Sky Blue Sky Tracklisting

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad listens to Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones. If you're older, your dad could have been all about Bo Diddly and Chuck Berry. I learned alot about rock from my dad and I turned him on to Wilco. In my world Sky Blue Sky might end up being Dad rock in the coolest way.

Seriously...I mean they've compared to Being There so much yet that was a double album, so I'm hoping that means we'll get a nice chunk of bonus stuff.

As far as dad rock goes...I'm 18 and I love Wilco. Sure, the've gotten a bit more mellow over time. And seeing Wilco live after seeing My Morning Jacket the night before was a really sharp contrast...but hey...it makes their catalouge much richer when you see the music change with the people. It's one reason why I'd prefer Wilco to say...Son Volt. Sure, Son Volt may always be bringing on the alt country rock, but as a musician I can relate much more to the type of range that Wilco has shown. It's natural. I doubt it'l be 'dad rock'. It'll be danceable, dirty soul music.

I am stoked. What the world didn't need was another record whose overall feel was pretty dark given the truly fucked up world we inhabit today. Call me corny or sentimental but I am glad to see Jeff deliberately go with a more hopeful vibe for this album. I am also glad that Wilco remain one of the few bands that prune in the editing process and give us a 12 track album as opposed to dragging the music out for 70 minutes over 17 or 18 cuts. I am sure the temptation was there. "Patient With Me" and "Side With the Seeds" are my live favourites. Predictions: I think "On and On and On" has been truncated to two minutes max and will fade in gently after "What Light". Talking of "What Light" it will be adopted by Obama Barack in his successful run for the White House next year. His first order as President will be to make Wilco his official White House band. They will perform at a summit on Middle-East peace in March 2009 and, in a stunning move, the Iranian delegation will agree to close all nuclear facilities if the band agree to remove "Less Than You Think" from all future copies of AGIB.

I am stoked. What the world didn't need was another record whose overall feel was pretty dark given the truly fucked up world we inhabit today. Call me corny or sentimental but I am glad to see Jeff deliberately go with a more hopeful vibe for this album. I am also glad that Wilco remain one of the few bands that prune in the editing process and give us a 12 track album as opposed to dragging the music out for 70 minutes over 17 or 18 cuts. I am sure the temptation was there. "Patient With Me" and "Side With the Seeds" are my live favourites. Predictions: I think "On and On and On" has been truncated to two minutes max and will fade in gently after "What Light". Talking of "What Light" it will be adopted by Obama Barack in his successful run for the White House next year. His first order as President will be to make Wilco his official White House band. They will perform at a summit on Middle-East peace in March 2009 and, in a stunning move, the Iranian delegation will agree to close all nuclear facilities if the band agree to remove "Less Than You Think" from all future copies of AGIB.

I am also stoked for this album. I'm also dismayed by your AGIB bashing.

2005_09_29_wilco_obama.jpeg

They will perform at a summit on Middle-East peace in March 2009 and, in a stunning move, the Iranian delegation will agree to close all nuclear facilities if the band agree to remove "Less Than You Think" from all future copies of AGIB.

I'll offer a compromise of fading out at or about the 5:37 mark, but if they won't back down from their hardline stance for complete removal of the track, I'm afraid that nuclear war is inevitable. :(

looks outstanding. i've been listening to all the live versions lately and i am loving every second. i bet on & on & on has changed drastically and will surprise the shit out of us. i'm glad to see it on there.

D

I have wondered about On&On, at the show(s) it sounded like a beautiful ballet, but not fully complete...

I'm looking forward to the ones I haven't heard yet and the final cuts to the ones I have listened too...

I'm sure we are all gonna enjoy and be surprised... :thumbup

Just May seems so lonnnnnnnnnnng away... :w00t

Would it be a sellout for Wilco to lend a song to political ads? Can we merge this thread with the music-in-advertising one?

i'm willing to forget all about wilco stumping for kerry. they should have given "the drone" to use in his campaign.

obama is a much better candidate and should be given any pick from the wilco catalog. i don't think anyone would mind. i sure wouldn't.

Oh, fuck me. It ends with the two worst songs the band's ever written. That can't be a good sign.

Now, now... You must have faith... :blush

I could think of worst songs that was written...

I hope when you get the new record you'd change ya mind... ;)

Ya'll be kind here... but IMO, only mine...

I don't like "Shot In The Arm"... not that it's a bad song,

everybody seems to really like it, which I do love the last line of the song...

Maybe it's just the words hit to close to home for me to like it...

For awhile I felt that the new material was more of a "bunt instead of a grand slam", as Dennis Wilson aptly described Smiley Smile, but Either Way has really grown into one of my favorite cuts and Impossible Germany, Shake it Off, Side With The Seeds, Sky Blue Sky, and Be Patient With Me are all excellent editions to the cannon. And while Walken is pretty simple, it's still a kick ass song that's improved everytime they've done it.

It has four monster albums preceding it and it wasn't really until Impossible Germany that I heard a song I personally prefered to anything (aside from I'm a Wheel) on AGIB, but I'm still optimistic whatever happens I'm sure it'll be better then the new Son Volt :shifty

--Mike