• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Friends - I have finally updated the Tweedy Show mp3 archive (over 2,000 song files). All files have been meticulously logged and tagged so they can be easily filtered, searched, and sorted - in iT

I appreciate the accolades, but seriously, all the real credit goes to @u2roolz. The two or three times I filled in for him really showed me how truly dedicated he’s been to this project. It’s fairly

The Tweedy Show Monday December 26 Episode 217 —Sammy welcomes the clients to The Tweedy Show.  —Susie is upset that she sees her reflection in the tv.  —“Hi, everyone! We forgot how to

Posted Images

The Tweedy Show Monday June 7 Episode 182

-- Jeff welcomes the clients to the Tweedy Show.
# animated intro on screen.
-- Jeff dedicates Pieholden Suite to a client for their 60th birthday, but abandons the song because he had trouble with a line and had a case of the giggles along with Susie.
Pieholden Suite (dedicated to a client for their 60th birthday.)
-- Susie & Jeff discuss Dr. Dog retiring from touring, but not recording. 
-- Jeff talks about the Friday night drive-in show. He talks about the clients rushing the stage. He jokes that he was scared. 
Circumcised (new song with lyrics It's Easy Beginning When It's Ending. Spencer on backing vocals.)
-- Susie talks about the clients seeing Peter at the drive-in show. Peter said that the show was "unbelievably spectacular".
-- Jeff gives an update on Sammy at his new job. Sammy built a studio today. 
-- Jeff talks about songwriting. He says that he might record some songs in the future and put them on Substack. Jeff explains Substack to the clients. It's a newsletter platform. He may start one in August. 
-- Jeff & Spencer explain the difference between Substack, Patreon & a blog. 
-- Spencer tells Jeff why he's excited about Jeff starting a Substack. 
Small Town Talk (Bobby Charles cover sung & performed on drums by Spencer.)
High As Hello (w Spencer on drums)
-- Spencer talks about Errol Morris directing The Blisters in a Quaker Oats commercial. 
Don't Let Me Down (The Beatles cover w Spencer on drums & backing vocals.)
-- Jeff & Spencer play a bit of Yes' Roundabout. 
-- Jeff & Spencer play a bit of Led Zeppelin's cover of Dazed & Confused. 
-- Jeff, Susie & Spencer talk about Call The Midwife. This discussion leads to a long chat about childbirth. 
Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover)

Sign me up for a Jeff Tweedy Substack! That idea sounds excellent!

I was asked to fill in as re-capper tonight:

The Tweedy Show Thursday July 10 Episode 183

-Jeff & Basil welcome the clients
- Animated credits
Like I Used To (Sharon Van Etten & Angel Olsen cover with Spencer on drums & backing vocals)
-Where’s Basil?
-Happy birthday Rosie
New Madrid (Spencer on backing vocals)
-Rosie’s age (34) gives Susie anxiety
-Sammy update from camp: Spencer shows photo of Sammy playing with a lamb.
-Jeff shows video of 8-foot long snake he saw in the woods
-Jeff talks about other animals he saw, and talks about seeing a tiny horse pulling a cart
-Jeff talks about how ticks catch on to you
Hold Me Anyway 
-Casey’s mother’s cat decapitated a rabbit
-Jeff talks about someone who had a tick in their eyeball
-Ticks come off the ground, not from trees
-Jeff’s cousins used to play I Don’t Like Spiders & Snakes at family gatherings 
Please Be Wrong (new song with Spencer on backing vocals)
-Susie asks the clients to stop commenting dead animal stories
-Jeff announces the Jeff Tweedy Quick-Change Capo available for order
No Longer A Sweetheart Of Mine (written by Don Reno/Red Smiley/Fred Swift)
San Francisco (Foxygen cover by Casey with Spencer on guitar and backing vocals)
-Jeff recalls that Foxygen didn’t know who he was when they met at Solid Sound
Pittsburgh (song Jeff and Spencer recorded years ago but never released; Spencer on drums)
-Susie mistakes a leaf on the floor with a stinkbug 
-Jeff & Susie talk about Jeff’s parents visiting them in Chicago 
-What is the origin of the phrase “clean as a whistle?”
-Everyone discusses Catdog
-Basil is fascinated by Jeff’s whistling 
Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover with Spencer on backing vocals)

Thank you for filling in, Monty! I appreciate it. Awesome job! As I’m sure you might recall, Please Be Wrong was played once before way back on episode 81. I believe last night was the first time that Jeff us the title. And Pittsburgh does sound familiar. I’d have to listen to that one again with my list of untitled songs in front of me to see if any lyrics match up. 

The Tweedy Show Monday June 14 Episode 184

-- Jeff & his harmonica welcome the clients to the Tweedy Show.
Fixture Picture (Aldous Harding cover sung & performed on drums by Spencer. Jeff on backing vocals.)
-- Susie explains the mysterious blue suitcase near the drum set & shows her suitcase collection. 
-- Jeff didn't jump into Lake Michigan with the lake jumper because he was wearing sweatpants. 
Magnetized (w Spencer on drums.)
-- Jeff & Spencer talk about the magnetic conspiracy theories in regards to the Covid vaccine. 
Fake Fur Coat
Norwegian Wood (The Beatles cover sung by Spencer & also on thigh slaps.)
-- Jeff & Susie realize that lychees look like shaved balls. 
-- Jeff reveals that tonight's episode was supposed to take place in Michigan. 
-- Spencer had fun at the SeatGeek drive in show at the beginning of the month. 
I'm Kind Of In Love With You (w Spencer on backing vocals & thigh slaps.)
-- Jeff sings some of Sunloathe w Spencer on thigh slaps. 
Summer Noon (w Spencer on backing vocals & thigh slaps.)
-- Jeff would take on a foot modeling job. 
-- Jeff tells the talking snowman & bullet hole story again. 
Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover sung by Spencer in a "blues" voice.)

On 6/11/2021 at 2:15 PM, u2roolz said:

Thank you for filling in, Monty! I appreciate it. Awesome job! As I’m sure you might recall, Please Be Wrong was played once before way back on episode 81. I believe last night was the first time that Jeff us the title. And Pittsburgh does sound familiar. I’d have to listen to that one again with my list of untitled songs in front of me to see if any lyrics match up. 

Sorry, just now seeing this. You're very welcome; I'm happy to help. 

I actually didn't recall the song when he played it, but I went to enter "Please Be Wrong" on the spreadsheet, I saw that I had it listed as "Please Be Wrong About Me" from before. Likewise, Pittsburgh didn't sound familiar to me, either, but clearly that doesn't mean he hasn't plaid it before.

On 6/10/2021 at 11:30 PM, TCP said:

I might have, sort of, kind of, forgot it was Thursday. I appreciate the great recap! 

On 6/11/2021 at 12:17 AM, kidsmoke said:

I'm equally guilty. Haven't been able to keep my days straight all this week. I'm glad I can at least catch it later, thanks Susie Cinnamontoastographer!

Nice job on the recap, Ziggy! :thumbup

On 6/11/2021 at 1:59 PM, Chez said:

I agree.  Maybe U2Roolz has been Wally Pipp'd? :D 

Thanks everybody.

(I don't know what or who Wally Pipp'd is, but as I said, I'm glad to help when needed.)

6 hours ago, ZiggyBratwurst said:

Thanks everybody.

(I don't know what or who Wally Pipp'd is, but as I said, I'm glad to help when needed.)

Wally Pipp was the first baseman for New York Yankees.  In 1925 he sat out a game because he had a headache. He was replaced in the line-up that day by a young player named Lou Gehrig.  Gehrig then played 2130 consecutive games for the Yankees - 15 years without missing a game. Wally Pipp took one day off and never got back in the line-up.

HAhahahahaha.

No danger of me unseating U2Roolz in the re-capping department. I never, ever update the spreadsheet without cross-referencing/double-checking my notes against his as I go. It takes a village, ya know. :D

The Tweedy Show Thursday June 17 Episode 185

-- Spencer, Casey & Basil welcome the clients to the Tweedy Show.
-- Susie mentions that her neighbor, Diana,  knit a Basil doll which Jeff is holding.
Sunloathe (w Spencer on drums. Jeff on electric guitar.)
-- Jeff says happy birthday to John Winston Powell. Happy birthday Joshua. 
Part Of The Union (Strawbs cover sung & performed on drums by Spencer. Jeff on backing vocals. Dedicated to the Tweedy Show Client Union.)
"I Was Such A Clown (It's All Over Now)" (Jeff surprised Susie with this song by The Walter Williams Band. Jeff is unsure of the actual song title because their music is not available. Spencer & Susie on backing vocals.)
-- Susie explains that The Walter Williams Band was a Chicago band in the 70s & 80s that Susie used to manage. 
-- Jeff sings a bit of "I Was Such A Clown".
-- Jeff explains that he's transferring tapes to the computer at The Loft which is where he found a tape of The Walter Williams Band. Jeff & Susie discuss some other songs by them. Susie says that no one in the band is named Walter Williams. 
-- Spencer & Casey sing a bit of Loggins And Messina's Danny's Song. 
Half Asleep (w Spencer on backing vocals & thigh slaps.)
-- Susie mentions that today is the 27th anniversary of O.J. Simpson's white Ford Bronco chase. She mentions that watched the chase at Lounge Ax. 
-- Jeff addresses the cancelled West Coast dates. He says that there were a few that they couldn't rebook. 
Slurf Song (Michael Hurley & The Holy Modal Rounders cover sung by Spencer & Casey.)
-- the Jeff & Dave Grohl "feud" is mentioned again.
Gwendolyn (w Spencer on drums.)
-- Susie explains to Jeff & Spencer that Paul named the song Opaline in the comments which elicits shocked faces from Jeff & Spencer.
Opaline (w Spencer on drums & backing vocals.)
-- Susie reads one of the comments that jokes that an embarrassed Paul is in a slow white Ford Bronco chase on CNN. 
-- Jeff & Spencer play a bit of The Strangeloves' I Want Candy. 
Having Been Is No Way To Be (w Spencer on drums.)
Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover played to the guitar & drum beat of Neu!'s Hallogallo. w Spencer on drums.)
-- happy Father's Day!

The Tweedy Show Monday June 21 Episode 186

-- Peter welcomes the clients to the show. 
What's The World Got In Store? (w Spencer on backing vocals & thigh slaps. Dedicated to Grandma Norma.)
What Light (w Spencer on backing vocals & thigh slaps. Dedicated to Michelle for her birthday.)
-- Jeff says that the next song was released 31 years ago. 
Screen Door (w Spencer on backing vocals & thigh slaps. 
-- Susie admits that she misses Uncle Tupelo and jokes that there will be a reunion soon. 
-- Peter tells the joke about Sarah & Moishe that involves Jeff Birdy/Jeff Tweedy, heartburn and a soup incident. 
-- Jeff shows the clients his new orange chair. 
Sunny Afternoon (The Kinks cover sung by Spencer. Jeff on backing vocals. Dedicated to Ray Davies for his 77th birthday.)
-- Happy Birthday, Pat Sansone!
-- Jeff talks about the tornado that went through Chicago earlier in the day. 
-- Jeff talks about Pat Sansone being a human jukebox. Jeff mentions that he can do a great Yoda impression. 
Guess Again (w Spencer on drums & backing vocals.)
-- Susie says that Spencer is the best drummer & harmonizer in the world.
By The Light Of The Magical Moon (T. Rex cover. Spencer on drums without sticks.)
-- Susie talks about Peter playing the drums in the basement of Lounge Ax. Peter had drum lessons from Fred Armisen.
-- Spencer shows the clients the picture of Peter playing the drums. 
-- the Tweedy family discuss Bewitched.
-- Susie accuses Jeff's mom of loving Alf. 
Whisper (w Spencer on drums & backing vocals.)

-- Jeff mentions that this song is 6 years old and unreleased. [Whisper was released last fall as part of a BandCamp compilation available for 24 hours to raise money for the election.]
-- Jeff plays a bit of The Beatles Eleanor Rigby. He says that he played it earlier today, but can't reveal why. 
-- Peter says good night & happy Father's Day to the clients. 
Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover played to the guitar & drum beat of Neu!'s Hallogallo. w Spencer on drums.)

The Tweedy Show Thursday June 24 Episode 187

-- Jeff welcomes the clients to the show. 
-- Jeff & Susie explain that Spencer is doing a show with Casey on Twitch, so they won't be doing the video intro tonight. Jeff tries to sing a bit of the theme song, but doesn't remember it. 
-- Jeff mentions that in honor of Conan O'Brien's last TBS show this evening he will be playing every song that he performed on his show. 
The Long Cut
-- Jeff mentions that The Long Cut was the first song that he performed on tv in 1994 on The Late Show With Conan O'Brien. 
-- Susie asks why Jeff isn't on Conan's last week. Jeff says that Conan doesn't really have musical guests anymore. 
-- Jeff elaborates that he's performed at least once on every show that Conan has hosted over the years: Late Night, The Tonight Show & Conan.
Box Full Of Letters 
-- Susie doesn't think that you can compare Jay Leno, who she doesn't find funny, to Conan O'Brien. 
How To Fight Loneliness
-- Jeff says that he's had 8 performances on Conan's shows, including appearances with Golden Smog & Mavis Staples. 
I'm The Man Who Loves You (Dedicated to Conan O'Brien.)
-- Susie accuses Jeff of having Mark doing the homework on putting together the Conan setlist this evening. 
Theologians 
-- Susie & Jeff have the clients guess the next song. 
You Never Know
-- Susie says that one of the clients [me] said that the song was performed exactly 12 years to the day on The Tonight Show. Jeff looks happily shocked.
-- Susie tells a Flanny story.
Dawned On Me 
The Thanks I Get (Jeff tries to get Susie to sing along.)
World Away
-- Susie loves Jeff Knurek's drawing of Peter's soup joke. [It's on the Shot In The Arm FB page.]
-- Happy Anniversary to Nicole & Kelly! 
Kingpin (Jeff gets Susie to participate in the "how can I?" part.)
-- Jeff sings the first line of Walken.

-- Jeff reminds the clients to watch the last Conan show on TBS this evening. 

I cheated with Setlist FM. 

12 hours ago, u2roolz said:

Nice! 

I’d love to post all of the Conan videos, but I think a few of them are missing on YouTube. 

Wilco posted on FB the I'M THE MAN WHO LOVES YOU video from their 7/17/2002 performance on Late Night. I remember to this day seeing them perform on television for the first time, that night it was broadcast. Have looked for it since on YT etc., to no avail, so how nice it is to see it again.

The Tweedy Show Monday June 28 Episode 188

-- Jeff welcomes the clients to the Tweedy Show.
# animated intro on iPhone screen.
-- Jeff shows the clients his "Grammy" award. The “Grammy” says "2021 Home Dawg Of The Year" and is a golden car. He admits that it was an award given to him for performing the most shows at home. 
-- Jeff mentions that he did a show yesterday in Michigan at The StoreHouse for a radio station. 
-- Jeff says that he spoke to Sammy today via Zoom. 
-- Jeff explains that Stephen Colbert coined the phrase "Kel Kroydon". 
-- Happy Birthday, Mel Brooks!
Infinite Surprise (Jeff confirms the title. Last played on episode 137.)
-- Happy Birthday, John Cusack! Happy Birthday, Elon Musk!
{some serious glitching. stream ends.}
-- Spencer shows his shirt which has a young & old Nick Lowe on it. 
-- Jeff claims that his playing of Van Halen's Jump caused the stream to crash. 
-- Jeff & Spencer mention that they loved the live Crowded House stream. Jeff jokes that Neil also has 2 sons in his band.
-- Jeff strums some of Van Halen's Jump.
-- Jeff messes up One By One.
One By One
-- Jeff talks about how the lyrics always tend to confuse him because every line begins with "One by one".
-- Jeff admits that he has done crossword puzzles for 466 days in a row, since the tour was canceled.
Hints (w Spencer on drums & backing vocals.)
-- Susie mentions that the clients would love to purchase some Tweedy Show pajamas. 
-- Susie tells Jeff that the clients want to hear Mi Shebeirach for the people in Florida, so Spencer tries to get Sammy to sing it via FaceTime. 
-- Sammy appears via FaceTime from summer camp. Sammy briefly shows the kids at summer camp singing a song in the rain. Jeff cracks up over "You're Bleeding" an album title that a 10 year old girl at camp came up with.
New Moon (w Spencer on drums)
It Must Be Love (Labi Siffre cover w Spencer on drums & backing vocals.)
-- Jeff mentions that you might remember the song was a hit for Madness. 
-- Jeff jokes that he wants to stretch out the show because Paul's cell phone is running out of battery and he has no power in his house. 

6 hours ago, u2roolz said:

-- Jeff jokes that he wants to stretch out the show because Paul's cell phone is running out of battery and he has no power in his house. 

I was getting nervous, and not because of the "threat" of an Uncle Tupelo deep cut! :omg

The Tweedy Show Thursday July 1 Episode 189

-- Spencer welcomes the clients to the Tweedy Show.
Kokomo, IN (Japanese Breakfast cover)
-- Jeff, Susie & Spencer talk about Scott Reilly and tater tots. 
-- Jeff tells a story about his dad & a condom. When a condom fell out while rotating  a mattress, Jeff's dad quipped to Jeff's sister "It’s a condom, Debbie. You remember  those from ISU."
-- Spencer opens a window. 
Tired Eyes (Neil Young cover w Spencer on backing vocals.)
-- Jeff talks about how hard it is to replicate Neil's phrasing. 
Hot Sun (new song with lyrics that include "Hey! Hey! Hot Sun I Can Hear It". Jeff gives the title tonight. Last played on episode 167.)
-- Jeff talks about The Grateful Dead. 
-- Jeff mentions that they will be rehearsing tomorrow. 
-- Susie announces that there won't be any Tweedy Shows, once Wilco goes out on tour. Jeff & Spencer think that Susie should go out to join Wilco on a few shows, so that they could possibly have an episode here and there.
-- Spencer mentions that they are playing a festival show on Saturday. 
Someday Soon (w Spencer on thigh slaps & backing vocals.)
-- Jeff & Spencer work out The Beatles' Helter Skelter. 
-- skateboarding discussion.
She May Call You Up Tonight (The Left Banke cover sung & performed on drums by Spencer.)
-- "Obama smelled like cinnamon cookies."
Gwendolyn (w Spencer on drums.)

My iPhone wouldn’t recognize my Air Buds this evening, so I was a bit off. Every time I do an Apple update something always seems f’ed up. Going to read up on how to fix it...

Did a reboot and it works now. 

Wow! Susie, thank you for the surprise stream tonight from the show! The sound was amazing! Very unexpected! Glad I caught the notification in time.

I don’t want to “cross the streams” with Paul, so I’ll wait for him to report. The Paul cameos were gold. Lol 

1 hour ago, u2roolz said:

Wow! Susie, thank you for the surprise stream tonight from the show! The sound was amazing! Very unexpected! Glad I caught the notification in time.

I don’t want to “cross the streams” with Paul, so I’ll wait for him to report. The Paul cameos were gold. Lol 

More like bronze...:ninja