• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Friends - I have finally updated the Tweedy Show mp3 archive (over 2,000 song files). All files have been meticulously logged and tagged so they can be easily filtered, searched, and sorted - in iT

I appreciate the accolades, but seriously, all the real credit goes to @u2roolz. The two or three times I filled in for him really showed me how truly dedicated he’s been to this project. It’s fairly

The Tweedy Show Monday December 26 Episode 217 —Sammy welcomes the clients to The Tweedy Show.  —Susie is upset that she sees her reflection in the tv.  —“Hi, everyone! We forgot how to

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Bart said:

Have they stopped posting these shows to youtube?  Or are they in a different place?  The last entry on Susie's youtube page was from October.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered 10 pages ago!

Susie addressed this on an episode last week. I’m paraphrasing, but I believe the gist of it was that they were encountering audio issues when they were uploading the episodes to YouTube. I seem to think that YouTube was blocking the audio, but maybe there was another issue.

She also mentioned that she was going to try to upload them again. I noticed that there was an upload recently on the account and yes, it’s from October. YouTube be crazy!

On 2/22/2021 at 10:03 PM, u2roolz said:

-- Jeff teaches the clients how to play Chinese Apple. He sings a few lines from it.

It's really funny to me that Sima asked Jeff to show how to play Chinese Apple when she showed me how to play the riff back in high school.

16 minutes ago, chisoxjtrain said:

It's really funny to me that Sima asked Jeff to show how to play Chinese Apple when she showed me how to play the riff back in high school.

Oh that's a great backstory! So she wanted to remember how, or maybe check that her way was right.

How'd you know her in HS?

3 minutes ago, kidsmoke said:

Oh that's a great backstory! So she wanted to remember how, or maybe check that her way was right.

How'd you know her in HS?

She was a grade lower than me and Wilco wasn't especially popular with high school students in the early to mid 2000s (shocker, I know). I think it was one of those things where someone said something along the lines of, "You know that one band you like? There's someone else here who actually likes them too."

11 hours ago, chisoxjtrain said:

it was one of those things where someone said something along the lines of, "You know that one band you like? There's someone else here who actually likes them too."

This has literally never happened to me regarding Wilco.

The Tweedy Show Thursday February 25 Episode 153

# New animated intro on screen
-- Susie tries to fix Jeff's middle part.
-- "Happy Purim!"
-- Susie runs off to grab the Precious Moments Bible that she bought from the thrift store, while Jeff holds the iPhone to film himself. 
-- Jeff talks about being on the Peloton bike earlier listening to Fiddler On The Roof, when Susie came over to show him the Precious Moments Bible. 
-- Peter sings a bit of Fiddler On The Roof's If I Were A Rich Man. 
No More Poetry (dedicated to Jessie Hamm's daughter Laurel on her 16th birthday)
-- Susie & Jeff talk a bit about the pilot that called in the UFO sighting a few days ago. 
-- Jeff has been eating vegan Lady Gaga Oreos. 
-- Jeff mentions that Bradley Cooper came to see one of the living room shows, but didn’t stay very long. It happened about a year before A Star Is Born came out. Jeff jokes that Bradley Cooper based his character in the film off of him. 
-- Jeff jokes that if this was a 70s sitcom there would be a large laugh track when Sammy walks into the room. 
Save It For Me (w Sammy on backing vocals. Dedicated to Dina & her twin sister.)
-- Jeff goes to take a phone call. (The video paused a bit, so I'm not sure if it was an emergency, but the show ended around 10:27pm EST. Susie did say that they would come back.)
Part 2
(10:34pm EST is when the show comes back.)
-- Jeff explains the situation that caused the episode to end abruptly. 
Panthers (Original version)
Laminated Cat (w Sammy on the keyboard app on his iPad)
-- Jeff teaches the clients how to play Laminated Cat and dedicates it to Lady Gaga Oreos. 
-- "Happy Birthday, George Harrison!"
Love Vigilantes (New Order cover sung by Sammy w Jeff on backing vocals)
-- Susie, Jeff & Sammy try to figure out what's causing the throttle. 
-- Jeff talks about a Wilco show in Los Angeles where an old rich looking white guy that was in the front row in front of Nels' amp moved Jeff's amp claiming that he couldn't hear Jeff singing. Jeff couldn't believe how entitled that guy was to touch his amp. 
Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover)

If you're heading over to Instagram to watch the episode tonight, make sure that you watch part one first.

3 hours ago, u2roolz said:

-- Susie tries to fix Jeff's middle part.

Jeff holds the iPhone to film himself.

Is this the slang meaning of the words from the prison men and lady men, as we say in Sweden?

I tell Professor from Stockholm to watch this one on YouTube delay as special treat!

Welfare!

The Tweedy Show Monday March 1 Episode 154

# animated intro on screen
-- Susie mentions that she was watching an old episode of The Tweedy Show and was surprised how loud the coffee table is in the living room. 
-- Jeff's sister is doing fine and she's out of the hospital. 
"The Universe For What It's Worth Is The Only Place To Be" (untitled new song)
-- the possums are just as cute as raccoons discussion.
-- vagina nicknames are discussed. 
-- Spencer makes an observation about people wearing Canada Goose winter jackets during one particular winter a few years ago.
-- Spencer & Jeff discuss some of the lyrics of Jeff's new song. 
So It Goes (Nick Lowe cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums & backing vocals. Jeff on electric guitar.)
-- Susie says that Jeff shouldn't have put the amp facing Sammy because it makes it tough to hear him, so they fix the placement of the amp and redo the song.
So It Goes (Nick Lowe cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums & backing vocals. Jeff on electric guitar.)
-- Jeff says that his electric guitar tonight is an Abernathy Steed.
I Found Out (John Lennon cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums. Jeff on electric guitar.)
Opaline (w Sammy on backing vocals & Spencer on backing vocals & thigh slaps)
-- Sammy sings some of Opaline as Squidward.
-- Susie explains that the they haven't watched the Billie Eilish doc because she wanted to wait for Spencer to come back home.
-- Jeff explains why he gets angry watching American Idol. 
-- Sammy does a funny impression of a potential contestant singing Jesus, Etc. 
-- Jeff does a Luke Bryant impression judging Spencer's Scotty McCreery impression. 
-- Jeff pretends that he's a contestant on American Idol by singing a slow version of I Am Trying To Break Your Heart which Susie judges.
-- Jeff sings bits of I Must Be High & Box Full Of Letters as a contestant on American Idol. 

-- Susie says that there might be a surprise on Thursday's episode. Jeff jokes that the suprise is going to be that it's going to be a better episode. 

The Tweedy Show Thursday March 4 Episode 155

# animated intro on screen
-- Susie has Spencer show the clients a picture of Susie's arm surgery today with stitches, animated muppet eyes & an animated cigarette. 
Heart’s Hard To Find (new song w Spencer on thigh slaps. Jeff explains later in the episode that the song "came out of his A.M./Being There brain".)
-- the Tweedy family loved the Billie Eilish documentary streaming exclusively on Apple TV+. Jeff has nice things to say about. 
-- Jeff tells the story about bringing Spencer & Sammy to the Justin Bieber movie on Christmas several years ago. 
Ghosts Of American Astronauts (The Mekons cover sung by Sammy w Jeff on backing vocals)
-- Sue mentions that the clients really want The Mekons to play Solid Sound. 
-- Sammy sings a bit of Eric Church's Mr. Misunderstood which name drops Jeff Tweedy. 
— Jeff, Susie, Spencer & Casey discuss Rickie Lee Jones & Tom Waits. 
This World Has Seven Wonders (Kacy & Clayton cover sung by Spencer)
-- Spencer says that Jeff produced the Kacy & Clayton record, The Siren's Song, from which that song came from.
-- Jeff says that they're working hard on Solid Sound.
Black Eye
-- Susie tells Paul that he isn't fired from giving song titles in the chat. She says that we "can rely on you honey". Jeff jokingly asks Susie if that's from one of his songs.
-- March is Jeff & Susie's 30th anniversary of being together. 
I'm Kind Of In Love With You
-- Susie asks Jeff is he's ever covered Nirvana. He says that they did All Apologies with Sammy singing way back on a previous episode. 
"Bungalow" (untitled Case Oats original sung by Casey w Spencer on guitar. Casey says that the song might be called Bungalow.)
-- Susie announces that there is now an official Tweedy Show Facebook page. [Here’s the link, but it’s for the mobile version of Facebook]
https://m.facebook.com/The-Tweedy-Show-102552685232663/?ref=page_internal
Yellow Submarine (The Beatles cover sung by Sammy & on Bop It. w Spencer on drums & backing vocals. Casey & Jeff on backing vocals)
-- Susie says that there may or may not be a surprise on Monday's show. 

11 hours ago, u2roolz said:

-- Susie says that there may or may not be a surprise on Monday's show. 

I've never been a member of the grammar police, but this "may or may not" idiom is worthless.  Literally everything and anything (that does not defy the laws of physics) "may or may not" happen on the show Monday.  Jeff may or may not announce that he's leaving Wilco and joining the Bottle Rockets.  Spencer may or may not announce that he's going to be the new drummer for the Waco Brothers, President Obama may or may not be a special guest on Monday.  It's the same as saying "anything's possible."  Grrr.  Ok, now I may or may not feel better.  :D

1 hour ago, Chez said:

I've never been a member of the grammar police, but this "may or may not" idiom is worthless.  Literally everything and anything (that does not defy the laws of physics) "may or may not" happen on the show Monday.  Jeff may or may not announce that he's leaving Wilco and joining the Bottle Rockets.  Spencer may or may not announce that he's going to be the new drummer for the Waco Brothers, President Obama may or may not be a special guest on Monday.  It's the same as saying "anything's possible."  Grrr.  Ok, now I may or may not feel better.  :D

So what we just learned is that Chez may or may not be a member of the grammar police. 

:devil

30 minutes ago, TCP said:

So what we just learned is that Chez may or may not be a member of the grammar police. 

:devil

Ha!  Good one, hoser. :)

The Tweedy Show Monday March 8 Episode 156

# animated intro on screen.
-- Susie is saying "hi" to everyone and the doorbell rings, so Spencer goes to answer the door to see who it is. 
-- Spencer says that you're not going to believe who it is. John Stirratt & Glenn Kotche walk into the living room and all of the clients are going bananas in the comments. John & Glenn wheel in Glenn's gong which Jeff can't believe. John says that he learned that Uber drivers don't like gongs. 
-- Jeff explains why John & Glenn are in town. He says that they're just getting started on a record. 

-- Glenn wants to play a new song, but Jeff says that they can play the first song that he & John played in Wilco. 
I Must Be High (w John Stirratt on bass & backing vocals and Glenn Kotche on drums)
-- Jeff & Susie comment on how long Glenn's hair has grown over quarantine. Jeff says that Glenn's hair is like Dave Grohl's which Glenn has a funny reaction to. 
Tried So Hard (Gene Clark cover sung & performed on bass by John w Glenn on drums & Jeff on backing vocals)
Country Disappeared (for Chris Saladino's birthday. John on bass & backing vocals. Glenn on drums)
-- John jokes that they should do the song again. 
-- Susie asks them how long it's been since Wilco has performed a show. Jeff says it's a little bit less than a year ago. 
Everyone Hides (John on bass & backing vocals. Glenn on drums)
-- Sammy points out that there are 1,500 clients watching right now. 
Jesus, Etc. (John on bass & backing vocals. Glenn on drums. Jeff on electric guitar)
-- Jeff & Susie tell John & Glenn some of the more exciting Tweedy Show moments including the stinkbug incident and when the family heard something crash in the basement.
-- Jeff, Susie, John & Glenn discuss discontinued candy bars. 
You And I (John on bass. Glenn on drums)
-- John jokes that he didn't do Feist's part because he didn't want to upset her fans.
Candyfloss (John on bass & backing vocals. Glenn on drums. Spencer on opera ending)
-- John & Glenn get a kick out of Spencer singing the opera ending of Candyfloss.
-- John asks if the family riffs or uses talking points. 
-- "don't talk about the gong in the room". 
-- John thinks that Peter sounds like a young man. 
I Got You (At The End Of The Century) (John on bass & backing vocals. Glenn on drums)
-- Jeff explains why he stood up during the song. He was "moved by the rock to stand erect."
-- Jeff talks about recording the new Wilco record. Jeff explains that in January of last year they started making a Wilco record. Jeff says that they got about 1/3 of the way through getting some songs tracked. Jeff explains that they set those songs aside and have started anew, but those 'older new' songs will probably end up on the record. Jeff mentions that they're starting with the rhythm section to get tracks together for everybody else to play on once everything gets completely safe. It was easier to manage a smaller group  to test out the new songs this way. 
-- Susie shows Lemmy to John & Glenn.
Be Not So Fearful (Bill Fay cover. John on bass. Glenn on drums)
-- Jeff jokes that that's all that they can play and wants to leave us wanting more. Susie thinks that his speech was horrible. Sammy requests a new song. 
Hints (new song that Jeff says is titled Hints for now. Features the lyrics "There is no middle when the other side would rather kill than compromise." John on bass & backing vocals. Glenn on drums)
Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover. John on bass & backing vocals. Glenn in drums)

Well, that was an amazing surprise! I thought that Peter was going to be the surprise guest. I didn't even think that we'd have half of Wilco. This should be a shock for those who come here to read the recap before they check out the episode. 

On a serious note, I just want to express what a treat it was to hear these three guys playing as a trio. We all know that Jeff and John go back nearly 30 years now so it's easy to think of Glenn as being relatively new but this year will mark his 20th in the band, and you could tell last night how much these three guys have grown together over the years... there's a lot of respect and friendship there, which as a fan, I love to see!

While I think Wilco's strength is in how great all six of them are together and I hope we don't ever see a line up change again, I did really enjoy hearing the songs stripped back to a three piece. We get to appreciate Jeff's guitar work when he plays solo but it was really cool to hear Glenn's drumming and John's bass and backing singing in this stripped down environment. I hope this is something they do a bit more of in the future, maybe if they do a scaled down SSF this fall, it could make a cool Sunday afternoon performance... maybe. 

Most enjoyable Tweedy Show (for me) in quite some time.  Not surprisingly, Jeff seemed energized playing with John and Glenn.  Loved it. 

6 minutes ago, lost highway said:

Also, if anyone has any other videos to share of this performance last night, I really missed out.

Yo can watch the whole show here:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMLyJuRFdZi/

I really enjoyed the performance, besides the obvious elation of (half) the band being reunited. They trio of them should go on tour. Tri-co?