GREAT Streaming Concert site

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for that, not heard of it before...

NP: Led Zeppelin

Fillmore West

San Francisco, CA

01/10/1969

:yes I was enjoying this a great deal until my colleagues showed up this morning.

I passed the site along to one of my best friends, who now says she feels 15 again. :lol

• 5 months later...

Our downloads are unrestricted 256k mp3 files that offer exceptional audio quality and ultimate portability

All concerts available are $9.98 each.

We'll be adding to the downloads list regularly - keep an eye out for announcements on this site and in our weekly newsletter.

maybe one of the overlords can fix up the title of this thread

Wolfgang's Vault

• 9 months later...

Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band -Max's Kansas City - 01/31/1973

Bruce Springsteen - lead vocals, guitar, harmonica

Clarence Clemons - saxophone, vocals

Danny Federici - organ, piano, accordion, keyboards, vocals

David Sancious - organ, piano, clavinet

Garry Tallent - bass, vocals, tuba, horn, background vocals

Vini Lopez - drums, vocals

Recorded just a few weeks after the release of his first album, Greetings From Asbury Park, NJ, and about seven months before the release of his sophomore disc, The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle, this historic performance is one of the earliest professional recordings of the Boss and his legendary E Street Band, who are heard here in their original line-up. It was recorded as part of the first installment of the King Biscuit Flower Hour syndicated radio show, which aired on February 18, 1973. The premiere KBFH program featured a triple bill of Blood, Sweat & Tears, Mahavishnu Orchestra, and Springsteen, each recorded live in concert just weeks before.

As an interesting historical footnote, the original King Biscuit broadcast featured one song each from Springsteen and Mahavishnu Orchestra while including five from Blood, Sweat & Tears. Springsteen was still relatively unknown at the time. He was booked in New York for six nights at Max's Kansas City, playing shorts sets while opening for Biff Rose. The songs presented here were recorded on the first of those six nights, when he played two shows. Tracks one through six are from the early show; the last two tracks were recorded at the beginning of the late show.

This performance finds him young, irrepressible, and full of 23-year-old vigor and optimism. Three of the songs featured at this NYC show (

This is a GREAT site!

Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!

(etc.)

• 3 months later...
Wolfgang's Vault Opens For Downloading

Jimi Hendrix

June 03, 2008, 3:35 PM ET

Ray Waddell, Nashville

Through a new arrangement between Wolfgang's Vault and Universal Music Group, vintage concert recordings from such acts as Lynyrd Skynyrd, Bob Marley and Jimi Hendrix will soon join the nearly 500 recordings already available for download purchase at the popular live music and memorabilia site.

The recordings include live performances by UMG artists culled from thousands of Bill Graham-promoted concerts, along with gems from other catalogs and archives dating back decades.

"This is a far-reaching agreement to make available what I would consider previously unreleased live performance recordings of Universal Music Group artists from the mid-'60s on through today," Wolfgang's Vault founder Bill Sagan tells Billboard.com. "It covers hundreds of UMG performers and thousands of live performance concerts."

Sagan launched the Web site in 2003 after acquiring the late promoter Graham's cache of memorablila and concert recordings for $5 million. The downloadable content deal is for 10 years, with a streaming deal stretching "into perpetuity," Sagan says.

If the concert is longer than 30 minutes, a full download is priced at $9.98, with concerts of less than 30 minutes at $5.98. Some one- or two-song performances cost $3.98. The site will continue to offer free streaming.

"Of the 1,434 concerts that are up on the site, 488 can be downloaded right now," says Sagan. "And some very major artists will be downloading within the next 30 to 60 days."

Eventually the product will be offered as CDs and vinyl under Universal's direction. "There will be physical product," Sagan says.

A quick run through the site shows vintage performances for sale by artists including the Alarm, Fleetwood Mac, the Kinks, Billy Joel, Iggy Pop, James Taylor, Linda Ronstadt, Lou Reed, Mott the Hoople, Poco, Steve Miller, the Tubes, Uriah Heep, Warren Zevon and many others.

I must say I'm pretty excited about the downloads. Prices sound pretty reasonable, too. I guess the kicker will be to find out which bands have given their blessing for things to be sold. I haven't been on the site in a long time, but I can remember listening to some really nice stuff on that site in the past.

A quick run through the site shows vintage performances for sale by artists including the Alarm, Fleetwood Mac, the Kinks, Billy Joel, Iggy Pop, James Taylor, Linda Ronstadt, Lou Reed, Mott the Hoople, Poco, Steve Miller, the Tubes, Uriah Heep, Warren Zevon and many others.

Uriah Heep brought the sledgehammer of rock on a nightly basis

i love this band

Rare Marley and Hendrix performances sold online

By Ray Waddell Wed Jun 4, 9:08 AM ET

NASHVILLE (Billboard) - Vintage concert

performances by such acts as Lynyrd Skynyrd, Bob

Marley and Jimi Hendrix will soon join the nearly

500 recordings already available for download

purchase at the music and memorabilia site

Wolfgang's Vault.

The additions were made possible through a deal

between Universal Music Group (UMG) and

Wolfgang's Vault founder Bill Sagan. The

recordings include live performances by UMG

artists culled from thousands of concerts

produced by late promoter Bill Graham, along with

gems from other catalogs and archives dating back

decades.

"This is a far-reaching agreement to make

available what I would consider previously

unreleased live performance recordings of

Universal Music Group artists from the mid-'60s

on through today," Sagan told Billboard.com. "It

covers hundreds of UMG performers and thousands

of live performance concerts."

Sagan launched the Web site in 2003 after

acquiring Graham's cache of memorabilia and

concert recordings for $5 million. The

downloadable content deal is for 10 years, with a

streaming deal stretching "into perpetuity,"

Sagan said.

If the concert is longer than 30 minutes, a full

download is priced at $9.98, with concerts of

less than 30 minutes at $5.98. Some one- or

two-song performances cost $3.98. The site will

continue to offer free streaming.

"Of the 1,434 concerts that are up on the site,

488 can be downloaded right now," said Sagan.

"And some very major artists will be downloading

within the next 30 to 60 days."

Eventually the product will be offered as CDs and

vinyl under Universal's direction. "There will be

physical product," Sagan said.

A quick run through the site shows vintage

performances for sale by artists including the

Alarm, Fleetwood Mac, the Kinks, Billy Joel, Iggy

Pop, James Taylor, Linda Ronstadt, Lou Reed, Mott

the Hoople, Poco, Steve Miller, the Tubes, Uriah

Heep, Warren Zevon and many others.

(http://www.wolfgangsvault.com)

Reuters/Billboard

• 2 months later...

I wish they would add some Doors shows to that site. Their Fillmore East '68 shows are supposed to be some of their best. Would also love to hear the Winterland '70 shows...all that circulates from those gigs are 2 songs recorded from the audience. :ohwell Wolfgang was streaming the Doors performace at the Toronto Pop Festival from '69 which was in no way affiliated with Bill Graham, but Doors' management made them remove it from rotation...sorry, just had to vent. :monkey

I wish they would add some Doors shows to that site. Their Fillmore East '68 shows are supposed to be some of their best. Would also love to hear the Winterland '70 shows...all that circulates from those gigs are 2 songs recorded from the audience. :ohwell Wolfgang was streaming the Doors performace at the Toronto Pop Festival from '69 which was in no way affiliated with Bill Graham, but Doors' management made them remove it from rotation...sorry, just had to vent. :monkey

Probably because The Dooors are selling shows - maybe they are going to put those out at some point.