• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big LZ fan, and that may be my least favorite album of theirs. I just don't get into "Black Dog" or "Rock and Roll" at all, and yes, I've heard "Stairway to Heaven" several hundred too many times. The rest of it's great, though.

Yea i'd agree with the fact that it's been worn out. I'd have to go with III or even LZ I as my favorite.

As for my favorite album. I might have to go with Jeff Buckley's Grace. Just to mesmorizing to ignore, a gorgeous album

B000002UAR.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I've been listening to it for thirty years now and it still never gets old.

Yeah, it doesn't. It's amazing the feelings I still get listening to it. It's as if it's the first time every time. I feel the same way about the majority of Exile on Main Street, too. Torn&Frayed, Loving Cup, Happy, On Down The Line, Tumblin' Dice, etc.

Man.

Yeah, it doesn't. It's amazing the feelings I still get listening to it. It's as if it's the first time every time. I feel the same way about the majority of Exile on Main Street, too. Torn&Frayed, Loving Cup, Happy, On Down The Line, Tumblin' Dice, etc.

Man.

"Exile" is a fantastic record. But for me, "Beggar's Banquet" is the one...I really just love every single song on that record. I must have heard "Sympathy for the Devil" thousands of times & when Keef kicks in with that solo it always kills me. :worship

I pulled out Queen "The Game" on vinyl over the week-end. Granted it has two of there bigger hits, although two I don't mind hearing when forced to listen to classic rock. Not a bad track on the album, MAN THE TONE!!! Brian May + VoxAC30 =HOLY SHIT!! :rock remember Dragon Attack, Prime Jive, Don't try Suicide!

OK maybe not best album of all time but it freakin rocks!

Hawkwind - Space Ritual (Remastered CD Version from mid 1990's)

The most complete (2cd) recording that i never get tired of and always seem to find something new in it.

Not bad after 29 years when i first bought it in 1978 on vinyl. I bought it after hearing Silver Machine for the first time and watching a documentary on Michael Morrcock which featured Hawkwind.

Silver Machine of course isnt on it.

It was originally released in 1972.

Sean in Oz

I would say nirvana-nevermind.That album literally changed my whole world.I was 13 when it came out and up to that point i didnt really pay any attention to music.I was just listening to music that was on the radio and what my parents were playing,which was nothing noteworthy.I just remember it was christmas of 91' and my cousin got a few cd's for christmas,ones that he did not want.So instead of keeping them he went and exchanged them and the 2 cd's he bought were nirvana-nevermind and metallica-black album.Once i heard nirvana it really opened me up to a whole new world.I really didnt even realize how big the band was at the time and didnt know until just before he ended it all.At the time i was being switched back and forth between relatives and stayed in a couple foster homes and the whole time the only companion i really had was that cd.Kurt's vocals seemed so full of emotion and it made me feel like i belonged at least somewhere out there,as if someone was going through the same shit.It was the first time i realized you could pour your heart and soul into music and use it as expression.From that moment it became part of my DNA.Kurt still remains my favorite artist to this day.I will also say that the first album i remember consciously buying would be In utero the day it came out.That also had a great impact upon me.Now here we are 13 years after kurts suicide and i still feel just as strong about the music.

I quickly wanted to add that,i know now people talk about how slick the production is on nevermind.But back when it first came out and i was that young you dont even know what production is,you just have a natural response to it.Now as im much older i can understand what people are talking about,but it's no more produced than any other top 10 album,from u2 to greenday to smashing pumpkins.....

Picking one is impossible. Here's a few-

Wilco/Billy Bragg--Mermaid Avenue

Neutral Milk Hotel--In the Aeroplane Over the Sea

Songs:Ohia--Magnolia Electric Company

Richard and Linda Thompson--I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight

The Constantines--Shine A Light

Damien Jurado--Where Shall You Take Me

The Mendoza Line--Lost in Revelry

Neil Young--Harvest

Okkervil River--Don't Fall in Love With Everyone You See

A lot of stuff hit me really hard in 02/03 it seems.