Tweedy at hotel ... 4.8.06 - was it taped ?

Oh, I should also mention that our own Martin Rivas (Twisted Acres) and Dave Mirabella (MeDave) each played an opening set for Jeff, both of which were taped. They sound gorgeous as well, and those will be included, too.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I'm thoroughly impressed with what he did in recording that -- I think the phrase "crystal clear" must've been invented for this. You'd think it was taped in some acoustically perfect theater instead of in a basement.

Err, how to put this without causing offence :blush

Does the vocal stylings of the S'&'S House Choir mean that this has a 'you had to be there' quality about it? Whilst I'm sure the ladies were singing like angels, I'm worried about a Stardog falsetto.

We were much less "thirsty" this year than last year, and consequently our singing sounds more like singing and less like nails on chalkboard.

Jeff also did many fewer covers this year than last, and so we didn't have so much of the muttering-during-the-verses-plus-compensatory-belting/hollering-during-the-chorus.

Everyone should be grateful that the hours-long post-show singalong wasn't recorded, though. I think that was a good deal more holler-y.

Except for Stardog, whose castrato-style soprano singing rings out like a church bell in the wilderness.

Evonne, was that you who answered "1985" as an example of things that disappeared?

That was FUNNY.

*hat tip* :lol

this recording sounds AMAZING!!

my memory of the night is so odd and amorphous (for distinctly different reasons than 1985's blurriness), but the recording brought the event into clarity.

sweet jesus. what a wonderful show. :w00t :love

:cheers Wow! Thanks so much Chandler! These sound so amazing..... and I love all of the singing along. I'd love to get a copy of this recording (and would have killed to be there) and of course will contribute to one of Jeff's charities. Thanks again Chandler! Joyce
Everyone should be grateful that the hours-long post-show singalong wasn't recorded, though. I think that was a good deal more holler-y.

Except for Stardog, whose castrato-style soprano singing rings out like a church bell in the wilderness.

although i will forever lament the lack of recorded evidence of the Dan-n-Sam-Casio-Section.

although i will forever lament the lack of recorded evidence of the Dan-n-Sam-Casio-Section.

Though I'm eternally grateful for the lack of footage capturing the "Raspberry Beret" mantis dance.

cookies!...cookies!...cookies!

Though I'm eternally grateful for the lack of footage capturing the "Raspberry Beret" mantis dance.

i had a great spot for this during the show. i have artist's renderings of all those involved. keep that in mind should you ever decide to run for political office. :ninja

Oh, I should also mention that our own Martin Rivas (Twisted Acres) and Dave Mirabella (MeDave) each played an opening set for Jeff, both of which were taped. They sound gorgeous as well, and those will be included, too.

Am especially curious about these too :yes

Thanks to all who are involved for making this available for us outcasts here in Nowhereland Europe who will never get the chance to set up a LR room show ourselves. :worship

And once again, thanks to Chandler and the FOH gang (Dave and Mart) for the proper mic placement and knob twiddling. You'd barely even know we're there!

I can't believe one of the Brits on this board hasn't called this one out yet. Finbar Saunders and his double entendres.

Edited by redeyedandblue
I can't believe one of the Brits on this board hasn't called this one out yet. Finbar Saunders and his double entendres.

As an erstwhile Anglophile, I was fully aware of the implications of that post. :)

Now back to the mantis dance...

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing :worship .

Chandler for President :yes .

Best Sunday morning ever listening to this.

Props to all of you on Summerteeth. I got chills running up and down listening to that.

If That's Alright and Jeff's modesty....PRICELESS :wub :wub :wub

I can't thank you enough for making this available guys, Chandler excellent job with the taping, and thanks to all of those who helped set this wonderful event up. On two listens this has already assended to my favorite Tweedy boot category. :cheers to all.

--Mike

:blink

OMG! this sounds fantastic!! its like you`re sitting in the middle of that room! perfect quality! big thanks to everyone involved in creating this wonderful thing! one of the best recordings EVER! :stunned

oh yeah: :worship

time to calm down now, phew! :beer