For fans in the SE... especially those in Alabama... I was told this evening by a close friend who works at the University of Alabama that Wilco has been booked to play in Tuscaloosa in October. Bama's homecoming football game is 10/28... so just maybe they will hit the town that Saturday night! :cheers

The last time Wilco was in Alabama was the night they won the grammies and they blew the roof off of the Alabama Theatre... hopefully this show will do the same!

Edited by bourbonbreath
For fans in the SE... especially those in Alabama... I was told this evening by a close friend who works at the University of Alabama that Wilco has been booked to play in Tuscaloosa in October. Bama's homecoming football game is 10/28... so just maybe they will hit the town that Saturday night! :cheers

The last time Wilco was in Alabama was the night they won the grammies and they blew the roof off of the Alabama Theatre... hopefully this show will do the same!

they're loving the college towns this Fall.

Nice... No very Nice.... Check that Sweet. Alabama football and Wilco and whiskey that is the perfect combo.

What about the upcoming National Champions in football at the campus of T.C.U. in beautiful Fort Worth Texas?!?!

OK maybe the football thing was a stretch but the boys will love Ft.Worth and we deserve a show! And as far as i know they have never played one here.

OCT-09 HUNTSVILLE, AL VON BRAUN CENTER CONCERT HALL

OCT-12 FT. WORTH TEXAS WILL ROGERS AUDITORIUM

OCT-15 WICHITA, KS THE COTILLION

OCT-16 SPRINGFIELD, MO SHRINE MOSQUE

Now listed on the wilcoworld site.

Seriously "planetchad" i had to go to Wilco World to make sure you weren't fucken' with me!

I just want to say besides the Bass Hall in Fort Worth this is the best venue in the metro-mess. The Bass Hall is more of a opera house and is probably more suited for a Tweedy solo gig or maybe even a Autumn Defense show. But full blown Wilco? This historic venue is the shit!

Everyone from the Stones to Hendrix had played here back in the 60's. When i was in Highschool in the late 70's early 80's the metal bands toured here. I saw Ozzy with Randy Rhodes once and i saw Rob Halford drive a harley on stage and crack a whip to "Hell Bent For Leather".

Recently the venue has been a bit idle, and all i can say is what better band to bring it back to it's glory. It's still in outstanding shape too.

Back a few years ago i threw a tailgate party for "rusties" when Neil toured with Greendale in Dallas. Via Chicago can expect the same. Wilco in "Cowtown" It's a reason to celebrate. Even if it is a Thursday, the weekend will just have to start a little early and the Weather should be glorious!

hare are some helpful links

http://www.fortwortharchitecture.com/cd/willrogers.htm

http://tinyurl.com/ne5vg

Edited by afomw

They can come on back to Knoxville and play the historic Tennessee Theatre again.

This time, Tweedy, I promise to keep all a-holes from rushing onto the stage during the last encore.

What would we be without wishful thinking...

Okay, there are two days between the FW and Wichita shows, and that tour bus would have to drive straight up I-35 through Woody Guthrie's home state. Plenty of time to stop in OKC or Tulsa on Friday or Saturday night ... This could be PERFECT!

(PLEASE!!!!!!)

:dancing :dancing

M Christine, i was doing that same jig for Wichita when i saw it too. And when the show for Norman, OK is published another jig will be in order.

BTW that Wichita venue looks pretty cool! a ton of history and a cool band shell behind the stage.

http://www.thecotillion.com/information/general.html

Two days is a long gap for the 350 miles between fort worth and wichita. Hopefully this means another great OKC show, which is right on the way on I-35.