• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Friends - I have finally updated the Tweedy Show mp3 archive (over 2,000 song files). All files have been meticulously logged and tagged so they can be easily filtered, searched, and sorted - in iT

I appreciate the accolades, but seriously, all the real credit goes to @u2roolz. The two or three times I filled in for him really showed me how truly dedicated he’s been to this project. It’s fairly

The Tweedy Show Monday December 26 Episode 217 —Sammy welcomes the clients to The Tweedy Show.  —Susie is upset that she sees her reflection in the tv.  —“Hi, everyone! We forgot how to

Posted Images

The Tweedy Show Episode 190 Saturday July 3 (Live from Rockford, IL)

(I Know What It's Like)
(World Away)
(Love Is The King)
A Robin Or A Wren
Opaline
Half-Asleep
Don't Forget
You Are Not Alone
Bombs Above>
Some Birds
Having Been Is No Way To Be
Gwendolyn
Evergreen
Low Key
New Moon
Guess Again
Love Like A Wire [Diane Izzo]
Family Ghost
Natural Disaster
Let's Go Rain
---------------------------------------------
Don't Let Me Down [The Beatles]
Give Back The Key To My Heart [Doug Sahm]
California Stars

I originally wasn't going to count this, but Jeff said that tonight's episode was 191, so we'll go with that and help him try to get to 200 before the tour starts. Thanks to Paul Suwan for the setlist. 

Songs with parentheses were not filmed by Susie. 

The Tweedy Show Monday July 5 Episode 191

-- Jeff welcomes the clients to the Tweedy Show.
# animated intro on screen.
-- Jeff says that he's trying to get episode 200, before Wilco goes out on tour in August. He says that this is episode 191. He wants a very special 200th episode.
-- Jeff asks if anyone was at the show on Saturday evening. 
-- wifi talk
Love Like A Wire (Diane Izzo cover w Spencer on thigh slaps & backing vocals.)
-- Jeff & Spencer abandon Low's Always Trying To Work Out because Jeff wants to sing it properly.
Always Trying To Work It Out (Low cover with Spencer on thigh slaps & backing vocals.)
-- Jeff claims that he's going to perform the Low song perfectly on episode 200.
-- Susie clears up any confusion that Jeff wants to hit episode 200 before Wilco hits the road, but they should return once the tour ends. Jeff wants a nice round number.
-- Jeff & Susie discuss the show on Saturday. Jeff talks about Susie filming the show and the sound at the venue. 
-- Jeff, Susie and Spencer discuss the etymology of the word queer. 
-- Jeff, Susie and Spencer discuss Questlove's Summer Of Love documentary on Hulu. Susie wants to watch it on the big screen. Jeff talks about Questlove and touring with The Roots. 
-- Jeff talks about someone that organizes their record collection by release date. 
Pigeons 
-- Jeff jokes that Pigeons could be a hit years later, if it was in a Volkswagen ad.
Ashes Of American Flags (w Spencer on thigh slaps.)
Small Talk Town (Bobby Charles & Rick Danko cover sung & performed on drums by Spencer. With Jeff on whistles.)
-- Jeff & Spencer do some pajamming on a song that Jeff wrote for Nona Hendryx. Lyrics include "when are you gonna love me?".
-- Jeff talks about going on a hike today and the hikers that he saw on the trail. 
-- Jeff talks about how much he likes his walking stick that he takes with him when he goes on hikes. 
-- Jeff talks about trying to buy turkey from the deli where the deli worker wasn't a meat eater. 
-- Jeff wants to take Paul on a hike. Susie says that Paul was the star of Saturday's show. 
Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover)

5 hours ago, u2roolz said:

The Tweedy Show Episode 190 Saturday July 3 (Live from Rockford, IL)…

…I originally wasn't going to count this, but Jeff said that tonight's episode was 191, so we'll go with that and help him try to get to 200 before the tour starts. Thanks to Paul Suwan for the setlist. 

I had put these songs on the spreadsheet and called it show #189.5. When I add last night’s show later today, I will change this to 190 to match your (Jeff’s) count, and -as always- to keep the spreadsheet in sync with your recaps. 

9 hours ago, ZiggyBratwurst said:

I had put these songs on the spreadsheet and called it show #189.5. When I add last night’s show later today, I will change this to 190 to match your (Jeff’s) count, and -as always- to keep the spreadsheet in sync with your recaps. 

Awesome!
Thank you again!

The Tweedy Show Thursday July 8 Episode 192

-- Jeff & Basil (voiced by Spencer) welcome the clients to the Tweedy Show.
-- Jeff is wearing a "prototype" Wilco hat that's currently in research & development. [it's a black hat with a white "O" in the center with the letters "W, I, L, & C" inside the "O".]
-- Susie shows her drum set which came from The Loft. Jeff bought them for Susie 25 years ago and left them there. Spencer plays the drums, while Jeff reads off the titles of the songs. 
Cold-Blooded Old Times (Smog cover with Spencer on hand claps & drums.)
Kooks (David Bowie cover with Spencer on drums.)
-- Susie says that Jeff last played Kooks on episode 71 to which Jeff replies "I remember it well." [one of the clients dropped that info.]
-- Jeff tells Bea's kids to go to bed. 
Dear Employer (The Reason I Quit) (The Minus 5 cover with Spencer on drums & backing vocals.)
Maybe She (Arthur Russell cover with Spencer on drums.)
-- Jeff mentions that Arthur Russell is one of the most covered artists on The Tweedy Show.
-- Spencer tries to FaceTime Sammy, so that he can sing Mi Shebeirach. Sammy FaceTimes from the studio at summer camp and talks about his day.
Mi Shebeirach (Debbie Friedman cover sung by Sammy via FaceTime. Dedicated to the people of Surfside, FL.)
"Prodigal Son" (Case Oats original sung by Casey with Spencer on guitar & backing vocals.)
-- Susie & Jeff welcome Rhett Miller who is in the client chat. 
-- Spencer shows the clients his little suit. 
-- Jeff & Casey discuss & show their chipped teeth. 
You Are Not Alone (with Spencer on thigh slaps & backing vocals.)
-- Jeff & Spencer try to work out John Cale's Gun. [The riff sounds like Only The Lord Knows.]

4 hours ago, u2roolz said:

Dear Employer (The Reason I Quit) (The Minus 5 cover with Spencer on drums & backing vocals.)

It's been a while for that hasn't it? Always wanted to hear that JT solo in person.

3 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

It's been a while for that hasn't it? Always wanted to hear that JT solo in person.

Ah husband Scott should have called in for that. I missed the show last night but that is a great song! I’m so glad I caught the Down with Wilco tour with the Minus 5!

I'm having serious deja vu with Casey's song Prodigal Son. It seemed so familiar to me I was sure she'd done it before, but I don't find it on the spreadsheet or if I run a search in this thread. Weird.

Loved the Smog cover.  Such a great song.  I seem to recall Sammy covering a Smog song from "Rain on Lens" previously.  Bill Callahan is criminally under-appreciated. 

41 minutes ago, Chez said:

Loved the Smog cover.  Such a great song.  I seem to recall Sammy covering a Smog song from "Rain on Lens" previously.  Bill Callahan is criminally under-appreciated. 

Sammy sang River Guard on episode 38

12 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

If we’re to believe Setlist FM, it’s been a bit over 10 years: April 15, 2011 at The Vic. Edited 3 hours later: Oops! It was performed on The Tweedy Show on episode 53. That seems so long ago...

7 hours ago, ZiggyBratwurst said:

I'm having serious deja vu with Casey's song Prodigal Son. It seemed so familiar to me I was sure she'd done it before, but I don't find it on the spreadsheet or if I run a search in this thread. Weird.

It sounded extremely familiar to me too. I know that she said that the alternate title is Buick which doesn’t ring a bell. I’m guessing if she sang it last time, I had to come up with a title for it. 

5 hours ago, Chez said:

I knew I could count on you, Ziggy B.  Thanks.

No problem. Happy to help, but you can also click the link in my signature (below) and check out the spreadsheet any time you want to look up a song. If it gives you an error, try opening it in an incognito window.

The Tweedy Show Monday July 12 Episode 193

-- Jeff welcomes the clients to the Tweedy Show.
-- Susie feels like it's been a long time, since the last episode. Jeff says that they had a longer weekend because he didn't work on Friday. 

-- Jeff claims that he wrote both of his books, while standing in water.

-- Jeff mentions that he had some dental work earlier today.
-- "Happy Birthday, Kendall!" "Happy Birthday, Jennifer

Husbands!” “Happy Birthday, Jonah!" 

-- Jeff jokes that Jonah's no longer missing cat went on a Rumspringa through the city.
-- Jeff recently watched an episode and realized that he was manspreading when he plays guitar on the chair next to the drums. 
Pot Kettle Black (with Spencer on drums. Dedicated to Jennifer Husbands for her birthday.)
-- Jeff & Spencer play a bit of Bright Leaves. Jeff promises to learn it for Thursday's show.
-- Jeff & Susie mention that next Monday's show will most likely be from the road. Jeff says that it might take place from the hot tub at Porches Inn in North Adams.
-- Susie talks about the recent charity auction to win a tour of The Loft and a private concert by Jeff. https://www.accelevents.com/e/kedziecenter2021auction/A/WLC?fbclid=IwAR2TWXgrodVytvdg2reMU10kWbkSsBymlN4EnUpIdYGAfs3IxwX6_C5Vm3Y
-- Spencer comes up with an idea to have a charity auction to go thrift shopping with Susie. 
-- Susie reads one of the client's suggestions to have a charity auction to go hiking with Jeff. Jeff prefers to go hiking alone. 
Love Is The King
-- Spencer FaceTimes Sammy to show Sammy's mullet to the clients. Sammy ponders going full mohawk and thinks that his hair looks British. Jeff tells a story when he was a kid and a friend gave him a rat tail haircut. 
Hints (with Spencer on thigh slaps & backing vocals.)
-- Jeff wants to have "Blurbs": where people send him a blurb that you would write for a fictitious record and he tries to write a song for that record. 
With My Face On The Floor (Emitt Rhodes cover sung & performed on drums by Spencer. With Jeff on electric guitar.)
-- Jeff & Spencer try out Neil Young's Don't Cry No Tears. 
Don't Cry No Tears (Neil Young cover with Spencer on drums & backing vocals. Jeff on electric guitar.)
-- Jeff & Spencer jam briefly on some Dick Dale sounding tune. 
-- Jeff & Spencer try out a little bit of Black Sabbath's War Pigs.
Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover played to the guitar & drum beat of Neu!'s Hallogallo. With Spencer on drums & Jeff on electric guitar. With bits of the Happy Birthday song for Kendall.)
-- Jeff, Susie & Spencer try to figure out the special birthday song for Kendall. Spencer FaceTimes Danny to get the lyrics. Kendall sings her own birthday song, while driving in California. 

Another great show!! As another youngest child, I felt for Sammy tonight!!

Only 7 left right?? Jeff wanted to finish at 200 or am I remembering wrong?

14 hours ago, TCP said:

Another great show!! As another youngest child, I felt for Sammy tonight!!

Only 7 left right?? Jeff wanted to finish at 200 or am I remembering wrong?

I think Jeff wants to hit 200 episodes before the band hits the road. I believe the plan is to return to some sort of format, once the touring ends. Susie addressed this in episode 191 from last Monday, if you want to hear her say it. I might be mixing up a detail or two...

7 hours ago, u2roolz said:

I think Jeff wants to hit 200 episodes before the band hits the road. I believe the plan is to return to some sort of format, once the touring ends. Susie addressed this in episode 191 from last Monday, if you want to hear her say it. I might be mixing up a detail or two...

No, that sounds familiar!! Thanks for the clarification! 

The Tweedy Show Thursday July 15 Episode 194

-- Spencer & Basil welcome the clients to the Tweedy Show.
{wifi issues which cause the stream to end and opening credits run again.}
TAKE 2
-- Spencer explains that Casey is rehearsing for her show this weekend. 
-- Jeff talks about someone who had hiccups for 10 days due to a bowel obstruction. 
-- Jeff thinks that Diane will be at the show this Saturday. 
-- Spencer mentions that he will be playing a show with Ohmme in August. 
-- Susie says that Jeff won't be home for their anniversary. Jeff says that he won't be home for his birthday either. 
Toys Of Time (The Stone Poneys cover sung by Spencer, while also doing knee slaps. Dedicated to Linda Ronstadt for her birthday.)
One By One (Spencer on thigh slaps. Dedicated to Woody Guthrie who would've turned 109 yesterday.)
I Believe In You (Neil Young cover sung & performed on drums by Spencer.)
-- Jeff believes that he's played every song off of Neil Young's After The Gold Rush on The Tweedy Show. 
I Believe In You (Neil Young cover sung & performed on drums by Spencer. 2nd take due to wifi causing pausing issues.)
-- Susie tells Jeff that it's supposed to rain during his set at Mass MoCa this Saturday. Jeff says to bring a ponch. Jeff briefly mentions the rainbow that appeared during the last Solid Sound. 
Come On Darkness (Camper Van Beethoven cover. With Spencer on drums.)
-- Jeff talks about his "persona" that he's been grooming for 30 years, when Susie asks him to shave. 
Desert Bell (with Spencer on drums.)
-- Jeff knows lots of Soul Asylum songs, but doesn't know how to play them yet.
-- Jeff talks about a record exec that showed up drunk during the last song which was Hoodoo Voodoo. 
-- Jeff talks about his past weed adventures where in one such adventure he wound up on a beach in Boston. This leads to a debate about whether or not Boston has beaches. 
Christ For President (with Spencer on drums.)
-- Basil is hungry. Jeff gives Basil some fun names. Basil gives Jeff high fives. 
-- Jeff says that the next show will take place at an undisclosed location. Jeff mentions that it might be from the dressing room. Susie hints that she might go live Saturday. It could be earlier or later because it will take place in the East Coast. She tells the clients to follow the social media page to see which time they choose. 

9 hours ago, u2roolz said:

-- Jeff believes that he's played every song off of Neil Young's After The Gold Rush on The Tweedy Show. 

According to the spreadsheet (and these recaps), they've played 6 out of the 11 songs on After The Gold Rush. The songs they have NOT played are:

Southern Man

Till The Morning Comes

Don't Let It Bring You Down

Birds

When You Dance I Can Really Love

Susie just filmed some of the sound check inside the Hunter Center @ Mass MoCa. I was out food shopping and missed most of it, but it sounded like they were doing Jesus Wept. 

Mass MoCa Soundcheck 
Saturday July 17

Spoiler

Bombs Above (partial)

— Susie gets Jeff & Spencer to say hello to the clients. 
— Spencer drums, while Susie films around the Hunter Center. 
Having Been Is No Way To Be 

— Susie walks behind the stage and finds Nels Cline back there.

— Susie films from the stage which surprises Jeff. He jokes that he’s had fever dreams about this. 
Jesus Wept (Mavis Staples cover. Lyrics by Jeff.)

Desert Bell

Half Asleep (partial)

*** All songs performed by Jeff Tweedy on guitar. Spencer Tweedy on drums. Liam Kazar on bass. 

2 hours ago, ZiggyBratwurst said:

Cannot verify. I was stepping out of the shower and my wife yelled up to me from downstairs to put it on my phone. So I know they also did Half-Asleep (during which she stopped the feed).

I did a little recap of the 20 minute soundcheck that Susie was kind enough to share. I used spoiler text in case there’s people that want to be surprised.

You can find the spoiler button in the toolbar. It’s the little eye next to the quote button.