The Tweedy Show Thursday May 6 Episode 174

# animated intro on screen.
-- Susie announces that Spencer will be playing with OHMME and Liam's band this weekend at the True/False Film Fest in Columbia, MO. 
-- Jeff mentions that he had a spill in the hot tub. He hit his head and his shoulder. 
-- Jeff gives a plug for Mark's guitar straps IG page. @loft_relics_guitar_straps
Everybody's Talkin' (Fred Neil cover sung by Spencer.)
-- Susie tells Jeff that tomorrow is Diane's birthday which leads him to make a brief birthday song in a Jonathan Richman voice. 
:: video stream paused which leads to stream ending about 20 minutes in::
:: they're back!::
-- Susie doesn't know what happened with the stream. Jeff asks if the clients would follow them on a different platform. 
-- Jeff & Susie ponder about switching over to Facebook Live. 
-- Jeff jokes about doing a Mother's Day show for Susie this Sunday. 
-- Susie thinks that whenever Jeff says "Diane" the stream glitches. 
Don't Dream It's Over (Crowded House cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on thigh slaps.)
-- the Tweedy family & the clients try to figure out what's causing the freezing issues. 
-- Susie mentions that she is still uploading older episodes to YouTube, but she doesn't think that many people are watching it based off of the views. 
-- Jeff plays a bit of Dillard & Clark's Polly.
Sixteen Blue (The Replacements cover sung by Sammy. Dedicated to Diane for her birthday tomorrow.)
-- Jeff & Sammy try to figure out The Cars' Just What I Needed.
-- Susie ponders again about doing an episode at Paul's house. 
-- Spencer realizes that the stream is 4 minutes behind, so he writes out a comment to say "bye". 

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Friends - I have finally updated the Tweedy Show mp3 archive (over 2,000 song files). All files have been meticulously logged and tagged so they can be easily filtered, searched, and sorted - in iT

I appreciate the accolades, but seriously, all the real credit goes to @u2roolz. The two or three times I filled in for him really showed me how truly dedicated he’s been to this project. It’s fairly

The Tweedy Show Monday December 26 Episode 217 —Sammy welcomes the clients to The Tweedy Show.  —Susie is upset that she sees her reflection in the tv.  —“Hi, everyone! We forgot how to

Posted Images

On 5/7/2021 at 4:10 AM, u2roolz said:

-Jeff mentions that he had a spill in the hot tub. 

Ha ha! We also have this euphonium in Swedish language! Of course it is most often used in scenario of sauna situation, but can apply for whenever such like event occurs e.g. I had a spill at the meeting of PTA, I had a spill in car park with attendant - if you want to hear of two examples in recent past this week of my experience.

Welfare!

On 5/9/2021 at 9:55 AM, kidsmoke said:

The Swedish experience is so foreign to me, Lotti, but you make it all sound so fun!

I only list 2 two examples in recent past this week of my experience so as to have a brevity type of correspondence with you. If you need full list for your entertainment or emulation I can provide in PM!

Welfare!

P.S. There is one that you could not perform with the emulation according to laws in your country, so I can omit. Or, I can leave in list so that when travelling after Covid situation you can emulate in full set of list ticks. It is your decision!

The Tweedy Show Monday May 10 Episode 175

-- Susie asks Jeff if the Peter Noone video was for Mother's Day or her birthday.
-- Jeff plays some of The Strangeloves’ I Want Candy because he hasn't had sugar for a while.
Happiness (Jeff's song for Mother's Day.)
-- Susie claims that Jeff's impression of Susie's mother sounds like Harvey Fierstein to her. 
She's A Jar (w Jeff on harmonica. (Dedicated to Sally & David Silverman who are getting married tomorrow.)
-- Susie mentions that the stream started freezing again during the song, but Jeff says that he kept going on with the song because he thinks that the song isn't broken up on the uploaded video. 
Pecan Pie (w Spencer on backing vocals. "Just a piece of fucking pie" for Charlesie)
-- Susie says that David Silverman was Spencer's Hebrew teacher. 
-- Jeff wants to focus on "social meeds" by having a thumbnail of his face for the IG videos. He theorizes that the most watched video is one with the thumbnail of just his face. 
-- Spencer shows the clients mugs made by Melissa (or Melanie).
-- Spencer & Sammy show more mugs made by Melissa (or Melanie).
-- Jeff has a knit Bernie Sanders doll on his shoulder made by Ling Ling. 
-- Spencer shows a knit Yoda doll made by Ling Ling. 
-- Susie thanks the clients that sent her a gift certificate to Lula Cafe for Mother's Day. 
Four Walls (Jim Reeves cover w Spencer & Sammy on backing vocals.)
-- Jeff mentions that the version of Four Walls that he did was closer to the Dillard and Clark version.
-- Jeff talks about his dancing skills.
Child Soldier (w lyrics "pretend that you're invisible". w Spencer on thigh slaps.)
-- Sammy mentions how about 20 clients thought that Child Soldier has a Roy Orbison vibe. 
-- Jeff shows off his First Avenue hooded sweatshirt. 
-- the Tweedy family explain to Danny who Chrissy Teigen is.
-- Spencer tells a story about a Roches song and talks Suzzy & Maggie Roche. 
Everyday People (Sly & The Family Stone cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals & drums.)
-- Jeff & Spencer try some of The Strangeloves’ I Want Candy. 
Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover to the beat of The Strangeloves’ I Want Candy. w Spencer on drums.)

The Tweedy Show Monday May 17 Episode 176

-- Jeff says "welcome everyone" before the intro runs. 
-- Jeff performs a bit of The Modern Lovers' I'm Straight. 
-- "Happy Birthday Jonathan Richman!". Jeff mentions that yesterday was Jonathan Richman's 70th birthday. 
-- Susie wants to poll the clients if they think the wifi issue is caused by Instagram or their home. 
-- Jeff wants to have a "Dear Jeffy" column and for Susie to have a counterpoint.
-- Jeff thanks Porous Walker for the prizes that he sent the Tweedy family that aren't suitable for the public. 
.. live video ends abruptly..
-- Spencer shows the boobs blanket that was made by Porous Walker.
Story To Tell (new song) (w Spencer on backing vocals & thigh slaps)
-- Jeff was thinking earlier today how his dad used to bite his toenails. He also thought about how angry his dad used to get. He claims that one time his dad looked like a turnip because he was so angry. 
-- Jeff, Spencer & Susie talk about how Wilco is sponsoring a little league team by paying for their equipment. 
Corner Store (Jonathan Richman cover w Spencer on backing vocals & thigh slaps and Sammy on backing vocals)
-- Sammy explains that he's late to the show because he's talking to the love of his life. 
I'll Take You There (The Staple Singers cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums & backing vocals. Dedicated to the late Pervis Staples and Mavis Staples.)
-- Susie says that I'll Take You There is the number one song in the Tweedy jukebox in slot A9. Spencer plays the song on the jukebox to per request of Susie to prove that's the right slot. 
-- Spencer & Sammy dance along to the recording of I'll Take You There, while Jeff plays guitar. Spencer gets behind the drum kit to play along. 
-- Jeff & Spencer play the beginning of The Modern Lovers' She Cracked. 
Pot Kettle Black (w Spencer on drums. Dedicated to Elizabeth for her birthday.)
In A Future Age (w Spencer on drums)
Mi Shebeirach (Debbie Friedman cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals. Dedicated to the people of Palestine.)
-- Sammy gives an emotional speech about the horrible anti-semitism in the world. 
Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover)

The Tweedy Show Thursday May 20 Episode 177

-- Jeff welcomes the clients to the Tweedy Show. 
-- Susie & Jeff each tell their version of "the bug story". 
-- Susie mentions that their air conditioner is broken. 
-- Susie says that Sammy is not around tonight.
-- Jeff says that he got a haircut. 
Reservations (live stream pauses cutting off song about halfway through.)
:: live stream ended abruptly.::
Even I Can See
-- Susie zooms in on the dove on Jeff's guitar.
-- Spencer mentions looking at another platform to host The Tweedy Show. 
-- Susie talks about the Jeff Knurek cartoon of "Dear Jeffy". 
-- "Happy Birthday Jake!"
Radio King (Spencer on thigh slaps.)
-- Spencer hopes that the clients keep their Tweedy Show related Instagram names, if they switch platforms.
-- Jeff talks about how Susie asked Nick Offerman to send her 2 bottles of his scotch.
-- Spencer mentions the time issues happening again with comments being a minute behind the video. [Or vice versa?]
-- Jeff talks about how there's a fight that breaks out every time they play Scotland.
-- Jeff mentions how he fell down 2 flights of stairs at a show in Scotland.
-- Jeff jokes about episode 47 being worse than this episode. He also thinks that episode 112 was worse too. Jeff also mentions that the show should go on hiatus once the tour begins.

— Jeff thinks that Susie should come out on the road for one Wilco show this summer, so that they could possible do a Tweedy Show from the road.
-- Spencer shows the steampunk dreamcatcher. 
-- Spencer gives the dates for the Tweedy band shows: June 4 in Bridgeview, IL and July 3 in Rockford Park, IL.

— Jeff plays some of Cheap Trick’s Hello There.
-- Jeff ponders about how the drive-in show will be in 2021 compared to other shows.
Bungalow (Case Oats original sung by Casey w Spencer on guitar & backing vocals.)
-- Susie explains why the show is going to end abruptly because of Instagram lagging behind.
Guess Again (w Spencer on drums)
-- Susie tells Jeff to hang around for 2 minutes, so the prior song won't end abruptly for the clients.
Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover played to the guitar & drum beat of Neu!'s Hallogallo. Spencer on drums.)

26 minutes ago, ZiggyBratwurst said:

I know you already know this, but just for the sake of clarity, what you called "By Her Side" in the notes from last night is actually titled Even I Can See.

Oops! That’s right!
Thank you! 

I'm glad to hear they're seriously considering switching platforms. Unfortunately the past few weeks the show has been so stuttery for me it's been hard to watch. 😔

The Tweedy Show Monday May 24 Episode 178

-- "Happy Birthday Bob Dylan! Happy Birthday Jesse Hamm!"
All I Really Want To Do (Bob Dylan cover. Dedicated to Bob Dylan for his birthday.)
-- Susie wants to take a moment to marvel that Bob Dylan is 80. 
-- Jeff says that he's doing yoga.
-- Susie mentions that Tommy Chong is 83 today. 
-- Jeff tries to play some of Cheech & Chong's Earache My Eye. 
::live stream pauses for a few minutes::
Forever Young (Bob Dylan cover w Spencer on backing vocals. Dedicated to Bob Dylan.)
-- Susie tells the clients that Jeff sang Forever Young at Spencer & Peter's Bar Mitzvah. Peter had his Bar Mitzvah later in life. 
-- Susie mentions that Sammy is in the the chat this evening. 
Goin' To Acapulco (Bob Dylan cover sung & performed on drums by Spencer. Jeff on backing vocals.)
I'll Be Your Baby Tonight (Bob Dylan cover w Spencer on drums. Jeff on harmonica.)
The Man In Me (Bob Dylan cover sung & performed on drums by Spencer. Jeff on backing vocals.)
-- Spencer does an impersonation of the "apparently" kid.
-- Jeff & Spencer sing a bit more "la la la la"s.
-- Jeff does a Bob Dylan impersonation. 
-- Jeff & Spencer try some of Bob Dylan's Lay Lady Lay. 
-- Jeff wants to unleash his cunnilingi, while he's doing yoga. He is quickly corrected that the word that he was looking for is kundalini. 
Simple Twist Of Fate (Bob Dylan cover w Spencer on drums.)
-- Jeff & Spencer play a bit of The Strangeloves' I Want Candy. 
-- Jeff & Spencer play a bit of Black Midi's John L. 
-- Jeff & Spencer play an extremely short bit of Bob Dylan's The Times They Are a-Changin'. 
Bob Dylan's 49th Beard
-- Jeff explains why Bob Dylan warrants a whole episode dedicated to him. 
John Wesley Harding (Bob Dylan cover w Spencer on drums. Jeff on harmonica.)
Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover sung in Bob Dylan voice.) 

The Tweedy Show Thursday May 27 Episode 179

-- Susie says that lots of people are booked for Mexico. 
Darkness Is Cheap (new song. Spencer on backing vocals & thigh slaps. Last played on January 5, when it was untitled. I had it titled as "High As A Cloud".)
-- Jeff talks about how much there is to do in Mexico during the day & night. 
-- Casey admits that she was eating "phenomenal" fries by the pool at the last Sky Blue Sky. 
All Across The World (new song. Spencer on thigh slaps. Last played on April 19 of this year, when it was untitled. I had it titled as "In The Hurricane's Eye".)
-- Susie mentions that Jeff's song Even I Can See was on last night's episode of This Is Us. 
Reservations 
-- Jeff asks the clients if they caught his song on the "soap opera" last night. He says that they talked over his song. [this is true.]
-- Jeff hints that he's cooking up something with Flanny. [Flanny is the manager of the Largo nightclub in Los Angeles.]
-- the Tweedy family go over their new laughs. 
Summer Noon (Spencer on backing vocals & thigh slaps.)
You Know More Than I Know (John Cale cover w Spencer on drums & backing vocals.)
Jeepster (T. Rex cover w Spencer on drums & backing vocals.)
-- Jeff thinks that Susie is the main attraction of the show. 
-- Casey & Spencer sing a bit of the Carter Family's Wildwood Flower. 
Love Like A Wire (Diane Izzo cover w Spencer on backing vocals & thigh slaps.)
-- Susie & Jeff believe that there will be a show on Monday which is Memorial Day. 

Jeff gave us titles this evening on 2 previously untitled new songs. "High As A Cloud" is called Darkness Is Cheap. "In The Hurricane's Eye" is called All Across The World. 

The Tweedy Show Monday May 31 Episode 180

-- Jeff introduces special guests Glenn Kotche & Pat Sansone. 
-- Glenn was unable to transport the gong because his leg is in a cast.
-- Pat Sansone says that he might do his Johnny Carson impression later this evening. 
-- Glenn explains how he broke his ankle. 
Hate It Here (Glenn on drums. Pat on keyboards. Jeff on electric. Spencer on the egg shaker. Jeff dedicates the song to Pat's dad Tony.)
-- Susie explains that Thursday's episode did not save to Instagram, but she screen recorded it to her phone and should post it soon. 
How To Fight Loneliness (Glenn on drums. Pat on keyboards & backing vocals. Jeff on electric.)
-- Susie does an extreme closeup of Pat's hair. 
-- Jeff mentions that they were discussing shakers in the studio today. 
-- Glenn talks about his wife. 
Black Moon (Glenn on drums. Pat on acoustic guitar & backing vocals. Jeff on electric.)
-- Glenn shows the clients his "charcuterie board" of percussion that he just played on Black Moon. 
Passenger Side (Glenn on drums. Pat on keyboards & backing vocals. Jeff on electric.)
-- Jeff thinks that they might be able to remember some songs once the tour starts. 
-- Jeff, Pat & Glenn play a bit of The Strangeloves' I Want Candy. 
Born Alone (Glenn on drums. Pat on acoustic guitar & backing vocals. Jeff on electric.)
-- Jeff quotes Send In The Clowns which leads to a scramble to find out who wrote it. Glenn mentions that Stephen Sondheim was in the floor below Wilco's recording studio in NY. 
Far, Far Away (Glenn on drums. Pat on keyboards. Jeff on acoustic.)
-- Jeff explains that Pat is in town to record some of the new Wilco record. 
-- Jeff jokes that Wilco should park itself in Vegas to become a Vegas act. 
-- Jeff, Glenn & Pat play some of Love's Alone Again Or with Pat singing. Spencer does the mouth trombone.
-- Glenn does a drum solo. 
Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover. Glenn on drums. Pat on acoustic. Jeff on acoustic.)

Wow! What an amazing surprise to have Glenn & Pat tonight! Didn't expect that at all. 

11 hours ago, u2roolz said:

-- Susie does an extreme closeup of Pat's hair. 

Is there existing the spreadoutsheet of the body part featurings of Wilco members? I have some few rough notes to contribute from certain episodes. I can contact Professor from Stockholm for the guaranteed detailed list for sure. Maybe he even already have in spreadoutsheet form for new common usage.

Welfare!

P.S. I have suspicion that list of Professor from Stockholm will exclude the moob parts from body part featurings. He is not the fan of the moob parts. But we can supplement for thoroughness, no? 

Pat often gets overshadowed by Nels but he's such a great musician, it's really cool to hear him (and Jeff and Glenn of course) play Wilco songs in a stripped down setting like that.

On 5/28/2021 at 9:20 AM, ZiggyBratwurst said:

Spreadsheet is also updated with new/revised song titles.

This is amazing!  Thank you!!!  Just the other day I was wondering if anyone was nutty/dedicated enough to do this.   Thanks again!

What luck to have tuned in last night! I've only watched a few of these shows, and never an entre episode.  I tuned in just in time for How to Fight Lonliness.  

I really needed something like that to wrap up the weekend.  Today is "telework is over" day for my wife, and I had to take my dog in for cancer testing this morning, so I was feeling pretty sad about a number of things last night.  These performances and all the silly banter did a god job parting the clouds.  

Jeff, I hope your doggo's reports come back as benign or at least treatable! It's so emotionally hard when a pet is suffering.

Does your wife feel ready to re-engage in person at her jobsite? I think we've all gone a bit feral in the past year and a half! Good luck to her.

Last night's show was flat-out charming! I don't use that word for much but it totally fits here. Pat and Glenn were relaxed and enjoying themselves. Agreed on Pat's musical skills! His mouth trumpet rawks! 😄

18 hours ago, kidsmoke said:

Jeff, I hope your doggo's reports come back as benign or at least treatable! It's so emotionally hard when a pet is suffering.

Does your wife feel ready to re-engage in person at her jobsite? I think we've all gone a bit feral in the past year and a half! Good luck to her.

Last night's show was flat-out charming! I don't use that word for much but it totally fits here. Pat and Glenn were relaxed and enjoying themselves. Agreed on Pat's musical skills! His mouth trumpet rawks! 😄

Thank you.  I feel like I've been grieving over the last year, noticing her getting older and slower and having a bad day every now and then.  I wish I could set that aside and just enjoy the time we have with her with no distractions or conflicted feelings.     

Neither me nor my wife are ready to reengage.  I'll have to go back in a couple weeks, and I'm not looking forward to it at all.  There's no part of my job that I can't do 100% satisfactorily from home.   Our workplace is very old fashioned, almost military-like, and does not value flexibility for its employees, so it's going to be a tough and somewhat demoralizing transition.

The Tweedy Show Thursday June 3 Episode 181

-- Sammy welcomes the clients to the Tweedy Show.
-- Sammy explains that he will be starting a job at the Jewish summer camp as a music director, so this will be his last episode for a long time. 
Mi Shebeirach (Debbie Friedman cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals.)
-- Jeff & Spencer joke that they will have Finn Wolfhard as a fill in for Sammy for tomorrow's drive in show. 
Save It For Me (Spencer & Sammy on backing vocals.)
-- Susie is mad at Chicago skunks that eat Piping Plover eggs. 
Close My Eyes (Arthur Russell cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals.)
Thirteen (Big Star cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals.)
-- Jeff shreds, while Sammy & Spencer try to reconnect Alexa, so that they can get Peter back. 
Human (Molly Sarle cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals.)
-- Jeff hopes to get Molly Sarle to sing Human with the Tweedy band at Sky Blue Sky. 
-- Jeff reveals that he rehearsed about 30 songs over the past 2 days.
-- Sammy & Spencer try to get through That's How I Got To Memphis, but aren't sure of the lyrics. 
Pink Moon (Nick Drake cover sung by Sammy.)
Smothered In Hugs (Guided By Voices cover sung & performed on guitar by Sammy.)
Cosmic Dancer (T. Rex cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums)
Jesus Wept (Mavis Staples cover. Lyrics by Jeff. Sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals & thigh slaps.)
-- Jeff explains why he wrote Jesus Wept for Mavis. 
-- Sammy does a Squidward impression singing a few lines of Opaline. 
-- Sammy says that he's going to bring a synthesizer that he made to summer camp. 
-- Jeff says that the kids at the summer camp didn't give him any respect. 
-- Jeff gives a shout out to the 7 year old who wants Jeff to sign his butt. Jeff's legal counsel advises him against it. 
-- Sammy explains his synthesizer modules. 

-- Sammy says goodbye to the clients. 

Is someone still keeping track of all the songs performed on TTS??? Is there anyway to tell how many times My Darling has been performed? I know Jeff's done it at least once.

43 minutes ago, TCP said:

Is someone still keeping track of all the songs performed on TTS??? Is there anyway to tell how many times My Darling has been performed? I know Jeff's done it at least once.

I’m still updating the list after every show. Link to the list is in my signature below. Jeff has played My Darling twice: episodes 48 and 145. 

5 minutes ago, ZiggyBratwurst said:

I’m still updating the list after every show. Link to the list is in my signature below. Jeff has played My Darling twice: episodes 48 and 145. 

That's perfect!! Thank you Ziggy!