16 hours ago, bböp said:

Just for the record, I went with Having A Hard Time for the title of the song in question because Wilcoworld actually posted the setlist for the first Largo show on Jan. 5 before I finished my recap/setlist post here. I originally called it "It's Nothing New" as well, but changed it in deference to what Wilcoworld had. I hear that someone may have seen a song listed as "Nothing New" on a physical setlist at the show, which is almost certainly where the confusion stems from. So until Jeff clarifies it or the song is released with one title or the other, we won't know for sure.

Either way, I wouldn't completely trust Setlist.fm on anything. It's a nice resource to have, but I'm sure there are also errors on there as with any Wiki-type database that anyone can contribute to or change. Very occasionally Wilcoworld has an error, too. Nobody's perfect, but I would tend to defer to Wilcoworld on song titles unless Jeff himself clarifies it either during a show, on the Tweedy Show or on his Substack.

For what it's worth, I asked Cash on Thursday what that song was called and he said, "'Having a Hard Time' is the only title I've ever heard."

• Like 1
  • Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Friends - I have finally updated the Tweedy Show mp3 archive (over 2,000 song files). All files have been meticulously logged and tagged so they can be easily filtered, searched, and sorted - in iT

I appreciate the accolades, but seriously, all the real credit goes to @u2roolz. The two or three times I filled in for him really showed me how truly dedicated he’s been to this project. It’s fairly

The Tweedy Show Monday December 26 Episode 217 —Sammy welcomes the clients to The Tweedy Show.  —Susie is upset that she sees her reflection in the tv.  —“Hi, everyone! We forgot how to

Posted Images

After reading through these last few posts, I'm a little confused about why there's confusion about the name of the new song. But for what it's worth, on the spreadsheet I listed the new song from this Tweedy Show (#218) as "Evicted From Your Heart" because a) he repeats the line over and over in the song, b) both @u2roolz and @bböp listed it as such in their lists, and c) that's what it says on Wilcoworld.net.

14 minutes ago, ZiggyBratwurst said:

After reading through these last few posts, I'm a little confused about why there's confusion about the name of the new song. But for what it's worth, on the spreadsheet I listed the new song from this Tweedy Show (#218) as "Evicted From Your Heart" because a) he repeats the line over and over in the song, b) both @u2roolz and @bböp listed it as such in their lists, and c) that's what it says on Wilcoworld.net.

My post wasn't about that song. It was about the song that could be named either "Nothing New" or "Having a Hard Time." Both phrases are part of its refrain.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Brian F. said:

My post wasn't about that song. It was about the song that could be named either "Nothing New" or "Having a Hard Time." Both phrases are part of its refrain.

Oh, ok. Then I guess I just don't know which song you're talking about. 

4 minutes ago, awilhem said:

Hi. I'm not seeing Episode 218 on Stuffinourhouse.  Is it posted somewhere else?  Thank you

If it’s no longer on the Instagram it’ll likely be posted by Susie to YouTube at some point down the line. Might take a little bit.

1 hour ago, Freedy said:

If it’s no longer on the Instagram it’ll likely be posted by Susie to YouTube at some point down the line. Might take a little bit.

Thank you.  I saw it posted on Instagram earlier this week and was looking forward to watching it today, but it's not there now.  

• 3 weeks later...

The Tweedy Show Sunday January 29 Episode 219

—Spencer welcomes the clients to The Tweedy Show.

—Susie & Jeff  say “hello” to the clients. 

—Susie checks in with Peter via Alexa. 

—Susie mentions that this is a surprise Tweedy Show. 

—Peter’s telephone is ringing via Alexa. 

—Jeff mentions that he’s rehearsing with Spencer for the Cayamo cruise on Friday February 10th. [ www.Cayamo.com ] {cruise is from Feb 10th - Feb 17th}

Venus (Television cover with Spencer on drums)

—Jeff talks about the late Tom Verlaine. He says that Tom Verlaine gets a lot of accolades for changing the way a lot of people look at guitar, but he changed the way that he looks at writing songs. He says that Venus is a perfect song. 

—Peter’s Echo got disconnected which causes some glitching. 

—Jeff smells something good which is a chocolate egg cream candle from David Handelman. 

—Sammy checks in via FaceTime, before he goes to bed. He is eating Milk Duds. Jeff wants to do the dance from Matilda which Sammy thinks is the NFL theme song. Sammy & Jeff discuss a “bullshit” call from one of the NFL’s Championship games earlier today. 

—Spencer shows a picture of Basil watching The Tweedy Show on his laptop. 

—Jeff elaborates on the Matilda dance to Susie. Jeff clarifies that it’s the most recent version of Matilda with choreography and not the one from the 90s. 

I Know What It’s Like (with Spencer on drums)

Houses (Elyse Weinberg cover with Spencer on drums & backing vocals)

—Susie & Jeff say “happy birthday” to Donna aka Kidsmoke. 

—Jeff works through Mi Shebeirach on the guitar which is a request. 

Mi Shebeirach (Debbie Friedman cover sung by Spencer)

—Spencer dedicates it to Max’s mother and family. Spencer also dedicates it to Tyre Nichols’ mother. 

Gwendolyn (with Spencer on drums)

—Susie says that she loves Gwendolyn which elicits a funny response from Jeff. 

Half-Asleep (with Spencer on drums & backing vocals)

—Susie says that there was no warning for tonight’s show because it was not planned and you can watch them on the Stuffinourhouse Instagram page. 

—Spencer asks if anyone listened to WilcoWorld radio and Susie gives props to Paul’s hourlong guest DJ special. Jeff talks about how fun it was to create that and the people that helped create it.  

—Jeff does an impersonation of Bernie Sanders, while holding a doll of Bernie Sanders. 

—Susie talks about “Grocery Store” Joe from The Bachelorette. She listens to his podcast and talks about a Better Health ad that played on his podcast regarding therapy and his response to it. 

—Spencer tells a story about seeing a YouTube clip of Jeff talking about picking him up after school right after 9/11. Spencer says that the comments on the YouTube clip think that a 6 year old Spencer would never say such deep comments about 9/11. Jeff theorizes why people would leave such negative comments on a poignant YouTube clip. 

Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover)

—Jeff thanks Justin for the Aquarium Drunkard hat which he was wearing for the duration of the show. 

Well, that was a pleasant surprise as I checked my phone’s battery to see a notification from Stuffinourhouse. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • 6 months later...

The Tweedy Show Wednesday August 2 Episode 220

--Jeff & Basil welcome back the clients to The Tweedy Show. 

--- Susie shows Spencer, Casey, Eugenia and Sammy to the clients. 

--Susie says that it's been "7 months almost to the day", since the last episode. 

--Peter checks in. 

--Happy Birthday to Mark Greenberg, Scott McCaughey Stan Doty and Cousin Sarah.

-- Jeff & Spencer tell a Red Bull fact, after Jeff gets reprimanded by Susie for spilling his energy drink on the floor. 

Gwendolyn (Spencer on drums & backing vocals.)

-- Jeff tells Susie he played it because she told him that she liked the song the last time he played it on the last episode.

-- Jeff tells a story about being on the side of the stage at the Calgary Folk Festival with Scott McCaughey. Jeff says that there was a young woman performing in matching outfits with her band that looked like they walked off the Grand Ole Opry. They were being very well received by the audience which made Jeff nervous because he was on next. Jeff turned to Scott and said "I'm doomed." And Scott told Jeff "I'll bet there will be people here for you, but it's not looking good." 

-- Jeff mentions to Susie that they have an anniversary coming up very soon. 

Cathedrals (The Handsome Family cover sung by Sammy. Spencer on drums & backing vocals.)

—Jeff & Spencer jam out on the riff to Free’s All Right Now. Jeff says that it's the best chord in rock n roll. 

-- Jeff shows the vinyl of Cousin to the clients. He says the artwork probably won't be used for the European tour's backdrop starting next week. He also says that he loved working with Cate LeBon. 

-- Jeff reveals that he recorded an album with Spencer, Sammy and Cate LeBon under a secret band name that he can't reveal yet. 

-- Casey explains that "in the can" is a film industry term.

--- Jeff explains what "put it on ice" means. It's a recording term to keep the grooves of the record intact by using ice.

-- Susie asks Jeff which episode this is and he has no idea. [rightfully so]

-- Jeff tells Susie that he wants to do a podcast with her. 

Powderfinger (Neil Young cover. Spencer on drums & backing vocals.)

-- Jeff says that Scott McCaughey recently did an opening set that featured 60% Neil Young: songs by him & about him. 

-- "Never back up farther than you have to" are words of wisdom from Jeff's dad. 

Evergreen (Spencer on drums & backing vocals. Sammy on backing vocals.)

-- Susie shows the clients her Pee Wee Herman doll. 

America (Simon & Garfunkel cover. Spencer on drums & backing vocals.)

-- the Tweedy family debate over how you define room temperature.

Hesitating Beauty (Spencer on thigh slaps, drums & backing vocals.)

—Jeff & Spencer play an instrumental portion of Marvin Gaye’s Let’s Get It On.

-- Spencer says that he can't stop thinking about Cousin. Susie asks Jeff if he named it after Cousin It. Jeff proclaims that he did not name it Cousin after The Bear's character nickname. They all say they love The Bear and are huge fans of Christopher Storer. Spencer says that Ebon Moss-Bachrach ("Richie") is his favorite actor on The Bear. Spencer mentions that Christopher Storer wrote, produced & directed a Funny Or Die sketch about The Blisters.

Half-Asleep (Spencer on drums & backing vocals. Sammy on backing vocals.)

Words (Low cover sung by Sammy. Spencer on drums & backing vocals. Jeff on electric guitar.)

-- R.I.P. to Mimi Parker (Low) who passed away last November. 

No Matter What (Badfinger cover sung by Spencer & on drums. Sammy & Casey on backing vocals. Jeff on electric guitar.)

In The Street (Big Star cover sung by Sammy. Spencer on drums & backing vocals. Jeff on electric guitar.)

Evicted (Spencer on drums. Jeff on electric.)

Got pleasantly surprised & caught off guard about there being a show tonight. I found out 10 minutes before. Anyways, I’ll do the notes later, but here are the songs that were played.

For now some tidbits: Jeff showed the vinyl artwork for Cousin and also mentioned that he, Cate Le Bon, Spencer & Sammy have recorded something (an album, I believe he said.). He might’ve mentioned that they used a secret name. Total episode was about 70 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, u2roolz said:

No Matter What (Badfinger cover)

Synchronicity. Have had that song in my head for the last couple of months and have watched it here ( https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001b953 ) on and off multiple times since. Really like that kind of harmony guitar sound later on in the track.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

The Tweedy Show Wednesday November 29 Episode 221
-- Spencer holds Basil and Susie introduces Jeff, Danny Miller & Sammy. 
-- Jeff has a new pair of clear frame glasses which Spencer picked out. Jeff says that he doesn't think that he's going to wear them all the time. 
How To Fight Loneliness 
-- Susie says that it's been 4 months since the last episode. 
-- Jeff mentions how he has met some of the clients over the past year at shows and his book tour. 
-- Danny's favorite movie of the year is the French film Anatomy Of A Fall. Jeff makes a snoring sound and Danny changes his answer to Barbie. 
-- Jeff shows how to play the guitar for Evicted. 
-- Jeff's favorite pedal is The Big Cheese and Crimson Custard. 
Mi Shebeirach (Debbie Friedman cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals.)
-- Sammy dedicates the song to the people of Israel & Palestine. 
S.O.S. (Abba cover sung by Sammy with Spencer on drums & backing vocals.)
-- Jeff says that Peter is doing well, after having a few tumbles at home. 
-- Susie shows her Adam & Eve dolls (Biblical) which gets some criticism because Eve is nude and Adam has a leaf covering his nether regions.
Cry Baby Cry (Spencer on drums & backing vocals. Sammy on backing vocals.)[song is on Jeff's Substack from Sept 8th, 2023]
-- Jeff explains that Cry Baby Cry is a new song for the family to sing and not the song with the same name as The Beatles. 
-- Sammy asks what one of the lines of lyrics is in the song and Jeff goes through a couple of lines. Jeff says it's very Belleville. 
A Bowl And A Pudding (Spencer on drums.)
-- Liam Finn is in the chat and the family wish him a belated happy birthday. 
Country Song Upside-down (Spencer on drums.)
-- Susie believes that Neil Finn is also in the chat which prompts Spencer to say that the Crowded House show in Chicago this year was awesome. 
Only Shallow (My Bloody Valentine cover sung by Sammy. Spencer on drums.)
-- Jeff & Spencer run through John Lennon's Oh Yoko!
Oh Yoko! (John Lennon cover sung by Spencer while on drums. Jeff & Sammy on backing vocals.)
-- Sammy shows his John Lennon tattoo. 
-- Susie comments on how all the 8 year olds are now 11 years old. 
Pecan Pie (Spencer on drums & backing vocals.) 
-- Pecan Pie is dedicated to Charles Miller. 
-- Jeff plays the riff to Deep Purple's Smoke On The Water. 
-- the Tweedy men try to get Susie to play Mason Williams' Classical Gas which she learned in 3rd grade.
-- Jeff asks if anyone is headed to Mexico for Sky Blue Sky. 
Please Be Wrong (with Spencer on drums & backing vocals.)
-- Jeff jokes that he still has 12 more songs to do, but Susie is ending the show. He hopes to have another Tweedy Show before 4 months go by. Susie hints that maybe they'll do one from Mexico. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

That is second song from Mr Sammy. He is of the ABBA for sure!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Tweedy Show Episode 222 Monday December 4, 2023

Sky Blue Sky

Jeff Tweedy (and Friends) at Heaven Beach

A Robin Or A Wren (partial)

Natural Disaster

— Jeff quips “This is my side hustle…I was going to take some Uber shifts, but I started a band”. 

Opaline

Summer Noon

— Jeff explains how earlier in the day he accidentally texted Salman Rushdie “to go into the ocean”, instead of Susie.

Gwendolyn

— Jeff talks about the new song that he wrote with the lyrics “die on the beach in the sun”, but they were not able to prepare it in time. 

Evergreen

Half-Asleep

Don't Forget

I Know What It's Like

Some Birds

The Red Brick>

Warm (When The Sun Has Died)

Family Ghost

—Jeff admits that he skipped over two songs in the setlist. 

Low Key

Guess Again

Let's Go Rain

Friendship (Pops Staples cover sung by Sammy Tweedy, Spencer Tweedy and Sima Cunningham.)

Houses (Elyse Weinberg cover sung by Cate Le Bon and Jeff Tweedy.)

Cosmic Dancer (T. Rex cover sung by Sammy Tweedy.)

— Jeff jokes before walking off stage “We practiced for 10 minutes. We probably didn’t need the 10 minutes”.

Band includes:

James Elkington on guitar

Macie Stewart on violin & backing vocals

Sima Cunningham on backing vocals

Liam Kazar on bass & backing vocals

Sammy Tweedy on backing vocals

Spencer Tweedy on drums & backing vocals.

*Cate Le Bon lead vocals on Houses

I never got the IG notification that Susie was streaming this on Monday afternoon. I didn’t realize it until late Tuesday evening, when I was checking to see if we would see the final night. Thank you for streaming this great set, Susie!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
17 hours ago, u2roolz said:

The Tweedy Show Episode 222 Monday December 4, 2023

Sky Blue Sky

Jeff Tweedy (and Friends) at Heaven Beach

A Robin Or A Wren (partial)

Natural Disaster

— Jeff quips “This is my side hustle…I was going to take some Uber shifts, but I started a band”. 

Opaline

Summer Noon

— Jeff explains how earlier in the day he accidentally texted Salman Rushdie “to go into the ocean”, instead of Susie.

Gwendolyn

— Jeff talks about the new song that he wrote with the lyrics “die on the beach in the sun”, but they were not able to prepare it in time. 

Evergreen

Half-Asleep

Don't Forget

I Know What It's Like

Some Birds

The Red Brick>

Warm (When The Sun Has Died)

Family Ghost

—Jeff admits that he skipped over two songs in the setlist. 

Low Key

Guess Again

Let's Go Rain

Friendship (Pops Staples cover sung by Sammy Tweedy, Spencer Tweedy and Sima Cunningham.)

Houses (Elyse Weinberg cover sung by Cate Le Bon and Jeff Tweedy.)

Cosmic Dancer (T. Rex cover sung by Sammy Tweedy.)

— Jeff jokes before walking off stage “We practiced for 10 minutes. We probably didn’t need the 10 minutes”.

Band includes:

James Elkington on guitar

Macie Stewart on violin & backing vocals

Sima Cunningham on backing vocals

Liam Kazar on bass & backing vocals

Sammy Tweedy on backing vocals

Spencer Tweedy on drums & backing vocals.

*Cate Le Bon lead vocals on Houses

I never got the IG notification that Susie was streaming this on Monday afternoon. I didn’t realize it until late Tuesday evening, when I was checking to see if we would see the final night. Thank you for streaming this great set, Susie!

She must have started recording slightly late because the first song of the set was the new one, Cry Baby Cry. And they did play A Robin Or A Wren in its entirety. Just FYI.

• Thanks 1
  • 4 months later...

The Tweedy Show Episode 223

Monday April 15, 2024

Largo Los Angeles

Jeff Tweedy solo

—Susie and Sammy are there waiting for Jeff to come out to play. [There’s only about 2 minutes of the pre-show music, so don’t skip ahead too much.]

Less Than You Think

One Sunday Morning 

“Feel Free” [untitled new song that features Jeff mentioning John & Paul and Mick & Keith and Born In The U.S.A. The line ‘feel free’ is repeated multiple times in a call-and-response manner, where Jeff will sing ‘feel free’ and respond with some lyrics.]
Orphan

Ashes Of American Flags

Whole Love

New Madrid 

Far, Far Away 

She’s A Jar

Out For A Walk [f/k/a Circumcised]
Either Way

Dawned On Me

If I Ever Was A Child

Even I Can See

Heavy Metal Drummer

—Jeff explains that this is the part in the set where he would walk off stage for an encore.

Enough [new song]
You Are Not Alone

I Got You (At The End Of The Century)

Lots of visits to Banter Corner. Great set and you get to hear a few new songs. 

Thank you, Susie! 

• Like 4

A great mix of old and new. Jeff mentioned up front, the challenge of appeasing the every-night attendees with deep tracks, while playing more expected songs (the "hit" as he sometimes jokes) to reward the other guests. This set checked boxes from every era and it really was a treat to have it streamed (thanks Susie!) and feel like part of the audience for the last night of the Largo run.