I didn’t feel the need to start a new thread, but Spotify added 2 new Jeff Tweedy songs today. They’re part of the Sub Pop Singles Club Vol. 6. They are C’mon America and UR-60 Unsent. 

C’mon America sounds like it might have been played on The Tweedy Show, but I haven’t looked hard enough at the untitled songs to see which one. I thought that it might have been “I Love My Country Stupid & Cruel (Sing In The Choir), but it is not. 

UR-60 Unsent is actually the song that Jeff called Film Strip, when he played it twice on an older episode of The Tweedy Show. That was quite the surprise to see that odd title and have it be Film Strip. 

Enjoy!!

• Like 3
  • Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Friends - I have finally updated the Tweedy Show mp3 archive (over 2,000 song files). All files have been meticulously logged and tagged so they can be easily filtered, searched, and sorted - in iT

I appreciate the accolades, but seriously, all the real credit goes to @u2roolz. The two or three times I filled in for him really showed me how truly dedicated he’s been to this project. It’s fairly

The Tweedy Show Monday December 26 Episode 217 —Sammy welcomes the clients to The Tweedy Show.  —Susie is upset that she sees her reflection in the tv.  —“Hi, everyone! We forgot how to

Posted Images

8 hours ago, u2roolz said:

I didn’t feel the need to start a new thread, but Spotify added 2 new Jeff Tweedy songs today. They’re part of the Sub Pop Singles Club Vol. 6. They are C’mon America and UR-60 Unsent. 

C’mon America sounds like it might have been played on The Tweedy Show, but I haven’t looked hard enough at the untitled songs to see which one. I thought that it might have been “I Love My Country Stupid & Cruel (Sing In The Choir), but it is not. 

UR-60 Unsent is actually the song that Jeff called Film Strip, when he played it twice on an older episode of The Tweedy Show. That was quite the surprise to see that odd title and have it be Film Strip. 

Enjoy!!

Excellent detective work!

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

The Tweedy Show Thursday November 4 Episode 203

-- Basil welcomes the clients to the Tweedy Show. 
-- Susie introduces Spencer, Casey, Eugenia, Sammy & Jeff. 
-- Susie & Jeff try to guess which show Paul is at during tonight's episode. The answer is My Morning Jacket. 
-- Jeff is triggered by mullets because that's what haircuts the kids that used to pick on Jeff had. 
-- Susie ponders if anyone in Bachelor Nation is a Wilco fan which leads Jeff to tell a story about a fan in the front row who wanted to move the monitor wedge around on the stage, so that he could hear the sound. 
-- Jeff talks about how much it meant to him to see Tweedy Show masks, shirts & "Hi, How Are You?" hats at the Wilco shows. 
-- Jeff talks about Marc Maron who was at one of the recent Los Angeles shows. Marc raved about the show on his podcast, even though he left the show early. 
-- Jeff tells the story about the guy who got up during a song and shot Jeff a dirty look and walked out of the show. 
— Jeff loved the Velvet Underground documentary. 
-- Susie announces that they will be selling Tweedy Show masks again which will this time benefit Recipe For Change. It helps detainees in Cook County Jail. 
https://recipeforchangeproject.org
Visit TweedyShow.com to purchase. 
Wait For Love (Spencer on thigh slaps)
-- Jeff thinks that his vocal chords are still numb after having dental work today. 
-- Spencer models the Porous Walker pajamas that are covered with animated boobs. https://theporouswalker.com
Hold On Hope (Guided By Voices cover sung by Sammy. Spencer on backing vocals.)
What I Don't Believe (The Minus 5 cover sung by Spencer.)
-- Jeff discusses the 30th anniversary of My Bloody Valentine's Loveless record. He mentions that one of the music sites showed a clip of Sammy singing When You Sleep. 
Certainty (Big Thief cover sung by Casey. Spencer on guitar & backing vocals.)
-- Jeff admits that he recently looked at a clip of The Tweedy Show and is upset that Susie never told him not to slouch. Susie told him not to slouch. 
The Golden Age (Beck cover sung by Sammy. Spencer on drums & backing vocals.)
Family Ghost (Spencer on drums.)
Helter Skelter (The Beatles cover sung & performed on drums by Spencer.)
Even I Can See
Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover)
-- Susie announces that they will not be going back to their regular schedule because everyone is busy, but she will make a social media post to announce the next episode. 
-- Jeff thanks the Wilco organization for going out on tour during the pandemic. 

• 3 weeks later...

The Tweedy Show Monday November 22 Episode 204

--  Sammy welcomes the clients to the Tweedy Show. 
-- Sammy is wearing black leather pants that Jeff once wore at a show at the Vic. Jeff laughs at the fact that he bought them at The Gap. 
Don't Forget (with Spencer on thigh slaps.)
Mi Shebeirach (Debbie Friedman cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals.)
Winter Rose (Billy Nicholls cover sung by Spencer.)
-- Susie shows a book of Woody Guthrie's lyrics that is signed by Nora Guthrie. (The book should be coming out this month.)
-- Jeff sings a bit of Another Man's Done Gone. 
 -- pickle discussion
Hoodoo Voodoo (Spencer on thigh slaps, cowbell, & backing vocals.)
-- Jeff shows his new Mavis guitar from Saginaw, MI to the clients. https://www.google.com/amp/s/guitar.com/review/electric-guitar/the-big-review-mule-resophonic-guitars-mavis/%3famp
Ain't No Doubt About It (Spencer on drums & backing vocals. Jeff on electric guitar.)
Kingpin (Spencer on drums. Jeff on electric guitar.)
-- Jeff & Spencer jam on what sounds like Acuff Rose. 
Bombs Above (Spencer on thigh slaps.)
Hanky Panky Nohow (John Cale cover sung by Sammy.)
I'm The Man Who Loves You (dedicated to Susie.)
-- Jeff says that he heard people scream out "shredding" at a few of the recent shows. 
-- Jeff talks about the Founding Member option for his Substack. He wants to cut off that option to new subscribers. He wants to send the Founding Members a gift soon. 
-- Jeff explains that he enjoys having new songs to share on Substack. 
-- Jeff mentions that there are still tickets available for the shows at The Metro. 
-- "Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!"

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The Tweedy Show Tuesday December 7 Episode 205

-- Jeff welcomes the clients to the Tweedy Show. 
-- the Tweedy Show opening is a fan produced video by the Tweedy Show Client Union and organized by Jeff Knurek. 
-- Susie & Jeff love the surprise video. Susie promises to play it again later in the show. 
-- Susie asks Jeff what he thought of Get Back which leads to the first song of the night. 
-- Jeff, Spencer & Sammy abandon The Beatles' Two Of Us. 
Two Of Us (The Beatles cover sung by Sammy & Spencer while on drums.)
-- Jeff says that "we loved Get Back." He wants more filmed long form processes without any talking heads in it. He cried throughout it and considers himself more of a Bob Dylan fan, but still loves The Beatles. 
-- Jeff mentions that Pat Sansone is the biggest Beatles fan in Wilco. 
-- Jeff is amazed that some of the filmed moments captured songs being created in real time. He jokes that there isn't enough toast in The Loft. 
-- The Tweedy Show Client Union is played again. 
-- Jeff talks about the Washington Post article where he was interviewed about watching Get Back. https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2021/12/06/beatles-get-back-documentary-songwriters/
Cars Can't Escape (with Spencer on drums. Sammy on laptop for synth sounds.)
-- Jeff explains that it's Sam Jones that says "beautiful" at the end of the demo for Cars Can't Escape. 
-- Jeff admits that he cries at episodes of Pen15.
-- Susie shows the stained glass gift from David Adams. 
Race For The Prize (The Flaming Lips cover sung by Sammy. Spencer on drums.)
-- Susie asks Sammy if he remembers the Wilco/Flaming Lips New Year's Eve show in 2004. Jeff adds that Sleater Kinney also played that show. 
My Girls (Animal Collective cover sung by Sammy. Spencer on drums & backing vocals.)
-- Susie explains that Danny got thrown off of Instagram for spelling "Dick Van Dyke" wrong. 
Gwendolyn (Spencer on drums.)
...And Then You Cut It In Half (Spencer on drums.)
-- Jeff's favorite Christmas movie is Elf thanks to the forced perception techniques used in the film. 
-- Jeff mentions that they might do The Tweedy Show from the road again. 
-- Jeff says that he & Susie will be doing more Dear Jeffy (Go Ask Susie) segments in the future. Susie asked Jeff if one of the upcoming shows was being live streamed to which he replied that he wasn't sure about. 

7 hours ago, u2roolz said:

-- Jeff mentions that Pat Sansone is the biggest Beatles fan in Wilco. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhyipsMVesA

Pat sings the Beatles and demonstrates his musical versatility by mastering the bog roll.

The Whole Love is probably my fav Wilco album - I like to think because Pat co-produced and gave it a fantastic bright but not over-polished sound full of aural interest - just like a good Beatles album.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The Tweedy Show Thursday December 16 Episode 206

-- the Tweedy family & Casey sing Happy Birthday to Spencer. 
-- Spencer blows out his candles with some help from an app on his iPhone. 
-- Sammy shows the clients a framed drawing of the Tweedy family created by Matt. 
-- Jeff asks if anyone noticed his reflection in his fake gold tooth in today's Substack post. 
Evergreen (with Spencer & Sammy on backing vocals.)
-- Spencer reveals that he is 26 years old today and someone told him that he knows nothing at 26. Spencer feels that he is over the hump of his 20s & feels a little bit different than he did at 22, 23 or 25.
-- Jeff jokes that he will sing Spencer any Wilco song for his birthday or sign his book for him. 
Migration (new Spencer original sung & performed on guitar by Spencer.)
-- Jeff tells a story about Spencer at school. Spencer was afraid to be walked into school by Jeff because he thought that the people in school would assume that he had smoked weed with Jeff due to his profession. 
-- Jeff & Susie mention that next week it'll be Sammy's 22nd birthday. 
-- Spencer mentions that they were just dropping in to say "hello" and doesn't know if the "umpires" will call it an official episode. [wow! That was very meta to report. Lol.]
"I Am A New Man, But I Am Still My Mother" (untitled new song with Spencer on thigh slaps.)
-- Jeff sings some of The Minus 5's The Family Gardener. 
-- Jeff sings a few lines of We Wish You A Merry Christmas. 
Certainty (Big Thief cover sung & performed on guitar by Spencer with Casey on backing vocals.)
Warm (When The Sun Has Died)
The Red Brick (with Spencer on backing vocals & thigh slaps.)
-- Jeff tells the story about stopping at Lounge Ax, while Susie was going into labor. Jeff was a nervous wreck during labor, but Susie thought that it was funny.
-- Susie talks about taking a phone call while in the hospital. It was Lounge Ax looking for the pinball machine company. 
-- Jeff thinks that they should also talk about Sammy's birth, since he'll be playing Metro the night of his birthday.
-- Jeff says that Michael Nesmith was the first rock musician that he wanted to be. He reveals that he sang Michael Nesmith songs to the kids on his block claiming that they were his. Sweet Young Thing was one of the songs. 
-- Jeff explains that he hates every single character on HBO's Succession, even Cousin Greg. He thinks that he might wind up being the biggest piece of shit of all. [Editor's note: I agree with Susie's star of the show, if I can be cheeky.]
-- Jeff strums a song while Spencer does mouth trombone. 
-- Jeff plays chords to see if Susie likes them. 
-- Jeff sings a bit of the 1-800-KARS-4-KIDS jingle. 
From Far Away (with Spencer on thigh slaps.)
-- Susie mentions that they might try to do a Sammy birthday show before the show at Metro. 
Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover "happy birthday" style.)

The Tweedy Show Wednesday December 22 Episode 207

-- the Tweedy family say Happy Birthday to Sammy, while everyone is backstage at the Metro in Chicago. 
Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You (Bob Dylan cover with Spencer on drums. James Elkington on electric guitar. Sima Cunningham on bass & backing vocals. Macie Stewart on violin & backing vocals.)
-- Susie checks in with Jeff to see how long tonight's special episode should last. 
-- Susie says "hi" to Eric, James, Sima & Macie. 
Let's Go Rain (with Spencer on drums & backing vocals. Sammy on backing vocals. James Elkington on electric guitar. Sima Cunningham on bass & backing vocals. Macie Stewart on violin & backing vocals.)
Low Key (with Spencer on drums. James Elkington on electric guitar. Sima Cunningham on bass & backing vocals. Macie Stewart on violin & backing vocals.)
-- Jeff reveals the "soft launch" of his hardcover lyric book at the merch stand. 
-- Everyone says "bye". 

• Like 1

The Tweedy Show Thursday December 23 Episode 208

Helpless (Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young cover sung by Sammy. Spencer on drums & backing vocals. James Elkington on electric guitar. Sima Cunningham on bass guitar & backing vocals. Macie Stewart on violin & backing vocals.)
-- "hello everyone!"
Who Loves The Sun (Velvet Underground cover sung & performed on drums by Spencer. James Elkington on electric guitar. Sima Cunningham on bass & backing vocals. Jeff, Sammy, & Macie on backing vocals.)
-- Jeff explains that Wilco performed Who Loves The Sun at one of the Solid Sound shows: the all covers show. 
-- Susie is concerned that people have Airbuds in listening to The Tweedy Show, while waiting for tonight's concert to take place. 
Grandmother (Ohmme original performed by Ohmme: Sima Cunningham on acoustic guitar & vocals. Macie Stewart on bass & vocals. Spencer on drums.) 
Warm (When The Sun Has Died) (Spencer & Sammy on backing vocals. James Elkington on electric guitar. Sima Cunningham on bass & backing vocals. Macie Stewart on violin & backing vocals.)
-- Susie says that she might stream some songs during the show to cheer us up from all of the Covid depression. 
-- Jeff jokes that this backstage filming is like Get Back which gets a laugh. 
Ultra Orange Room (Spencer on drums. James Elkington on electric guitar. Sima Cunningham on bass & backing vocals. Macie Stewart on violin & backing vocals.)
-- Jeff jokingly lists off activities that he doesn't do during a show day: no exercise, no sex, no driving a car, no using cutlery, no fishing and no decorating. 
-- "bye everyone". 
-- everyone starts World Away, but it was decided to end the backstage show moments ago. 

Susie said that she might film a few songs tonight, so keep your eyes peeled to her IG. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Tweedy Show Thursday December 23 Episode 209 (Jeff & the band Live At Metro.)

A Robin Or A Wren (partial)
Opaline
High As Hello
Having Been Is No Way To Be
Gwendolyn (Jeff stops the song early because his string broke.)
Evergreen
Gwendolyn 
Half-Asleep
Don't Forget 
I Know What It's Like
Save It For Me
Ultra Orange Room
Low Key
Some Birds 
The Red Brick
--------------------
Helpless (Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young cover sung by Sammy.)
Guess Again
Family Ghost
Even I Can See
You Are Not Alone 
Let's Go Rain
Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You (Bob Dylan cover)
California Stars 

This was an extremely generous gesture from Susie tonight to film practically the whole show, after all of the recent postponement announcements. Everyone sounded great! Thank you, Susie!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The Tweedy Show Thursday January 6 Episode 210

-- Spencer welcomes everyone to the show.
-- Susie wishes everyone a Happy New Year. 
-- Jeff discusses the Sky Blue Festival. He 100% understands all of the anger & confusion surrounding the festival. He says that Wilco is in the same boat as the fans. They are a contracted entity. He hopes that there is a clearer outcome for everyone. He would rather have everyone be angry at him, then at each other. He's upset at the divisions this has created amongst the fans. He apologizes for the silence. 
-- Patrick Sansone is in the chat. He kids "there's a festival?".
-- Jeff explains that they are doing the preparations for the shows, as if they were to go on. 
Heroes (David Bowie cover. With Spencer on drums & backing vocals.)
-- Jeff explains the tuning for Heroes.
In A Future Age (with Spencer on drums.)
Words (Low cover sung by Sammy with Spencer on drums & backing vocals.)
-- Susie announces that she & Jeff are known as Lord & Lady of Glencoe, Scotland thanks to a client's gift. 
Telephone Line (Electric Light Orchestra cover sung by Sammy with Spencer on drums & backing vocals.)
-- Sammy says that Jeff Lynne has his favorite voice in rock. 
-- Jeff says that Paper Moon was his & his mother's favorite movie. [R.I.P. Peter Bogdanovich.]
Don't Think Twice, It's Alright (Bob Dylan cover)
-- Jeff shows the hardcover Bob Dylan lyric book to the clients. 
-- Jeff does a quick impression of Elvis Presley singing Don't Think Twice, It's Alright. 
-- Jeff does an impression of his Dad talking about Bob Dylan & The Band.
-- Peter Miller tells an airport story that features Bill Gates & Moishe.
-- Susie gives a show recommendation: The Great. 
-- Jeff tells his Don Rickles story. They were on the elevator together, when they were at The Late Show with David Letterman. Jeff was wearing a hat. Don turned to Jeff and said "Rabbi?"

I tried my best to scratch down all that Jeff said regarding SBS, so I'd recommend tuning into the very beginning of the show for the whole conversation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was that an amazing version of Heros, or was I just in a good mood?!?!?  (Just saw a snowy owl a half hour prior!)  I absolutely loved it, except for the weird tuning!  I don't have enough guitars for that!!  

I would guess not. That's the same photo they used for last night's episode. Also, except for the few times they've done the show from out on the road, it has been a very, very long time since they did shows on two nights in a row.

9 minutes ago, ZiggyBratwurst said:

I would guess not. That's the same photo they used for last night's episode. Also, except for the few times they've done the show from out on the road, it has been a very, very long time since they did shows on two nights in a row.

That’s my thought, too.  I assume Instagram was just not refreshing itself on my end, but it made me wonder since there is obviously a lot of developing news in the Wilco world these days.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The Tweedy Show Tuesday January 18 Episode 211
Sky Blue Sky Night 2 w/Special Guests 

Wow! That was amazing! Susie filmed about the last hour of tonight’s show. You can most likely find it on her IG page right now. Thanks again!

I’ll let Paul post his recap first & then I’ll update this info. Those special guests though!  

Pot Kettle Black (sung by Sophie Allison a.k.a. Soccer Mommy)

Hummingbird 

How To Fight Loneliness 

Impossible Germany 

Kingpin 

Passenger Side (sung by Kurt Vile)

Dawned On Me 

Airline To Heaven 

California Stars (with James Elkington on electric guitar. Chris Funk on banjo.)

—encore

You Are Not Alone (sung by Mavis Staples)

Freedom Highway (The Staples Singers cover sung by Mavis Staples.)

I removed the episode number, since it was brought to my attention by David Handelman & Monty Smith that it is not listed on Susie’s IG page. Thank you, gentlemen! 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, u2roolz said:

The Tweedy Show Tuesday January 18 Episode 211 Sky Blue Sky Night 2 w/Special Guests 

Wow! That was amazing! Susie filmed about the last hour of tonight’s show. You can most likely find it on her IG page right now. Thanks again!

I’ll let Paul post his recap first & then I’ll update this info. Those special guests though!  

Well, Mavis was wearing a Tweedy Show T-shirt so I should have guessed that the live stream was on. Go ahead and post what you want. I already posted the complete setlist. It'll take me a few hours later to actually write something coherent.

• Like 1
Just now, bböp said:

Well, Mavis was wearing a Tweedy Show T-shirt so I should have guessed that the live stream was on. Go ahead and post what you want. I already posted the complete setlist. It'll take me a few hours later to actually write something coherent.

Thanks! It was more about not really being able to see who was behind Jeff in Mikael’s place. 

6 minutes ago, u2roolz said:

Thanks! It was more about not really being able to see who was behind Jeff in Mikael’s place. 

Yeah, I have that info as well but just haven't notated it yet. I'm sure about 10 people other than you and me care, haha.

• Haha 1

The Tweedy Show Wednesday January 19 Episode 212 

Sky Blue Sky Day 3 - Jeff Tweedy Band w/Special Guests. 

Bad Day Lately 

Love Is The King

A Robin Or A Wren 

Opaline

High As Hello 

Having Been Is No Way To Be

Gwendolyn 

Evergreen

Half-Asleep

Don’t Forget

Even I Can See

Save It For Me

I Know What It’s Like

Low Key

Some Birds

The Red Brick

Helpless (Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young cover sung by Sammy.)

Family Ghost

Guess Again

Let’s Go Rain

Friendship (Pops Staples cover sung by Mavis Staples.)

Last night of Sky Blue Sky

January 20

What an amazing ending to what sounded like a stellar 4th & final night! Thank you, Susie! 

I didn’t keep track, but I’ll update this section soon. 

If you’re seeing the setlist making the rounds over in FB land, the filming started during Born Alone. Hmm. (I spy a setlist debut in there!) 

Born Alone 

Jesus, Etc.

Hate It Here

Heavy Metal Drummer 

I’m The Man Who Loves You

Candyfloss

Casino Queen

Outtasite (Outta Mind)

Cut Your Hair (Pavement cover sung by Stephen Malkmus.)

—encore 

I’ll Take You There (The Staples Singers cover sung by Mavis Staples.) 

The Weight (The Band cover sung by Mavis Staples.)

On 1/19/2022 at 12:02 AM, u2roolz said:

The fill-ins for Michael were Sima Cunningham and Macie Stewart from Ohmme, and Liam Kazar, all of whom serve in Jeff’s band.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Backstage at Largo 

Friday February 25

Orphan (Spencer on thigh slaps. Macie Stewart & Sima Cunningham on backing vocals.)

— Jeff explains that they are backstage at Largo at the Coronet Theater. 
— Jeff gets his “game face” on, as do the rest of the band. 
— Jeff can’t reveal who’s next door in the backstage area because it’s a surprise for the audience. Susie says that the surprise was ruined on social media by using the surprise guest’s initials. Jeff jokes “how do they know it’s not Norm Oscarberg.” 
— the band members give Susie their names & ages. 
The Losing End (Neil Young cover. Spencer on thigh claps & backing vocals. Macie, Sima, Liam & Sammy on backing vocals. James Elkington on an unplugged electric guitar.)

It Must Be Love (Labi Siffre cover. Spencer, Macie, Sima & Sammy on backing vocals and thigh slaps. James Elkington on electric guitar.)

— Jeff hopes that the show gets picked up, while they’re out in Los Angeles. 

We were all treated to a very surprise stream of the backstage rehearsal. I sure hope that Norm Oscarberg was a hit tonight. 

• Like 1