Sky Blue Sky Tracklisting

For some reason, I was really holding out for Let's Not Get Carried Away. It's a good ole' rocker.

I think that including the song would have made it stick out like a sore thumb (similar to peoples' complaints of "I'm a Wheel" on AGIB) . . . it just doesn't "fit" with the feel of the other songs . . .

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had gotten the impression it probably wouldn't be on the record, but that's okay - it can be like Kicking Television. A really fun song they play live even though it isn't on the album (release of a weird version is optional) and then eventually it can become the title of a live album and/or DVD. Right guys? That's the plan, right?

I bet that's exactly what's going to happen too.

But that song just doesn't fit with the overall mood of the album. It's more soft and delecate and slow-hand bluesy. I will say this....I always am screaming along to it on my moped ride into campus. One of my favs.

I think that including the song would have made it stick out like a sore thumb (similar to peoples' complaints of "I'm a Wheel" on AGIB) . . . it just doesn't "fit" with the feel of the other songs . . .

I think "I'm a Wheel" would have benefited from having "Kicking TV" to compliment it in the tracklist. Not that I think it sounds terribly out of place as it is. I like it when contrasting sounds and styles get thrown together like that...then again, that might just be my ADD acting up. :P

As for the new album, I have no idea what a few of these new songs sound like, but I'm hoping that at least a couple of them are upbeat rockers.("Hate It Here" seems like a good bet) I'm not a huge fan of "Lets Not Get Carried Away", but agree that this album needs a few rockers, so we'll see...

:music

Im sure there are studio versions of all these songs that will be on EPs or maybe they'll pull that "they rerelease the album 6 months later with a bonus disc or bonus tracks so you have to buy it twice" move. Either way, I'm officially excited.

By the way, anyone surprised to see On and On and On make the cut? I think it's a really beautiful song, but they only played it a few times and the general opinon here was that it wasn't that stellar--not that what we say goes, but I'm a little surprised to see it on the record.

I always liked that one best of the new songs I've heard. I think it'll make a great closer.

As good as AGIB is, I felt the ending was a little muddled (2 singles, 12 minutes of noise, and a 2 minute sing a long.) Hopefully this record will be really tight.

I'm stoked. It'd best be great, because I doubt at this point we'll get another one before the decade's end.

edit: which means it'll probably be the last one before I enter the later half of my 20s...ew. :no

By the way, anyone surprised to see On and On and On make the cut?

I was surprised. I'm definitely among those that think the live incarnations were (substantially) less than stellar. Let's hope the tune underwent some major evolution in the studio.

>By the way, anyone surprised to see On and On and On make the cut?

not me. as i said, i talked to Jeff after the C-ville show and i asked him specifically about this song (since it really was gorgeous and perfect in it's live incarnation. he said that it was a very good possibility that it would make the cut. i'm assuming it's the last song on the album b/c he decided to add it after i spoke to him. j/k, of course.

i am glad to see 2-3 unheard songs on the album. i'm thinking that the poster who said "You Are My Face" is LGNC has transcribed the lyrics or something and is right...so that would make two new songs that we haven't heard...unless "Let's Fight" was re-titled as well. all that aside, i'm going to miss "Let's Fight" and i was slightly disheartened a couple of weeks ago after finding out that "Is This The Thanks I Get?" wasn't going to make the cut, as the song really grew on me... those piano fills...my God!

-justin

I love On & On & On - it's all about the lyrics - I'm sure the music has seen some reworking.

I bet its different, they haven't played it in almost a year, and probably didn't perform it for at least five or six months before they started recording. All it would take is the perfect little tweak.

Just think of how raw and underdeveloped Late Greats was when they played it last at the Auditorium shows in September of 2003 before AGIB came. That song underwent a pretty wholesale transformation for the better. I'm sure that On & On & On will similarly be developed a bit more.

I think they put "On&On&On" on the album to spite the overwhelming majority of us who voted it least likely song to appear on the album. All of that aside, I'm more nervous about this album than I have been in ten years of being a Wilco fan. I'm really worried that the mellow is going to takeover.