recording studio today. 
Sitting In My Hotel (The Kinks cover sung by Spencer)
-- Happy Birthday to Nels & Alex Cline!
-- Jeff talks about how Nels & Alex are Mirror twins.
-- Happy Birthday to Michael Stipe & the late David Berman!
-- Jeff has a theory that dogs face north when they poop. 
-- Jeff does a lengthy Michael Stipe impression. 
-- Jeff does a Jonathan Richman impression again. 
-- Jeff does a very brief Nick Offerman impression. 
-- Jeff can't do a Glenn Kotche impression, but he can do one on the drums. 
-- Jeff claims that Pat Sansone can do impressions of everyone in Wilco. 
-- Jeff does a Charles Nelson Reilly impression. Jeff also talks about how he went on Reilly's yacht and then Reilly visited the studio during the recording of Summerteeth. 
-- Jeff does a Spencer Tweedy impression. 
-- Jeff asks Republicans if they think Trump wants other Republicans to win. 
The Rip (Portishead cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums & backing vocals)
-- Jeff does his Foster Brooks impression. 
-- Jeff wants Sammy to learn Wire's Outdoor Miner which Jeff strums through.
-- Susie says that the Jimmy Carter doc is great. 
-- Jeff will do David Berman's Snow Is Falling In Manhattan tomorrow night. 
-- Jeff explains why we haven't seen the guitar with the birds on it. He says that it's too dry in the house, therefore certain guitars are stored away. 
-- Jeff talks about the Barry Gibb record coming out that has lots of guest collaborators on it. 
-- Jeff shows us a pic of him with Sandra Oh.
-- Jeff shows us a pic of Sammy then Spencer when they were younger. He also shows a pic of him with Sammy taken on the day of Spencer's Bar Mitzvah. 
-- Spencer recommends that Jeff show a pic from his phone to the clients each night. 
"Sorry" aka “Infinite Surprise” (new song last performed on September 25th. New "infinite surprise" lyrics repeated at the end which might hint at the song title.)
-- Jeff's new Tweedy Show segment idea is to have him & Basil blindfolded, while they are spun around to see which direction they face as they poop: Longiturdinal. 
-- Jeff says that he was right about the Polynesian testicle navigation and the relationship between drinking alcohol & hearing loss. 

The Tweedy Show Tuesday January 5 Episode 138

-- Jeff says that he is getting a haircut tomorrow. Jeff says that he has the hair of someone on an Off Broadway production of The Crucible. Jeff also describes his hair as Puritan and Miles Standish. 
-- Jeff tells a story about Googling himself, after he found a pic of Ted Cruz with a beard that had the caption "when did Ted Cruz turn into Jeff Tweedy." 
-- Susie mentions that Marc Maron talked about Jeff today. 
-- Spencer talks about how Ted Cruz is growing a beard to take on a new persona to appear tougher. He's also prone to wear Isotoner gloves nowadays. 
-- Jeff talks about when he had braids, after Spencer shows a pic of himself with braids. 
-- Jeff sends a video text of him playing some chords, so that he can learn from them later.
Snow Is Falling In Manhattan (David Berman aka Purple Mountains cover sung by Sammy & Spencer on backing vocals)
-- Sammy says Happy Belated Birthday to the late David Berman. 
-- Jeff checks his text from Pat Sansone to see if he played it right. 
-- Jeff really flubs up a lyric in Hesitating Beauty that really cracks up Susie & Jeff. 
Hesitating Beauty (w Spencer on thigh slaps & backing vocals)
-- Jeff talks about who Nora is in relation to Woody Guthrie. 
-- Susie talks about the Yeti Wilco cooler that is being auctioned to help road crews.

https://www.32auctions.com/organizations/64788/auctions/92131/auction_items/2655330
-- Spencer shows off Jeff as a Yeti that Mark drew for the cooler. 
-- Susie has another laughing fit which says that The Joker had. (Lol)
"High On A Cloud" (new untitled song w Spencer & Sammy on backing vocals)
I Am A Pilgrim (Traditional Christian hymn done in the style of The Byrds cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals)
-- the Tweedy family hear a thud in the house. Spencer & Sammy go to check. It wasn't the ham which is out of the house. 
-- field trip to the basement where we see Jeff's puzzle that he's working on. Something did fall in the basement. 
-- Jeff spills the beans that he most likely caused the fall in the basement, due to putting stuff away. 
-- Jeff analyzes Susie's screams & sneezes, after Susie calls out Jeff for calling her from a different room in the house to check on her, when she screamed in the house. 
-- Jeff tells the story again when shots were fired at the house and he ran into a thrift store snow man in the hallway that asked him "what'cha doing!?"

On 1/5/2021 at 4:04 AM, u2roolz said:

-- Jeff's new Tweedy Show segment idea is to have him & Basil blindfolded, while they are spun around to see which direction they face as they poop. 

Finally, a pay-per-view idea that I could really get behind.

The Tweedy Show Thursday January 7 Episode 139 

-- Basil is decked out in his fancy sweater in Jeff's arms. 
-- Jeff got a haircut. Jeff feels like his hair is like the Michael Myers mask which is based on William Shatner. 
-- Jeff deadpans that he's shocked that Trump's presidency would end in such a calamity. 
-- Jeff believes that the Republicans responsible for yesterday's Insurrection should never hold office again. 
-- Basil's underbite is discussed. 
-- Casey says that she never wears a mask at the Tweedy's house because she only sees them. 
-- Jeff bites his lower lip as he strums Captain & Tennille's Do That To Me One More Time. 
I'm Glad (Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums & backing vocals)
Frank Mills (from the musical Hair sung by Sammy)
-- Peter remembers seeing Hair in the round.
Percy's Song (Bob Dylan cover w Spencer & Sammy on backing vocals)
Sharp Cutting Wings (Song To A Poet) (Lucinda Williams cover sung by Casey & performed on guitar by Spencer along w backing vocals)
Do That To Me One More Time (Captain & Tennille cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums)
Wasn't Born To Follow (Carole King cover w Spencer & Sammy on backing vocals)

I liked how Jeff jumped in and did some unprompted guitar work on the Lucina Williams song with Casey and Spencer. That sort of spontaneity is what makes these streams so special, IMO.

The Tweedy Show Friday January 8 Episode 140

-- Jeff & Spencer explain Parler to Susie. 
-- Happy Birthday to the late Elvis Presley & the late David Bowie. 
-- Jeff doesn't have any Bowie songs prepared tonight. 
-- Jeff mumbles through Elvis Presley's Jailhouse Rock. 
-- Spencer wants to play Paul McCartney & Wing's Let Me Roll It which Jeff strums a bit of.
-- Jeff strums a bit of Shrug & Destroy, but says that he doesn't remember the chords to play it. 
Whole Love (w Spencer on thigh slaps)
-- Susie mentions that tonight was Alex Trebek's final episode of Jeopardy. 
The Family Gardener (The Minus 5 cover)
-- Jeff talks about the limited Jeff Tweedy Signature SG guitar. 
-- Jeff talks a lot about his guitars and preferences, including his Martin, Breedlove, Barney Kessel Gibson, & Waterloo guitars. 
-- Jeff talks about his former guitar tech Matrix who is now retired in Australia. He says that he rarely gets upset with his guitar tech(s).
Dead Flowers (Rolling Stones cover sung by Spencer for Casey's birthday on Monday. Sammy on backing vocals)
Winter Rose (Billy Nicholls cover sung by Sammy & Spencer w Spencer also on drums)
-- Jeff mentions how he hasn't seen Paul in a long time and asks him if he still loves him. Paul says "yes."
-- Jeff sings the first few lines of Carole King's Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? for Paul.
-- Jeff talks about taking a week off next week. Jeff mentions that there might be an impromptu episode from the jacuzzi that mid-tempo rock bought. 
-- Jeff wants to do another Sky Blue Sky festival along with a Solid Sound Festival, once things return to normal. 
-- Shingles shot discussion. 
-- Jeff talks about cancelling a Wilco show when Nels had adult chicken pox. 
Mi Shebeirach (Debbie Friedman cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals. Dedicated to everyone except for the people associated with the Insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.)

The Tweedy Show will be taking next week off. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Tweedy Show Monday January 18 Episode 141

# animated intro on screen. 
-- Susie brings up the Gaelynn stream that Jeff was on on Sunday. It's available for replay on YouTube. 
-- Susie mentions the Wilco reference on last night's Shameless episode. Spencer tells Jeff that there's another Wilco reference in Letterkenny. 
I'm Kind Of In Love With You (New love song for Susie. Jeff confirms the title moments later in the show)
-- Jeff discusses what he believes people mean when they say they "kinda love" something or someone. 
-- Jeff says Happy Birthday to Joanna Newsom. It's also Jim O'Rouke's birthday. 
-- Jeff doesn't want to bring up the recently deceased Phil Spector, but he briefly talks about Ronnie Spector. 
This Side Of The Blue (Joanna Newsom cover sung by Sammy. Dedicated to Eugenia)
-- Jeff strums Free's All Right Now, while Spencer sings a bit of it. Jeff does a Paul Rodgers impression and fakes the clients out that he ruined his vocal chords. 
-- Jeff jokingly scolds Fergie for trying to outshine Heart's Ann Wilson when they were covering a Heart song. 
-- discussion about Maya Rudolph & the Netflix show Big Mouth.
-- Spencer shows a younger pic of himself as a baby when he was much heavier. 
-- Spencer shows a pic of young Sammy drinking from the cat bowl. 
-- chum is discussed.
-- Jeff strums a bit of The Beatles' In My Life. 
-- Jeff sings the first verse of You Are My Face, before he abandons it after he made a mistake. 
You Are My Face
-- Susie mentions that Sky Blue Sky Festival was exactly a year ago. Jeff is surprised that it was in January. 
Slurf Song (Michael Hurley & The Holy Modal Rounders cover sung by Sammy w Jeff on backing vocals)
-- Susie talks about Paul getting to Sky Blue Sky Festival and going down the water slides with Glenn Kotche which makes most of the clients jealous. 
King Of The Hill (Roger McGuinn and Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers cover sung by Spencer w Sammy & Jeff on backing vocals)
-- tattoos and third nipples are discussed. 
-- Jeff shows George Saunders new book A Swim In A Pond & A Rain. 
-- Jeff & Spencer speak a bit about Martin Luther King Jr. 

Professor from Stockholm also have the favourite tail of the watersports with Mr Glenn!

Welfare!

P.S. PM for pics

The Tweedy Show Tuesday January 19 Episode 142

# animated intro on screen.
"It Takes A Lifetime To Find" (untitled new song w Spencer on backing vocals)
-- Jeff mentions that he wrote the new song after reading the Tolstoy section in the new George Saunders book. 
-- Jeff talks about appearing on Rhett Miller's podcast recently. 
-- Susie says that today is the last day that the U.S. will no longer not have a female Vice President. 
-- Jeff talks about "pumping weights". 
-- Jeff elaborates on how different he feels the world is with Trump being permanently banned from certain social media platforms. 
-- Jeff says "Be vigilant in our kindness". 
On And On And On (w Spencer also on guitar)
-- Jeff dedicates the song to the 400k that lost their lives due to Coronavirus. 
Please Tell My Brother (Golden Smog cover)
-- Jeff realizes that he didn't fix his hair before the show and he's worried that his hair looks like Chris Gaines' hair (which is Garth Brooks goth rock persona)
Pretty Saro (Traditional cover Bob Dylan version sung by Sammy)
-- Happy Birthday Dolly Parton!
This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody) (Talking Heads cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums & backing vocals)
-- Jeff & Spencer talk about the special Tweedy band show streaming on Saturday evening. Jeff says that they need to practice, so there will be no shows Thursday & Friday. Jeff says that he wanted to do a show to celebrate the vinyl release. The stream will be on Bandsintown. 
https://www.bandsintown.com/e/102444148-jeff-tweedy-(wilco)-at-live-stream?came_from=251&utm_medium=web&utm_source=artist_page&utm_campaign=event
Rockin' Chair (The Band cover sung by Spencer)
-- Jeff comforts Spencer on his mistakes during Rockin' Chair by telling him that he's pooped his pants on stage which is much worse. 
-- Susie says that today is the 10 month anniversary of The Tweedy Show.
-- Susie exclaims that the next time they'll see us we'll have a new President & female Vice President. 

The Tweedy Show shall return on Monday January 25th.

The Tweedy Show Monday January 25 Episode 143

-- Susie is surprised that the old comments format is back. 
-- Susie tells Jeff that the clients loved Saturday's show & Jeff's hair at the show.
Wishful Thinking (w Spencer on thigh slaps)
On And On And On (dedicated to a client who had a miscarriage this past weekend)
-- Susie & Jeff talk about their own miscarriages to console the client that had the miscarriage. 
"It Always Ends Up On Your Shoulders Again" (Untitled new song w Spencer on thigh slaps & backing vocals)
-- Jeff tells Susie that he's working on a new song called Brother Susan because she was a teamster. 
-- Jeff plays a bit of another new song that he's working on,  but stops it short. Lyrics are "when I first saw you, you said I was cool enough to be ice cream. You melted me..."
Love Is The King (w Spencer on drums)
-- Jeff says that Love Is The King is #2 on the vinyl charts. 
You Don't Love Me Yet (Roky Erickson cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals)
-- Susie wants to get Danny on the phone to talk about "The Olivia Wilde Incident" that happened at a Los Angeles show 9 years ago. Danny refused to call in. 
Night Time (Big Star cover sung by Sammy)
Who Loves The Sun (The Velvet Underground cover sung by Spencer w Sammy & Jeff on backing vocals)
-- Susie confesses that she walked into the Smurf tray causing a loud bang during the song. 
-- Jeff talks about "Now That's What I Call Dad Rock".
-- Jeff announces that there will not be a show tomorrow night due to a book event. 
https://events.kcrw.com/events/virtual-ideas-exchange-with-jeff-tweedy/
-- Jeff mentions that he messed up one song on Saturday evening that he will play next.
Even I Can See 
-- Charlesie calls in to Spencer in an effort to get the Olivia Wilde scoop from Danny. Danny says that at the Wilco show in LA 9 years ago he was sitting next to his daughter and he went to go rub her shoulder, but he accidentally rubbed Olivia Wilde's shoulder. 
-- Jeff talks about working in a record store when James Spader came in to buy records. Spader was in town to film White Palaces. 

-- Jeff & Susie both remind the clients about no show tomorrow. 

The Tweedy Show shall return on Thursday. 

The Tweedy Show Thursday January 28 Episode 144

-- Susie says that Jeff doesn't want to do anything for the whole hour except to hold Basil.
-- Susie is concerned that the stream is pausing and Jeff tells her to relax & calm down. 
-- Jeff proclaims that he's never asked Susie if she's having her period. 
You And I (dedicated to Sue B. Honey & Brian Olgee)
-- Jeff jokes that You And I is about him & Steve Albini. 
-- Susie asks Jeff if they're starting a Tuesday & Thursday schedule for the show. Jeff replied that he has some work things, but didn't comment on a schedule change.
-- Susie sings a bit of Doris Day's Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be).
Only Time (Enya cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals)
-- Jeff briefly explains how he got the cool echo effect on the Enya cover. He says that it's a Barclay guitar, but points his feet to a device on the ground that looks like a pedal board. 
New Moon (w Spencer on drums)
-- Susie asks if Jeff's played New Moon on the show before. Jeff believes that he's done it on the show before, but without drums. 
-- Susie tries to figure out what the over/under is that gets mentioned in the comments. It is revealed that clients place "bets" on how many songs Jeff will perform each show. 
-- Jeff asks if anybody made a killing on Game Stop stocks which leads to 3 PSAs from Spencer. 
-- Spencer's 3 PSAs: 1) never invest money that you can't afford to lose buying one stock. 2) You need diversification. 3) don't buy high. 
-- Sammy reminisces about Jeff walking into Game Stop and the door fell over to the ground which the clerk blamed on Jeff who didn't touch it at all. 
-- Spencer brings up Another Now which is an economic book from Greece's Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis.
-- Susie introduces her other brother Bruce who has the IG name "vidiot". 
-- Jeff & Spencer try to work out some song. {could not recognize it}
-- Sammy reads off requests from Heather which include Andy Pratt's Wet Daddy & Foreigner's Fool For You Anyway.
-- Jeff asks if anyone watched Young Frankenstein last night. (This is in reference to Cloris Leachman passing away on Wednesday. She was in the film.)
-- Jeff mentions that the Wilco crew has watched The Big Lebowski multiple times on every tour. 
-- tv show discussion featuring Three's Company, The Waltons, M*A*S*H, Better Things, Schitt's Creek, 90 Day Fiancee, Pen15, Strangers With Candy and Arrested Development. 
-- Spencer shows his dirty hands which were made dirty from flooring glue. 
Oh Yoko! (John Lennon cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums & backing vocals)
New Madrid 
-- Susie reveals that someone submitted "do you like fudge, Jeff?" as a question for Jeff for the L.A. Times book event on Tuesday.
-- Jeff isn't sure if there is a show tomorrow. Jeff asks Susie if she lets the clients know every day if there's a show. 
-- Susie asks Jeff if he has any final words and he admits that he could probably vomit on camera after burping. 

Jeff isn't sure if there will be a show tomorrow night. Check Susie's IG page or FB posts tomorrow.

Any time we get New Madrid, it's special.

2 minutes ago, u2roolz said:

My iPhone for my notes didn't charge at all. I hope that it's something with an outlet and not the phone. I wrote down the songs on some paper and I'll try to add notes later this evening. 

Check the connection area inside the iPhone for lint and dust!

54 minutes ago, TCP said:

Any time we get New Madrid, it's special.

Check the connection area inside the iPhone for lint and dust!

Good idea, but it looks like it was the charger cable. It did come back to life on a different charger after some time. I had it behind my couch for a long time, so it's next to my bed and I figured something would happen eventually. Too many times I would check my phone when it was connected and it would tug, so it seems like that helped cause some corrosion. 

It's an older iPhone and luckily I still have some of the older chargers here. I think the older chargers work faster than the newer "coaster" chargers for the newer iPhones.

It is decent sign to see Mr Jeff Tweedy spreading talents from the singing to the writing and giving pleasure in many fields. We wait for crime novel in Wallander style!

Welfare!

P.S. I am also know for giving pleasure in many fields. Also sometime behind village library. Ha ha!

P.P.S. Also once at village bus stop but Olaf say it does not full count at there was the coachus interruptus as he call it. We finish at sauna later.

2 hours ago, DGJS78 said:

The song Jeff and Spencer tried and abandoned on 1/28 was "I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight" by Richard & Linda Thompson.  I hope they work it out and play it on a later show because it's a great song!

All Richard Thompson songs are "great songs." :D