The Tweedy Show Monday November 23 Episode 123 

# animated intro on screen
When You Wake Up Feeling Old (Dedicated to Appleton Dave for his birthday)
-- Susie announces that Jeff will be on Seth Meyers later this evening. The cat is out of the bag: he's performing Gwendolyn. 
-- Jeff fantasizes about going out to LA's Largo to film The Tweedy Show with professional cameras and crew. 
-- Susie mentions "susieorchloe" an IG page that features pictures of her and Chloe Sevigny because the person running the page thinks that they look alike. 
-- the clients & Tweedy family cast The Tweedy Show. Some examples: Chloe Sevigny/Lily Tomlin/Amy Pohler/Patricia Arquette/Parker Posey/Terri Garr as Susie. Michael Cera as Spencer. Jack Black/Patrick Fugit/Nick Offerman/Paul Giamatti/Jeff Bridges as Jeff. Zooey Deschanel as Casey. Mel Brooks as Peter. Pamela Adlon as Oona. Robert Sean Leonard as John Stirratt. 
-- Jon Hamm's penis is discussed.
-- Jeff talks about the first song that he wrote called Your Little World. Joe Camel & The Caucasians ended up recording the song. The band that Jeff was in before Uncle Tupelo, The Primitives, used to open for them. 
-- Jeff says that he doesn't sing Dash 7 in concert because he sings it too low on the record. 
Dash 7 (sung in a higher key)
Ain't No Doubt About It (Mavis Staples cover lyrics by Jeff)
-- Jeff is concerned that every time he tries to relearn his songs right before The Tweedy Show starts Susie starts vacuuming. This leads to Spencer modeling the Dyson vacuum. 
At Least That's What You Said (w Spencer on drums & Jeff on electric guitar)

-- Jeff says that the electric guitar that he just used is a 90s/early 00s faded Gibson. He put a Bigsby tremolo & pickups on it. 
Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover)

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Friends - I have finally updated the Tweedy Show mp3 archive (over 2,000 song files). All files have been meticulously logged and tagged so they can be easily filtered, searched, and sorted - in iT

I appreciate the accolades, but seriously, all the real credit goes to @u2roolz. The two or three times I filled in for him really showed me how truly dedicated he’s been to this project. It’s fairly

The Tweedy Show Monday December 26 Episode 217 —Sammy welcomes the clients to The Tweedy Show.  —Susie is upset that she sees her reflection in the tv.  —“Hi, everyone! We forgot how to

Posted Images

The Tweedy Show Tuesday November 24 Episode 124 

-- Susie explains that they were late because they were having technical difficulties getting Peter via Alexa.
-- Jeff wants to end Daylight Savings because it adds extra stress during the holidays. 
-- don't tell Susie to relax, Jeff..
-- Jeff is happy that Ode To Joy's boxset design got a Grammy nomination. 
White Wooden Cross
-- Susie reminisces that Jeff played the song during the car episode which she wasn't happy about due to the lyrics. 
-- Jeff says that The Tweedy Show is not eligible for an Emmy, but should be eligible for a Webby. 
-- Spencer mentions how the funding might work for Broadway shows in the future. 
-- the Tweedy family have nice things to say about Neil Finn. 
Bad Day Lately (w Spencer on thigh slaps & finger snaps)
Pieholden Suite ("I apologize again & again" ending)
-- Jeff addresses the Summerteeth delays. 
Fawn (Spencer original sung by Spencer & performed on guitar)[Thanks to Paul for the song title.]
-- Jeff jokes that the show will go on until there aren't any clients left watching. 
Quiet Amplifier 
-- Jeff says that there's an iPhone recording of him playing Quiet Amplifier in the studio mix on the record.
-- Jeff likes Karen Dalton. Her voice makes him cry. 
-- Jeff mentions in a Bob Dylan impression that Bob Dylan name dropped Wilco when he  talked about being offered to write the music to the lyrics that made up Mermaid Avenue. 
-- Jeff describes the story when Bob Dylan proposed to Mavis Staples. 
“Name Drop By Dylan” (Jeff & Spencer jam out on an improvised instrumental. Jeff came up with the title on the spot.)
-- Susie announces that the show will return this Monday. 
-- Jeff gives his thanks to the clients. 

The Tweedy Show shall return this Monday. 

8 hours ago, u2roolz said:

The Tweedy Show Tuesday November 24 Episode 124 

-- Jeff jokes that the show will go on until there aren't any clients left watching.

I did not consider this a joke.  More of a legally binding obligation from Artist to Clients. 

If need be, we can start a gofundme for legal funding to enforce this. 

WHO'S WITH ME ON THIS???

On 11/25/2020 at 4:52 AM, theashtraysays said:

I did not consider this a joke.  More of a legally binding obligation from Artist to Clients. 

If need be, we can start a gofundme for legal funding to enforce this. 

WHO'S WITH ME ON THIS???

Well God knows I am, Vince!!!! :spider3

There was an impromptu Tweedy Show tonight. I missed the first 15 minutes or so, I'm assuming since Spencer was at his drums they played something. Sounds like everyone is doing well though, they're still waiting on their test results though. Then Jeff and Spencer did an instrumental Reincarnation followed by an instrumental Waltz #2 by Elliott Smith, which was awesome.

Sorry, I'm no u2roolz but this was my best attempt at a recap.

34 minutes ago, TCP said:

There was an impromptu Tweedy Show tonight. I missed the first 15 minutes or so, I'm assuming since Spencer was at his drums they played something. Sounds like everyone is doing well though, they're still waiting on their test results though. Then Jeff and Spencer did an instrumental Reincarnation followed by an instrumental Waltz #2 by Elliott Smith, which was awesome.

Sorry, I'm no u2roolz but this was my best attempt at a recap.

Ha! Thanks for the nod. 

I was answering a birthday text from a friend that’s a waiter and his parents both came down with Covid during Thanksgiving week. Out of nowhere I surprisingly got the notification about the show, but didn’t have my second iPhone next to me to take notes. I stepped out of the show a few times to answer the texts and when I went back in it would pick up where I left off, but then jump to real time. I never heard the Elliot Smith mention. 

It sounds like they did 2 instrumentals and gave an update on how everyone is doing which I’m glad to hear sounds good so far. I want to go back and watch it uninterrupted.

The Tweedy Show Thursday December 3 Episode 124.5 (The Health Update)

-- Susie appreciates the messages of concern which prompted this brief update. She says that Sammy is isolating and everyone has been tested, but the results have not come back yet. 
-- Jeff explains that he thinks that Sammy has an asymptomatic case because he hasn't shown any symptoms. He says that Sammy is isolating in his room where they are bringing him water, food and sweets. 
-- Sammy calls in via FaceTime with Eugenia. They AirPlay the call to their tv in the living room. 
-- Spencer says that this is the most that he's seen of Sammy in close to 7 days. 
-- Sammy & Eugenia are keeping busy by playing video games and watching Steve Coogan shows like The Tony Ferrino Phenomenon and Alan Partridge. Saxondale is up next. 
-- Sammy shows off his Hot Wheels collection and his recording gear. 
-- Susie hopes that they get their test results tomorrow. 
-- Jeff mentions that they are seven days away from the exposure. 
-- Jeff's biggest discomfort is that he has waves of panic due to his panic disorder because he feels like he's having symptoms when he's not. 
-- Jeff tells a story about changing a light bulb earlier today which caused the "glass circle part" to land on the carpet and not break. 
-- Jeff tells the dramatic story of when he jumped out of a raft to save George Saunders' glasses. 
-- Jeff "chastises" Paul for asking if any songs have been played yet, instead of making sure that they are ok. (Lol)
New Instrumental (Spencer on drums) (Jeff's been working on it today)
-- Jeff has been making up instrumental songs to pass the time. 
-- Jeff says the other reason to check in was because the Tweedy family misses the clients and it looks like it's the time that we're really going to need each other due to the increasingly awful circumstances. 
-- Jeff is a 1/4 of a way through a jigsaw puzzle that is all pencils. 
Reincarnation (instrumental Roger Miller cover)
-- Jeff talks about an invention idea that he had about a mask that lights up to show that you're smiling. Jeff told Spencer the idea and the next day he saw a mask with lights that had the same smiling effect. Jeff also claims that he had an idea for the iPhone before it hit the market. Spencer reiterates this story. Spencer calls him "Tweedsterdamus". 
-- Susie summarizes the updates, but continues to look for a specific word to describe a review or a recap. 
-- Jeff jokes that this is the most time that they've spent since Reincarnation finished. 
-- Jeff says that his book came out today in the UK. 
-- Jeff gives advice on how to pick a beginner's guitar. 
-- Jeff mentions that he's rescheduled Gaylin's (?) show to January. 
Waltz, No. 2 (instrumental Elliot Smith cover w Spencer on drums)

2 hours ago, theashtraysays said:

Where's the 124.5 episode?  I don't see it on her IGTV?

thanks

It was on IG, less than an hour last night so it should be archived there. Maybe Susan will post it to YouTube. 

The Tweedy Show Monday December7 Episode 125

-- Susie is upset that the she can only see one comment at a time now. Solutions are pondered. 
-- Jeff explains that everyone has tested negative and don't need to wear masks in their house anymore. 
-- Susie thinks it's possible that Sammy got a False-Positive test result. 
Let Us Begin (John Denver cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums & backing vocals)
-- Susie is stunned to realize that it's been 40 years since John Lennon was killed. 
Walking The Cow (Daniel Johnston cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums)
-- the Tweedy family have a good laugh after a flash was seen coming from Susie's pants which was a cellphone taking an accidental pic. 
-- Eugenia pronounces her name for the clients. It is pronounced Oh-hen-ya.
-- Jeff says that he's been writing new songs. 
What Light
-- Jeff & Sammy try to remember which song Sammy sang at Solid Sound 2019, after Susie recommends that the kids should cover Jeff's songs.
-- Sammy sings a bit of a song as Squidward. 
-- Jeff talks about doing his jigsaw puzzles.
Some Birds (w Spencer on drums)
Whole Love (w Spencer on drums & backing vocals)

-- Susie can't find the end button with the new IG layout. 

I am in the camp of folks that didn't see any difference tonight with the comments or screen size. I wonder if I passed on an update. 

I might also change the episode number for the Health Update episode. 

On 12/4/2020 at 2:36 AM, Niece of Walt said:

re: Ohennia (sp?)

That’s what I would have guessed, but folks who know her were writing “Eugenia” in the comments.

Thank you! 

You were right! I'll change the info on that episode.

1 hour ago, u2roolz said:

-- Jeff & Sammy try to remember which song Sammy sang at Solid Sound 2019, after Susie recommends that the kids should cover Jeff's songs.

For the record it was I'm Always In Love.

9 hours ago, u2roolz said:

I am in the camp of folks that didn't see any difference tonight with the comments or screen size. I wonder if I passed on an update. 

We had the new format. I think this is going to be one of those updates IG kicks out without us having any control over it. Like the white hearts. And it will just get rolled out gradually to everyone. It's not great. I mean, with the original format sometimes I found myself getting too caught up in reading the comments, too the point that I would lose track of the actual show. But at least I had the option of seeing all the comments if I wanted, or ignoring them if I didn't want to read them. With the new format, you almost can't read the comments unless you make the video image really tiny at the top of the screen.

1 hour ago, ZiggyBratwurst said:

We had the new format. I think this is going to be one of those updates IG kicks out without us having any control over it. Like the white hearts. And it will just get rolled out gradually to everyone. It's not great. I mean, with the original format sometimes I found myself getting too caught up in reading the comments, too the point that I would lose track of the actual show. But at least I had the option of seeing all the comments if I wanted, or ignoring them if I didn't want to read them. With the new format, you almost can't read the comments unless you make the video image really tiny at the top of the screen.

I prefer the new format.  The comments distract from the show itself (like people talking during a concert) .  Now I can more easily escape them. 

Part of the comedy of the show is Susie interacting with commenters and responding to the comments, which could usually provoke an interesting/funny comment or conversation by/with Jeff. That's going to disappear, unless they do the two-phone thing, I didn't care for the comments at first either, but have grown to appreciate them. I pay attention to them during the between-song banter, and minimize them during the songs. In the old format you could still see 2 or 3 or 4 comments when minimized but now you really have to pick one or the other, which is really annoying.

Jeff is really good at grasping what is going on on the screen just by Susie's descriptions. I would have a hard time keeping up with someone describing what's happening on a screen that I can't see, I would have to keep asking to see the phone.

I don't think the video is larger, as some people were saying, I think IG just rounded the borders. But it did look sharper?

Yeah this is how it's been for me for weeks. I preferred it before, when you could tap the centre of the screen and get just one or two comments on the bottom or tap it again and get half the screen in comments, that worked for everyone. Truthfully, I'm not bothered by the comments typically unless it's an entire multiple line post of emojis, that's a little distracting.

1 hour ago, Yaz Rock said:

I don't think the video is larger, as some people were saying, I think IG just rounded the borders. But it did look sharper?

Yeah it looked a little more high res.

From a technical perspective, the show is definitely smoother than it was in the early days, outside of a hiccup here and there, we haven't had any major issues with the streams lately like we did in the March, April, etc.

In the beginning I thought the comments were really distracting, but at that point I had not foreseen what an amazing community was going to grow around the show. I hardly ever post anything, but now I really enjoy "keeping in touch" with everybody. I just hate now that we have essentially choose the comments or the video. My wife and I AirPlay the show to our TV, but even so the video was really small last night if we maximized the comments. This strikes me as the Facebook philosophy of re-design, which IMO amounts to changing things for no reason other than the sake of changing them.

9 minutes ago, ZiggyBratwurst said:

This strikes me as the Facebook philosophy of re-design, which IMO amounts to changing things for no reason other than the sake of changing them.

A good example of why these companies shouldn't be able to absorb each other into one or two giant monopolies. Facebook should have never been able to buy Instagram. 

The Tweedy Show Tuesday December 8 Episode 126

-- Jeff thinks that Susie should have a jewelers loupe to see the new screen format.
-- Jeff talks about bands (in general) from Minneapolis, Bellevue, St. Louis & Chicago in an answer to if he has any Golden Smog stories. 
Waltz, No. 2 (Elliot Smith cover sung by Spencer)
-- Jeff says that Spencer learned the song 30 minutes ago. 
-- Jeff talks about meeting & playing with Elliot Smith. 
-- Spencer & Jeff discuss Elliot Smith's career. 
Opaline
Nobody Told Me (John Lennon cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums)
-- Jeff talks about where he was when John Lennon died.
-- the Tweedy family sadly ponder what John Lennon would have been up to if he were alive. 
Swingin Party (The Replacements cover sung by Sammy)
-- Jeff mentions his winter finger nail issues & cracked heels.
-- Jeff hopes that Ode To Joy's deluxe box set wins a Grammy. 
-- Spencer fires a shot at his peer Justin Bieber. 
-- Jeff reveals that Grammy nominees receive a medallion. He wore it to pick up Sammy from flag football. 
-- Jeff & Susie discuss Beyonce & Jay Z getting McDonald's delivered to them during the Grammys. 
-- Susie addresses the YouTube upload issues.