being there disc 1 or 2

I was just listening to it in my car about 10 minutes ago.

I'll say disc 2 is, because "Sunken Treasure" is my favorite Wilco song of the moment. I also love "Kingpin" and "Someone Else's Song".

That's my favorite album, so though I say 2 is better, it's only by a slight amount.

I've struggled with this dilemma myself and go back and forth. Disc one is an instant classic on first listening, but two grows on me and may be slightly more profound: Why Would You Want to Live, and Dreamer in My Dreams are fan-fucking-tastic.

So, it's a draw for me.

:cheers

I'd have to go with discs 1 & 2. In that order.

Only complaint:

Kingpin is too short.

I'd like a 15 minute extended disco version.

Nice album. Good listen.

It is up there in the Top 10 Wilco albums.

:D

when i first got it a long time back, i only listened to the first disc.

in the last few years, i've been digging disc two more.

overall, though, my vote today is with two..."dreamer in my dreams", "someday soon", and "why would you wanna live?" are on my all-time fave wilco songs list.

but, ask me in a month, and i might say disc one.

can you tell i'm as unpredictable as midwestern weather? :blush

I think we've been down this road before and the answer seems to be overwhelmingly #1. In fact I'd go as far to say that I like the first two sides as an individual album more than "A.M.," "SummerTeeth" or "AGIB." If you add in "Sunken Treasure," "The Lonely 1" and "Dreamer," I like "BT" better by miles and really it's damn close to "YHF" as well.

Putting Being There on two discs was purely for aesthetic value. It's really on e disc. So there's no comparison to be made.

I'd argue that there is a distict difference in vibe/mood between the two and it may have been broken up the way it is for more than aesthetic reasons.

Disc 1 is obviously more rocking and Disc 2 obviously more laid back. I kind of treat them as separate albums, really. Sometimes I'm more in the mood for one and not the other. I like how it's broken up, actually.

So, it's a draw for me.

Way to tow the company line, AWATT. (smiley emoticon, I suppose).

Edited by Lammycat
I keep saying it and saying it: it's one album. I refuse to vote.

I'm not trying to be a wise guy, but really, so what? I realize it's one album.

I listened to one Lp of Kiss Alive II more than the other. Same with Zappa's Sheik Yerbouti, Frampton Comes Alive, The Allman's Eat A peach, Aerosmith's Live Bootleg, Husker Dus Zen Arcade, Dylan's The Basement Tapes, etc., etc. because I generally enjoyed one better than the other.

I'm not trying to be a wise guy, but really, so what? I realize it's one album.

I listened to one Lp of Kiss Alive II more than the other. Same with Zappa's Sheik Yerbouti, Frampton Comes Alive, The Allman's Eat A peach, Aerosmith's Live Bootleg, Husker Dus Zen Arcade, Dylan's The Basement Tapes, etc., etc. because I generally enjoyed one better than the other.

To state the obvious,side 1 of Live Dead (Dark Star) probably gets more plays than the flip side (Death Don't) by a 10 to 1 margin...but I love the whole LP regardless

Scott

I keep saying it and saying it: it's one album. I refuse to vote.

I've deliberated for a long time on this question and agree with the Maker. It's one album, so no reason to vote. The real question is which Outta Mind/ Outtasite version is better? No question, Disc One, rockin version, rules!!

:rock

I used to think that Disc 1 contained the best song (I Got You) and that Disc 2 was the best overall, without any particular stand-out. Now I appreciate both equally, and just pop in which ever one fits my mood. Although squishing them onto one blank CD sounds like a good idea. By themselves, they're both a little short in play time.