*I Know What It's Like
*Half Asleep
*Don't Forget 
*Gwendolyn
*Desert Bell
*Guess Again
*Low Key
*Love Like A Wire (Diane Izzo cover)
*You Are Not Alone (Mavis Staples cover. Lyrics by Jeff.)
*Family Ghost
+Love Is The King
----encore----
(Jeff gives the crowd the surprise announcement for Solid Sound 2022 which will take place May 27-29.)
=The Lonely 1 

*Jeff on guitar
*Spencer on drums
*Liam on bass

+Jeff on guitar
+Spencer on drums
+Liam on bass
+Nels on electric guitar

=Jeff on guitar
=Nels on lap steel guitar

The Tweedy Show Episode 195 Saturday July 17

Live from Hunter Center @ Mass MoCa in North Adams, MA

Thanks once again to Susie for putting her arm(s) on the line for the clients! 

I will remove the spoiler tags, once Paul Suwan makes his recap. I figure that’s fair.

• Like 1
  • Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Friends - I have finally updated the Tweedy Show mp3 archive (over 2,000 song files). All files have been meticulously logged and tagged so they can be easily filtered, searched, and sorted - in iT

I appreciate the accolades, but seriously, all the real credit goes to @u2roolz. The two or three times I filled in for him really showed me how truly dedicated he’s been to this project. It’s fairly

The Tweedy Show Monday December 26 Episode 217 —Sammy welcomes the clients to The Tweedy Show.  —Susie is upset that she sees her reflection in the tv.  —“Hi, everyone! We forgot how to

Posted Images

The Tweedy Show Episode 196 Sunday July 17 Live from Hunter Center @ Mass MoCa.

Spoiler

*A Robin Or A Wren
*Don't Forget 
*Having Been Is No Way To Be
*Opaline
*...Ten Sentences
*Bombs Above
*Some Birds
*Guaranteed
*I Know What It's Like
Jesus, Etc.
Story To Tell
New Madrid
"The Universe For What It's Worth.." ^
I Am Trying To Break Your Heart 
*Just A Friend (Biz Markie cover)
*Evergreen
*Guess Again
*Family Ghost
*Gwendolyn
+Half Asleep
+Love Is The King
---encore---
=The Lonely 1
•Airline To Heaven

*Jeff on guitar
*Spencer on drums
*Liam on bass

+Jeff on guitar
+Spencer on drums
+Liam on bass
+Nels on electric guitar

=Jeff on guitar

• Jeff on guitar

• Spencer on drums 

• Liam on bass 

• Nels on lap steel guitar

^Paul Suwan gave the title Say It Plain to the song that I titled "The Universe For What It's Worth..." Maybe he knows something...

Susie is amazing to share this with everyone again. If you can only watch one of these two shows, I highly recommend this one! I don't know if the flexibility of the audience rubbed off on the show, but it felt like it with the setlist which was terrific and different than last night. Everything felt laid back and Jeff was very talkative. 

8 hours ago, u2roolz said:

Hide contents

^Paul Suwan gave the title Say It Plain to the song that I titled "The Universe For What It's Worth..." Maybe he knows something...

He definitely knows pretty much nothing. ;)

• Like 1

I caught the end of the set with Nels. It feels like that Love is the King solo was made for Nels!! Too bad it wasn't a Wilco song though I guess the precedent has been set that a solo Jeff (or Tweedy band) song can become a Wilco song later on.....

There was some strange comments going on in chat that I normally don't notice. I saw someone accusing Nels of being a Trump supporter among other weird stuff. Too bad there's no way to create moderator roles on Instagram!

The Tweedy Show Monday July 19 Episode 197

Backstage from Tree House Brewing Co. in Charlton, MA

# Susie films a nice shot of the poster for this show for the show's intro.
-- Susie welcomes the clients to the Tweedy Show from backstage at the Tree House Brewing Co. in Charlton, MA.
Remember The Mountain Bed (Spencer on thigh slaps. Liam on bass.)
-- Susie lets the clients know that they are at Tree House Brewing Co. in Charlton, MA.
John Wesley Harding (Bob Dylan cover with Spencer on thigh slaps. Liam on bass.)
-- Jeff says that he's afraid to do Remember The Mountain Bed in the show because he didn't screw up any lyrics just now in the rehearsal. 
Wait For Love (Spencer on thigh slaps. Liam on bass & backing vocals.)
-- Susie addresses the lie that someone said in the chat yesterday about Nels being a Trump supporter. Nels Cline does not support Trump.
...Ten Sentences (Spencer on thigh slaps. Liam on bass.)
-- Susie says that they're not giving the clients any backstage shenanigans which was promised. 
Next Time Around (Liam Kazar original sung & performed on guitar by Liam.) [Thanks to Paul for the clarification.]
-- Liam explains how he met the Tweedy family.
-- Susie tells a story about Liam's father's band, Animal Farm, in Chicago. 
Jesus Wept (Mavis Staples cover. Lyrics by Jeff. Spencer on thigh slaps & backing vocals. Liam on bass.)
-- Susie explains that she isn't going to film tonight's show, but she'll follow them to the stage to show what it looks like. She also says that this show might end a bit earlier.
Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover)
-- Susie & Jeff wonder where Paul is.
-- Jeff sings some of Yes' Owner Of A Lonely Heart. 
-- Liam looks for some beer for him and Spencer. He brings back some IPAs. Spencer & Liam discuss the taste of their beers. 
-- Jeff isn't sure about how much live music they have at Treehouse Brewery. 
-- Eric, Jeff & Wilco’s road manager, comes backstage to let them know that it's ten minutes until showtime. [Thanks to Paul for the correction. I had mistakenly thought that Eric was the owner of the brewery.]
-- Susie follows Jeff, Spencer & Liam to the craft services area. We can see the extremely nice outdoor venue which looks packed. 
-- Susie shows Paul who is sitting in the second row. [Thanks to Paul for the correction. I thought that he was in the first row.]
-- Jeff, Spencer and Liam say goodbye to the clients. 

I took a gander at Liam's bandcamp page to find out the name of his song and came up empty handed. 

https://liamkazar.bandcamp.com/album/due-north

9 hours ago, u2roolz said:

-- Susie says that they're not giving the clients any backstage shenanigans which was promised. 

"Next Time Around" (Liam Kazar original sung & performed on guitar by Liam.)
-- Liam explains how he met the Tweedy family.
-- Susie tells a story about Liam's father's band, Animal Farm, in Chicago. 
Jesus Wept (Mavis Staples cover. Lyrics by Jeff. Spencer on thigh slaps & backing vocals. Liam on bass.)
-- Susie explains that she isn't going to film tonight's show, but she'll follow them to the stage to show what it looks like. She also says that this show might end a bit earlier.
-- Susie & Jeff wonder where Paul is.
-- Jeff sings some of Yes' Owner Of A Lonely Heart. 
-- Liam looks for some beer for him and Spencer. He brings back some IPAs. Spencer & Liam discuss the taste of their beers. 
-- Jeff isn't sure about how much live music they have at Treehouse Brewery. 
-- Eric, the owner, comes backstage to let them know that it's ten minutes until showtime. 
-- Susie follows Jeff, Spencer & Liam to the craft services area. We can see the extremely nice outdoor venue which looks packed. 
-- Susie shows Paul who is sitting in the front row. 
-- Jeff, Spencer and Liam say goodbye to the clients.

A couple of minor corrections for you, just because I know how much you care about these things...

-Eric is Jeff/Wilco's road manager, not the owner of the brewery (though maybe he'd like to be!)

-I, the #ShowPony , was actually sitting in the second row.

-I think the Liam song is called Next Time Around. He has played it on his own IG live stream shows a few times, but I guess it's either newer and/or didn't make the cut for his forthcoming record (unless it has an obscure title that isn't immediately obvious).

• Like 1
6 hours ago, bböp said:

A couple of minor corrections for you, just because I know how much you care about these things...

-Eric is Jeff/Wilco's road manager, not the owner of the brewery (though maybe he'd like to be!)

-I, the #ShowPony , was actually sitting in the second row.

-I think the Liam song is called Next Time Around. He has played it on his own IG live stream shows a few times, but I guess it's either newer and/or didn't make the cut for his forthcoming record (unless it has an obscure title that isn't immediately obvious).

Thank you! 

Life lesson: I had the volume down low at the very beginning assuming that I could go back and rewatch it right after. The heavy throttling put an end to that. I’m glad though that it was fixed for the rest of the show. I’m guessing this is where Susie refreshed our memories on Eric. I knew that he looked familiar. 

I had a good laugh realizing that it’s most likely a road manager (duh!) coming into a backstage area and not the manager of a venue. Lol “Hey, Tweedy, what are you doing on the couch? We got a show to do here!” - manager of a venue. 

• Haha 1
On 7/18/2021 at 6:54 PM, u2roolz said:

The Tweedy Show Episode 196 Sunday July 17 Live from Hunter Center @ Mass MoCa.

Hide contents

*A Robin Or A Wren
*Don't Forget 
*Having Been Is No Way To Be
*Opaline
*...Ten Sentences
*Bombs Above
*Some Birds
*Guaranteed
*I Know What It's Like
Jesus, Etc.
Story To Tell
New Madrid
"The Universe For What It's Worth.." ^
I Am Trying To Break Your Heart 
*Just A Friend (Biz Markie cover)
*Evergreen
*Guess Again
*Family Ghost
*Gwendolyn
+Half Asleep
+Love Is The King
---encore---
=The Lonely 1
•Airline To Heaven

*Jeff on guitar
*Spencer on drums
*Liam on bass

+Jeff on guitar
+Spencer on drums
+Liam on bass
+Nels on electric guitar

=Jeff on guitar

• Jeff on guitar

• Spencer on drums 

• Liam on bass 

• Nels on lap steel guitar

Susie is amazing to share this with everyone again. If you can only watch one of these two shows, I highly recommend this one! I don't know if the flexibility of the audience rubbed off on the show, but it felt like it with the setlist which was terrific and different than last night. Everything felt laid back and Jeff was very talkative. 

Of interest to no one but us two, the “Say It Plain” song seems to have been listed on the printed setlist as “Universe,” so I guess you were right!

2 hours ago, bböp said:

Of interest to no one but us two, the “Say It Plain” song seems to have been listed on the printed setlist as “Universe,” so I guess you were right!

Well, there are at least three of us who care.

The Tweedy Show Thursday July 22 Episode 198

-- Jeff welcomes the clients to the Tweedy Show.
# animated intro on screen. 
{some glitching causes the opening intro to pause which leads to an abrupt ending.}
{Take 2}
-- Jeff welcomes the clients again.
Your Power (Billie Eilish cover)
-- Jeff admits that he was in the top 1% of Angry Birds Players. He blames it on his IBS. 
It Must Be Love (Labi Siffre cover. Spencer on thigh slaps & backing vocals.)
-- Jeff shows his shoes to the clients. Susie has the clients vote on the shoes being cute or hideous, while Jeff texts Pat Sansone.
-- Jeff talks about his Harmony 12 string guitar made into a rubber bridge by Reuben @ Old Style in Los Angeles.
-- Jeff discusses his fake band named Haggis that he has written songs & reviews for. Haggis is a glam band from Scotland with a lead singer named Rusty Gooseneck.
-- Susie shows baby pictures of herself and Jeff.
White Wooden Cross (Spencer on thigh slaps and backing vocals.)
-- Susie shows some more family photos.
Ambulance (new song last played on episode 166.)
-- Jeff says that the song doesn't have a title yet, but that the recapper should call it Ambulance. I Made A Friend In An Ambulance, Blue Light and I'm Busy Dying are the other titles being considered by Jeff. 
Drivin' On 9 (Ed's Redeeming Qualities cover sung by Casey with Spencer on guitar & backing vocals.)
-- "Happy Birthday, Steve Albini!"
-- Jeff wants to learn the guitar solo for The Scorpions' Sails Of Charon. 
-- Susie calms down the clients that are worried that the show is coming to an end. She explains that Jeff is about to go on tour and there will be a hiatus. When Jeff comes back, they will try to do some shows.
-- Sammy chats for a bit via FaceTime.
-- Susie confirms that there are 2 shows left, before the tour starts in August. Jeff asks the clients what they want to see on the 200th episode. Jeff hints at another bathtub show and Susie wants a nipslip from Jeff. Jeff wants to find a plastic guitar that he can play in the tub. 

10 hours ago, u2roolz said:

-- Jeff discusses his fake band named Haggis that he has written songs & reviews for. Haggis is a glam band from Scotland with a lead singer named Rusty Gooseneck.

Digging the first double A-side single "Nippy in the Trossachs" / "Bottle of Bucky (Girl you are my Commotion Lotion)"

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, u2roolz said:

The Tweedy Show Thursday July 22 Episode 198

Ambulance (new song last played on episode 166.)
-- Jeff says that the song doesn't have a title yet, but that the recapper should call it Ambulance. I Made A Friend In An Ambulance, Blue Light and I'm Busy Dying are the other titles being considered by Jeff. 

Can we all get a shoutout for #TheRecapper ? C’mon, people!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, bböp said:

Can we all get a shoutout for #TheRecapper ? C’mon, people!

The Recapper deserves a silk superhero cape!

Thank you for your hours and hours of attention to detail, RecapMan. 😘

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Submitted for your consideration:

It’s a bird…it’s a plane…it’s The Recapper! :banana

and

If I was a bird and you was a fish, what would we do? I guess we’d wish for…Recap Nation! Recap Nation! Wouldn’t it be a sensation? :guitar

and

Clap on … clap off…The Recapper! :hug

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

— We have 4 prominent figures in VC complimenting The Recapper on a Friday....

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I might have to buy some parchment paper for the last 2 shows...before the hiatus.

Yours truly, 

Blake Tapper The Recapper

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The Tweedy Show Monday July 26 Episode 199

-- Jeff welcomes the clients to the Tweedy Show. He says that it's just him & Susie tonight, so no video intro.
-- Susie announces that they received another Box Full Of Letters from the clients. 
-- Jeff announces his newsletter called Starship Casual on Substack. 
@jefftweedy.substack.com/client

Right now there is Early Bird pricing for the clients. If you sign up for free, you will receive a list of pet names. Once a week for free, you'll get a newsletter from Jeff or a song. Once a week on the paid side, you'll get a lot of songs in progress, talking about songs and stories that didn't make it into his books. He might start a Petty Crime podcast. At least an album's worth of songs that you wouldn't be able to get anywhere else. It might be songs that get finished somewhere else. He wants to do what he's been trying to do with The Tweedy Show by feeling a connection. He wants to have an advice column called "Dear Jeffy or Go Ask Susie." Jeff is excited about it. Jeff explains the Founding Member price which will include some perks like a single, first in line for ticket sales. The details haven't been finalized yet. 
-- Jeff & Susie discuss the Olympics. 
Life In Vain (Daniel Johnston cover)
-- "Happy Birthday, Lori!"
-- Jeff talks about a documentary that he watched on HBO Max or Hulu about women's Olympics diving. 
-- Jeff asks if any of the clients follow anyone on Substack like Neko Case or Patti Smith. [Thanks to Lukestar for pointing out that it’s Neko Case  & not Nico.]
-- "Happy Birthday, Mick Jagger!"
A Long Time Ago (Golden Smog cover)
-- Jeff talks a bit more about his Substack.
-- Susie wants Jeff to play a song for Mick Jagger's birthday. 
-- Jeff strums & sings some of The Rolling Stones' Start Me Up. 
{wifi issues. Stream ends}
-- Susie asks Jeff what her first concert was. Jeff has some trouble remembering. Susie finally reveals that it was Jethro Tull. 
One And A Half Stars 
-- Jeff explains how he came up with the title One And A Half Stars. He says One And A Half Stars is kind of a self pitying kind of thing. That song is very emotional to him and he was joking about how the songs that mean the most to him would get 1 & 1/2 stars. He doesn't understand how music critics rate it. 
-- Susie wants Jeff to tell the clients the first concert that he went to. It was Sing A Long with Mitch Miller @ ASU with his sister. 
-- Jeff talks about the first singles that he bought: Pilot's Magic and Aerosmith's Dream On. 
-- Jeff's first record that he bought was Parallel Lines by Blondie. 
-- Susie asks what the clients want to see on the last show before the break. Susie wants Paul to come over for the show before the break. 
Please Be Wrong 
-- Susie tells Peter that one of the requests for the last show is for Jeff & Peter to be in the tub together. 
-- Jeff explains that he plays Reincarnation with whatever key his guitar is in at the end of the show. 
-- Jeff does a Keith Richard impression. 
-- Jeff does a Peter Miller impression. 
-- Jeff is looking forward to the 200th episode. He wants to renew his vows with Susie.

I need to listen to the Substack membership breakdowns again, so take what I wrote with 65% confidence. Edit: I added some more info about this exciting news. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, King oscar said:

I am out of the loop on Jeff's world renown pet naming services.  Please fill me in.  

My pet already has a name and a pedigree name, however I think a Tweedy name is needed. Incidentally, my other half wanted to call him Jeff Tweedy as Gilmore Girls/Paul Anker reference...

5 hours ago, SleepThinkers said:

My pet already has a name and a pedigree name, however I think a Tweedy name is needed. Incidentally, my other half wanted to call him Jeff Tweedy as Gilmore Girls/Paul Anker reference...

Our dog's Tweedy name is now Daphne.

• Like 1