20 hours ago, u2roolz said:

Backstage at Largo 

Friday February 25

Orphan (Spencer on thigh slaps. Macie Stewart & Sima Cunningham on backing vocals.)

— Jeff explains that they are backstage at Largo at the Coronet Theater. 
— Jeff gets his “game face” on, as do the rest of the band. 
— Jeff can’t reveal who’s next door in the backstage area because it’s a surprise for the audience. Susie says that the surprise was ruined on social media by using the surprise guest’s initials. Jeff jokes “how do they know it’s not Norm Oscarberg.” 
— the band members give Susie their names & ages. 
The Losing End (Neil Young cover. Spencer on thigh claps & backing vocals. Macie, Sima, Liam & Sammy on backing vocals. James Elkington on an unplugged electric guitar.)

It Must Be Love (Labi Siffre cover. Spencer, Macie, Sima & Sammy on backing vocals and thigh slaps. James Elkington on electric guitar.)

— Jeff hopes that the show gets picked up, while they’re out in Los Angeles. 

We were all treated to a very surprise stream of the backstage rehearsal. I sure hope that Norm Oscarberg was a hit tonight. 

Norm was terrific, and he even had a surprise guest of his own, his former castmate Jason O' Hara! :monkey:rotfl

• Haha 1
  • Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Friends - I have finally updated the Tweedy Show mp3 archive (over 2,000 song files). All files have been meticulously logged and tagged so they can be easily filtered, searched, and sorted - in iT

I appreciate the accolades, but seriously, all the real credit goes to @u2roolz. The two or three times I filled in for him really showed me how truly dedicated he’s been to this project. It’s fairly

The Tweedy Show Monday December 26 Episode 217 —Sammy welcomes the clients to The Tweedy Show.  —Susie is upset that she sees her reflection in the tv.  —“Hi, everyone! We forgot how to

Posted Images

Largo night 4 encore
Monday February 28

— an usher comes over to tell Susie that there’s no filming. She tells him that she’s his wife. 
— the audience shouts requests at Jeff.

Save It For Me (with Sammy on backing vocals.) 

Smothered In Hugs (Guided By Voices cover sung by Sammy.)

— Jeff asks for requests from the audience. He jokes that they’re shitty requests. An audience member asks Jeff why he asks for requests. Jeff says to kill time, for human connection and to see if people know his songs. 
California Stars 

— Jeff says that he knows someone who makes wooden butt plugs. Jeff quickly admits that it’s one of Nick Offerman’s bits. An audience member screams out that they wouldn’t want splinters which leads to a brief discussion about splinters. 
Radio King

— Jeff talks about the DeLorean at the birthday party next door to Danny’s house. 
I’m The Man Who Loves You (dedicated to Susie.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Tweedy Show Tuesday March 1 Episode 213

-- Jeff says that the curtains have followed them to Los Angeles & welcomes the clients to The Tweedy Show. Susie walks from backstage to a spot in the audience. 
Out For A Walk (aka Circumcised)
Via Chicago
"Tired Of Taking It"
-- Jeff says that's the first time that he's performed that outside of a recording studio.
Either Way
Reservations 
Gwendolyn 
"High On A Cloud"
Sunken Treasure 
Locator 
Lou Reed Was My Babysitter
You Are Not Alone
Ain't No Doubt About It 
Hints
We've Been Had
Family Ghost 
Hate It Here
Pecan Pie
--encore--
Thirteen (Big Star cover sung by Sammy.)
A Robin Or A Wren (with Sammy on backing vocals.)

That was a pleasant surprise to experience the whole show this evening. Wasn’t expecting that. Thanks to David Handelman for giving me the heads up! Thanks once again to Susie for streaming it to all of us! Oh! And a big thanks to Brian F. for taking a pic of Monday night’s setlist which had some of the new songs’ working titles. That helped me out on the third song of the evening. 

I’ll go skimpy on the notes, since it’s later than usual. Plus, Paul should have a great recap coming soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Friends - I have finally updated the Tweedy Show mp3 archive (over 2,000 song files). All files have been meticulously logged and tagged so they can be easily filtered, searched, and sorted - in iTunes or similar. 

Please email me at wilcovault@gmail.com to request the download link (please keep private and only share with friends/family). 

My long term goal is to do a similar treatment for all the files in the Owl and Bear archive! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • 3 months later...

The Tweedy Show Friday July 8 Episode 214

-- Jeff welcomes the clients to The Tweedy Show.
-- Susie says that it's been a long time since we've seen each other. She mentions that it's episode 214. 
-- Susie explains that Spencer & Casey have Covid. She says that Spencer took 90 Covid tests and tested positive on the 91st test. Spencer explains that he is in the 10th day, but still wants to wear a mask for safety precautions. 
-- Jeff addresses his hip issues that he talked about in a recent Chit-Chat Check-In. He says that he is doing fine today. He also talks about the story he mentioned in the same post where he told someone that their son would have another birthday, in regards to whether or not they would see the "Philco" show, due to it falling on his son's birthday. 
-- Jeff says that he felt like it was time to say "hi" and decided to do an episode tonight. 
-- Jeff & Susie say "hi" to Nikki Glaser in the comments. 
Ambulance
-- Sammy enters the room. 
Mi Shebeirach (Debbie Friedman cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals.) (dedicated to women's rights.)
Before Tonight (Souled American cover. Spencer on backing vocals & thigh slaps. Sammy on backing vocals.)
-- Susie mentions that the animals outside Lounge Ax were made by Jamey Barnard. Spencer shows the clients a monkey that Jamey Barnard made that was outside Lounge Ax. {Corrected Monday July 11. Thanks to Paul Suwan for the correct name!}
-- Jeff explains that the Cruel Country vinyl should be out as soon as possible, but mentions that supply chain issues are causing backups. 
Close My Eyes (Arthur Russell cover sung by Sammy. Spencer on backing vocals.)
Houses (Elyse Weinberg cover sung & performed on drums by Spencer.)
-- Spencer mentions that Neil Young plays guitar on the song. 
-- Susie asks Nikki Glaser when the Wilco 
Carpool Karaoke is going to be on Apple TV+. (No response, as of press time. Edit: Nikki comes back in the chat to say that she has no idea when it will premiere.)
-- Sammy gives high praise for the Elvis movie. 
No Place To Fall (Townes Van Zandt cover. Spencer on drums.) 
[the glitch is back]
-- Jeff tries to do the Townes Van Zandt cover again, but stops it short.
She's My Rock (Stoney Edwards cover. Spencer on drums & backing vocals.)
-- Jeff explains that Ronnie Milsaps' wife, Sharon K. Dobbins, wrote the song. It was first recorded by Stoney Edwards, then by George Jones.
-- Jeff talks about meeting David Byrne at Solid Sound. He says that he was quirky and delightful. 
Bad Day Lately (Spencer on drums. Jeff on electric guitar.)
Cosmic Dancer (T. Rex cover sung by Sammy. Spencer on drums. Jeff on electric guitar.)
Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover)
-- Jeff jams out on the electric guitar on some Link Wray sounding tune. 
-- Susie makes sure Jeff talks about his upcoming free show at Millennium Park on July 21st. He says that he will be playing with the Jeff Tweedy Band. 
-- Jeff does not know when there will be another Tweedy Show again. 

• Thanks 3

That was exactly the balm my soul needed. I've spent the past two days re-arranging closets and furniture, and was losing my steam to finish the job, but I put on the Tweedys and sailed through the rest of my work happily. I'm still glowing. I love this family. :wub

• Like 1
On 7/8/2022 at 11:09 PM, u2roolz said:

Before Tonight (Souled American cover. Spencer on backing vocals & thigh slaps. Sammy on backing vocals.)

-- Susie mentions that the animals outside Lounge Ax were made by “Janie Lanard” [didn’t catch the name. Will figure it out soon.] Spencer shows the clients a monkey that “Janie Lanard” made that was outside Lounge Ax.

Pretty sure she was referring to former SA drummer Jamey Barnard, fwiw. Sadly I never got to go to Lounge Ax (top five regret!), so I wasn't familiar with the wooden animals!

Anyway, here's a short bio of Souled American for the uninitiated. Clearly an influence on Jeff.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The Tweedy Show Thursday July 21 Episode 215 at Millennium Park in Chicago (Jeff Tweedy & Band)

Evergreen 

Love Is The King

A Robin Or A Wren

Opaline

Gwendolyn 

I Know What It’s Like

Save It For Me

The Red Brick

Warm (When The Sun Has Died)

Don’t Forget 

Half-Asleep

Low Key

Natural Disaster 

World Away 

Bombs Above

Some Birds

You Are Not Alone 

Let’s Go Rain

Guess Again

Family Ghost 

It Must Be Love (Labi Siffre cover)

Helpless (Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young cover sung by Sammy.)

California Stars (with The People’s Music School SLAM Ensemble) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
On 8/27/2022 at 12:45 PM, lucca said:

are the tweedy shows no longer stored on the instagram page?

Sorry for the late reply, but I wanted to do a thorough check. I only see the July 8, 2022 & December 31, 2020 episodes on the Stuffinourhouse Instagram page. The page appears to be missing an icon to click on that’s on the Instagram App. It’s that little TV icon that hosts “all”of the past episodes. Maybe this is to force people to download the app? Edit: I should clarify that this is how it looks on my iPhone. Perhaps the webpage is different on a desktop. 🤷🏻‍♂️

The app is the first picture.

B13FE170-1F1E-453E-91F9-B029C764994D.jpeg

E68FDDC3-5BB1-4C46-B61A-2519A982AAB5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

The Tweedy Show Sunday October 9 Episode 216

[Wilco Live At Carol’s Pub 9pm show]

Tonight I’ll Be Here Staying With You (Bob Dylan cover)

I Am My Mother 

Cruel Country 

Far, Far Away 

Forget The Flowers 

That’s How I Got To Memphis (Tom T. Hall cover)

It’s Just That Simple

New Madrid (Uncle Tupelo cover)

She’s My Rock (Stoney Edwards cover)

Someday Soon 

Hesitating Beauty 

The Death Of The Last Stripper (Terry Allen & The Panhandle Mystery Band cover)

A Lifetime To Find

Give Back The Key To My Heart (Doug Sahm cover)

Falling Apart (Right Now)

U.S. Blues (Grateful Dead cover)

Thank you, Susie for filming that! 👍❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

*** not technically a Tweedy Show, but Susie filmed the second half of the 11pm show from Carol’s Pub on her IG.**

A Lifetime To Find

• Like 1
1 hour ago, u2roolz said:

*** not technically a Tweedy Show, but Susie filmed the second half of the 11pm show from Carol’s Pub on her IG.**

A Lifetime To Find

On the spreadsheet I made the notation "(twice)" for all of these except Reincarnation. 

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

The Tweedy Show Monday December 26 Episode 217

—Sammy welcomes the clients to The Tweedy Show. 

—Susie is upset that she sees her reflection in the tv. 

—“Hi, everyone! We forgot how to do a show.” - Susie

—Peter says “Hi, there!” from the Amazon Alexa. 

— Jeff jokes that it’s been a long time and they’re going to just reminisce about old episodes and show clips. 

— Susie explains to Jeff that saying “D-i-a-n-e” will cause Instagram to glitch. 

— Susie shows Steven Keene album art. 

Little Lies (Fleetwood Mac cover)

“I’m Only The Moon” (abandoned early)

— Jeff jokes that he wanted to write a song that the moon could sing. He checks his phone to see which lyrics he forgot. 

—Jeff finishes the last verse of “I’m Only The Moon”. 

Ghosts Of American Astronauts (The Mekons cover sung by Sammy. Spencer on thigh slaps & backing vocals.)

— Sammy mentions that they just saw Jon Langford perform at the Letters To Santa show last week.

— Susie says that it’s really nice to see the clients talking to each other again in the chat. 

—Jeff strums the beginning of Henry Mancini’s Pink Panther theme, while Spencer snaps his fingers. 

— Jeff explains that the upcoming Largo shows will be with no band. 

— Susie isn’t sure if she will stream at Largo. 

Nobody ‘Cept You (Bob Dylan cover sung & performed on guitar by Spencer.)

The Tunnel At The End Of The Light (first time that Jeff has given the name of the song.)

— Susie shows the clients their Hanukkah tree. 

— Spencer calls out Barack Obama for not including Cruel Country on his year end list. 

— Susie shows Lemmy. 

Hot Sun (last played on Ep 167 & 189. The Glitch’ cuts out most of the song.) [Thank you to Monty for pointing out that was played again on Ep 189 when Jeff gave the title of Hot Sun.👍]

Save It For Me (with Sammy on backing vocals. Spencer on backing vocals & thigh slaps.)

—“do they want Box Full Of Letters because it’s political now?” - Jeff 

Gwendolyn (Spencer on drums.)

Helpless (Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young cover sung by Sammy. Spencer on drums & backing vocals. Jeff on backing vocals.)

— Jeff says that they should relearn Neil Young’s Razor Love. 

Soldier Child (unreleased song, although Spencer correctly claims that it’s on Jeff’s Substack. Spencer on drums.)

— Susie jokes that all of the 8 year olds are now 11. 

— the Bullet Hole update. 

— Jeff plays the solo of The Cars’ Just What I Needed. 

— Jeff mentions that he wants to do another episode, while Sammy & Spencer are home on break. 

— Jeff wants to do a Party Countdown with The Tweedy Show on New Year’s Eve. 

VC was down for me the same night at this episode, but I was able to get on today. Excellent surprise to see everyone, hear some new songs and have great family banter. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • 2 weeks later...

The Tweedy Show Sunday January 8 Episode 218 @ Largo

Tonight I’ll Be Staying Here With You (Bob Dylan cover)

Having Been Is No Way To Be 

Gwendolyn 

Tunnel At The End Of The Light

Family Ghost 

On And On And On

I’ll Fight

Normal American Kids

Radio King (Golden Smog cover)

In A Future Age

Kamera

Impossible Germany 

Story To Tell 

Evicted From Your Heart

Kooks (David Bowie cover)

Jesus, Etc. 

——————

We’ve Been Had (Uncle Tupelo cover)

Save It For Me (w/ Sammy & Spencer on backing vocals)

Evergreen (w/ Sammy & Spencer on backing vocals)

———————

California Stars 

Thank you to Susie for filming the show tonight. Unexpected, but always welcome. And catch Paul’s recap for Banter Corner. Or just watch the concert. 

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, tweedynerd said:

@u2roolz - "Nothing New" and "Evicted From Your Heart" are two different songs. I don't believe "Nothing New" was played tonight at Largo (night 4) on the Tweedy show. 

Yeah, I made an edit which didn’t save for some reason. Then I edited it yet again to mention that “Nothing New” is listed as Having A Hard Time on WilcoWorld.

The title Nothing New is claimed to have been seen from a setlist for the show on the 5th. That’s where the issue came from. I took a look over at Setlist FM to look into the new songs to see if anyone saw a setlist. 

I deleted it all figuring no one would ever see it. Lol! It got confusing. Guess it’s always best to check WilcoWorld over Setlist FM. 

edit: I guess it could be any song, actually. As far as I remember, Jeff uses a list of songs (in no particular order) to choose from during his solo shows. So maybe it is a new song that he hasn’t gotten around to playing yet. Or Setlist FM is wrong. 

• Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, u2roolz said:

Yeah, I made an edit which didn’t save for some reason. Then I edited it yet again to mention that “Nothing New” is listed as Having A Hard Time on WilcoWorld.

The title Nothing New is claimed to have been seen from a setlist for the show on the 5th. That’s where the issue came from. I took a look over at Setlist FM to look into the new songs to see if anyone saw a setlist. 

I deleted it all figuring no one would ever see it. Lol! It got confusing. Guess it’s always best to check WilcoWorld over Setlist FM. 

edit: I guess it could be any song, actually. As far as I remember, Jeff uses a list of songs (in no particular order) to choose from during his solo shows. So maybe it is a new song that he hasn’t gotten around to playing yet. Or Setlist FM is wrong. 

Just for the record, I went with Having A Hard Time for the title of the song in question because Wilcoworld actually posted the setlist for the first Largo show on Jan. 5 before I finished my recap/setlist post here. I originally called it "It's Nothing New" as well, but changed it in deference to what Wilcoworld had. I hear that someone may have seen a song listed as "Nothing New" on a physical setlist at the show, which is almost certainly where the confusion stems from. So until Jeff clarifies it or the song is released with one title or the other, we won't know for sure.

Either way, I wouldn't completely trust Setlist.fm on anything. It's a nice resource to have, but I'm sure there are also errors on there as with any Wiki-type database that anyone can contribute to or change. Very occasionally Wilcoworld has an error, too. Nobody's perfect, but I would tend to defer to Wilcoworld on song titles unless Jeff himself clarifies it either during a show, on the Tweedy Show or on his Substack.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1