• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Friends - I have finally updated the Tweedy Show mp3 archive (over 2,000 song files). All files have been meticulously logged and tagged so they can be easily filtered, searched, and sorted - in iT

I appreciate the accolades, but seriously, all the real credit goes to @u2roolz. The two or three times I filled in for him really showed me how truly dedicated he’s been to this project. It’s fairly

The Tweedy Show Monday December 26 Episode 217 —Sammy welcomes the clients to The Tweedy Show.  —Susie is upset that she sees her reflection in the tv.  —“Hi, everyone! We forgot how to

Posted Images

Damn that last-show-for-awhile made me wistful. Thank you, dearest Tweedys, for helping us all navigate the last year and a half of scary pandemic weirdness!

Y'all are the very BEST.💙💗💜💙💗💜

• Like 1

The Tweedy Show, Thursday July 29, Episode 200

-Show opens with Jeff welcoming everyone to episode #200 while sitting in the bathtub, as in episodes 1 and 100.

-He wonders if he should do an entire show of Paul's requests, and asks Paul if he has any requests.

-Camera pans left to reveal Paul sitting in the tub at the other end. He says he does have requests.

-Susie and Spencer go downstairs and call Peter on the PedroBot while Jeff and Paul change into dry clothes.

-Jeff puts workboots on without socks.

That's How I Got To Memphis (Tom T. Hall cover sung by Spencer with Jeff on guitar)

-Susie and Jeff broke down and started reading the clients' box full of letters without waiting for the kids to be there for it.

-Much discussion of the special 200th Episode drawing done by Jeff Knurek, which is posted on the various socials.

I Love You (Billie Eilish cover)

-Jeff answers client question, saying Solid Sound tickets will go on sale soon, but he doesn't know the exact date.

[As previously announced, the festival itself will be held May 27-29, 2022, at Mass MoCA]

-Sammy calls in on Spencer's phone. There is some talk about his haircut before a very long glitch causes Susie to have to stop and re-start the show.

-Spencer says when the show returns from hiatus* perhaps it will be on a different platform.

[*This is not the last show ever, but it is the last show for awhile as Jeff and Wilco are returning to touring.]

Even I Can See

-Client suggests a raffle to win a free bath with Jeff.

Close My Eyes (Arthur Russell cover, for Sammy, sung by Jeff with Spencer on backing vocals)

-Susie didn't like the country music playing in her doctor's office.

-Susie and Jeff read some of the label-maker labels stuck all over the box of letters from the clients, which have lots of catchphrases taken from the show.

-Some discussion of Jeff's great haircut.

-Discussion of Dymo embossing label makers and their usefulness.

-Paul will not sing a song.

-Jeff predicts that Wilco will play on some Sleater-Kinney songs while they're on tour together.

-Susie didn't know some of the crew did an AMA earlier in the day.

-Jeff says he even misses the parts of touring that he hates.

Lou Reed Was My Babysitter

-Wilco doesn't like this song.

-Happy birthday shout out to Tara.

Wild World (Cat Stevens cover sung by Spencer with Jeff on guitar and backing vocals

-Spencer and Paul have short "dance party" while playing I'll Take You There on the jukebox.

-Susie shows the PEZ wall, her new bowling pin, a lot of pyrex, and a Thermos collection.

-Susie loves Con-Ed savings days, and is better at saving money on those days than anyone else in the family

-Wilco used to buy carbon credits, but eventually learned that it was pointless.

-Jeff says he doesn't take many baths, Susie says he takes a lot of baths.

-Jeff encourages everyone who is eligible for the covid vaccine to get it as soon as possible.

A Shot In The Arm (Spencer on backing vocals)

-All Tweedys thank the clients for showing up, creating the client community, and for all the charitable contributions we've made.

Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover)

• Thanks 1

It was a fun way to go into the hiatus. Thanks to the above named VCers for their efforts to recap the shows for us. And for those who'll be seeing Wilco on the road, enjoy for me! 

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, ZiggyBratwurst said:

-Camera pans left to reveal Paul sitting in the tub at the other end. He says he does have requests.

A genuine laugh out load moment when I read that.

How long does it take episodes to get uploaded to YouTube these days? I will have to look out for No. 200.

P.S. Thanks for the summaries from me too. I don't watch what with the time difference, but special episodes like this I will try to catch.

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, TCP said:

Big thanks to @u2roolz and @ZiggyBratwurst for their note taking over the past 200 episodes!

12 hours ago, kidsmoke said:

Yes, hear hear! Thanks so much to you both for all your meticulous note-taking! :thumbup :spider

5 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

A genuine laugh out load moment when I read that.

How long does it take episodes to get uploaded to YouTube these days? I will have to look out for No. 200.

P.S. Thanks for the summaries from me too. I don't watch what with the time difference, but special episodes like this I will try to catch.

I appreciate the accolades, but seriously, all the real credit goes to @u2roolz. The two or three times I filled in for him really showed me how truly dedicated he’s been to this project. It’s fairly easy for me to jot down the songs they play and then type them into the spreadsheet the next morning. Trying to catch everything they talk about, the client comments they’re responding to, and all the other nuances @u2roolz captures in these recaps is a next-level commitment. My hat is off to him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I know it wasn't "officially" an episode of The Tweedy Show last night, and I don't know how long the stream will be available to watch on Instagram. Or if it will be saved somewhere for posterity. But in the interest of complete-ness I felt compelled to add the songs from last night to the spreadsheet. So they are listed separately, aaaallllllll the way down at the bottom of the list under their own heading.

• 3 weeks later...

The Tweedy Show Thursday September 2 Episode 201

-- Sammy welcomes the clients to the Tweedy Show. 
-- Sammy, Eugenia, Spencer & Susie are there. 
-- Jeff jokes that they recast Sammy with a mulletted actor. 
-- The word "computer" drives Alexa crazy. 
-- Jeff jokes that Paul is still in the tub. 
-- Spencer says that he celebrated Paul's birthday with him in Indiana. 
-- Jeff thanks the clients for hanging out in Starship Casual. 
Mi Shebeirach (Debbie Friedman cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals.)
Holy Ghost (Low cover sung by Sammy. Spencer on drums.)
-- Sammy (re)introduces his girlfriend, Eugenia, to the clients. 
Save It For Me (Sammy on backing vocals. Spencer on drums.)
-- Jeff mentions that the song was an homage to the first episode. 
-- Jeff talks about the 2 backstage swimming pools that the bands got to enjoy during the It's Time tour. He mentions the pool party that Wilco had with Sleater-Kinney & NNAMDI at the Merriweather show.
An Empty Corner (Spencer on thigh slaps.)
-- Jeff asks Sammy to tell him about the original songs that he recorded at summer camp. Jeff reminisces laughing about You're Bleeding which was an album title that a 10 year old girl came up with.
Only Love Can Break Your Heart (Neil Young cover. Spencer on drums & backing vocals.)
Moonlight Mile (The Rolling Stones cover sung & performed on drums by Spencer.)
-- Spencer thanks Charlie Watts & does an imitation of him. 
Honky Tonk Women (The Rolling Stones cover. Spencer on drums & backing vocals. Sammy on cowbell.)
-- Jeff recommends Spencer to The Rolling Stones. 
-- Spencer shows the picture of a terrified Sammy posing with The Rolling Stones & Wilco. 
-- Neil Finn, Charlie Watts, Jack Johnson, Dave Matthews, & Scott McCaughey are the nicest guys in rock, according to Susie and Jeff. 
-- The nicest Wilco member is discussed. John seems to be the front runner. 
-- Susie & Jeff talk about Susie's hater on Facebook. Jeff thinks that the same guy was on Substack. 
-- Susie tells the clients to stay tuned to see when the next episode will be. Jeff thinks that he might leave on Thursday or Friday for the next tour dates. 

13 minutes ago, calvino said:

Need to seek out that Moonlight Mile version ------ what did they say about Grohl? 

Somehow they got on the subject of the nicest person in rock music.  Grohl’s name came up, and Jeff jeered.  He said “I didn’t know we needed a Mayor of Rock.”  

My opinion is that Grohl has been laying the nice guy, “Make A Wish Foo-ndation” routine (I just made that up and I’m keeping it 😂) a little thick and it’s become cloying and obnoxious.  Jeff’s response strongly suggests that he shares that opinion.

No offense intended towards the Make a Wish Foundation.

In fairness, Jeff did say that Grohl has been nice to him every time they’ve met.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jff said:

In fairness, Jeff did say that Grohl has been nice to him every time they’ve met.

I think I've shared on here in the Someone Else's Song section- I met Grohl randomly at a cheesy Los Angeles club. I approached him and we proceeded to talk enthusiastically about rock music for a solid 5 minutes. No one else was around, he could have totally snubbed me, but he seemed legitimately psyched to hang out and talk.

Nice dude.

I can appreciate people feel some media fatigue from him though.

31 minutes ago, DiamondClaw said:

I have to believe that Tweedy's anti-Grohl thing is more of a shtick now, right? I can't see him really disliking the guy at this point.

There was no indication that he dislikes Grohl personally. It came across to me more that his antics have become tiresome. He’s such an over the top self promoter that Tweedy probably doesn’t want to give him any free oxygen.

1 hour ago, SleepThinkers said:

I met David Grohl twice in the space of a month playing festivals and he was a tremendous guy. He is kind of the Mayor of Rock though.

I agree I met him once albeit in the late 90’s he was super nice and chatted to me and a few other fans for several minutes.

• 4 weeks later...

The Tweedy Show Monday September 27 Episode 202

-- Spencer welcomes the clients to the Tweedy Show.

— Jeff & Susie both say that it's been a long time, since the last episode.

— Susie finds out that Paul is at a Squeeze concert which prompts Jeff to sing brief bits of Pulling Muscles (From The Shell) & Tempted. Jeff also mentions that he doesn't know the guys from Squeeze.

Say I Love You Again (Last played on April 12th when it was untitled. It could also be titled Say You Love Me Again, according to Jeff. Spencer on thigh slaps & backing vocals.)

-- Jeff sings a few lines of Someday Soon to make Paul jealous.

Kiss (Prince cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums & backing vocals. Jeff on electric guitar.)

-- Jeff shows off his Vans shoes to the clients.
— Sammy shows the clients some Devo socks.
-- Jeff & Sammy discuss Slipknot.

-- Jeff & Spencer play bits of some Devo songs.

I'll Fight (Dedicated to Bryn in honor of her late son, Michael. Spencer on drums.)

-- Susie tells a joke: what's the difference between a plum & an elephant?

-- Jeff got the booster shot & flu shot today.

-- Jeff explains how he got involved with recording the Ted Lasso theme song. Sam Jones, the director of I Am Trying To Break Your Heart, directed that episode of Ted Lasso and reached out to Jeff to record a finger picked/Paul Simon-esque recording which he sent Sam in about 6 hours. Jim Elkington is also playing on the song.

Cruel To Be Kind (Nick Lowe cover sung by Sammy. Spencer on drums & backing vocals.)

-- Susie tells the clients to check out "other" Kendall's Instagram page: No Thank You No Thanks for cat hats. https://www.instagram.com/nothankyounothanks/?hl=en 

—Jeff asks the clients if they are going to his solo shows this Thursday and Friday.
— Susie mentions that Jeff is leaving for a month to go on tour.

-- Jeff sings a few lines of the Ted Lasso theme song.

Art Of Almost (Spencer on drums.)

-- Jeff explains that they just played Art Of Almost how it was originally recorded.

Who Loves The Sun (The Velvet Underground cover sung & performed on drums by Spencer. Jeff on backing vocals.)

-- Jeff, Spencer & Sammy discuss whether or not they have played any Roy Orbison songs.

Crying (Roy Orbison cover sung by Sammy with Spencer on drums.)

Dig A Pony (The Beatles cover with Spencer on drums & backing vocals. Sammy on backing vocals.)

-- Jeff & Spencer play some of Television's Marquee Moon, but Jeff jokes that they don't have enough time to play it.

-- Susie addresses when the next episode will be. Jeff says most likely November, unless he can convince Susie to join him on tour.