Jeff Tweedy -- 3-3-07

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bobbob said it was 42. I think edie is holding out

I had numbers on the paper next to the two "snippets" that I eventually did not number. Do the math my friend :yay

We're very sad that we had to leave when we did (Jeff and Sue followed us out the front door) but we were dead tired after a jam-packed weekend. We're still not quite home (stopped at my parents' house in Kalamazoo).

What an incredible night that was. I still can't quite believe that Jeff so willingly and graciously does these things, and I feel so fortunate to have been a part of one.

The songs sounded so good last night, and Jeff was in fine voice and really seemed to be enjoying himself. He let everyone in the room pick one song, which was great.

A million thanks to Jeff and Sue for this gift to us, to Erin and her family for hosting, to Edie to hosting the Friday night shindig, and to everyone who was there for coming together (both financially and in person) to make last night happen. Though it's one of the oldest clich

Miss Chris and I are somehow dragging ourselves out to see the Weird Sisters tonight at Hamburger Mary's on Clark (7:00 showtime).

Miss Chris and I are somehow dragging ourselves out to see the Weird Sisters tonight at Hamburger Mary's on Clark (7:00 showtime).

Is Miss Donna already on her way back to the Golden State ?

Is Miss Donna already on her way back to the Golden State ?
Donna left my house a couple hours ago with Kate (reni) and i think her flight home is around 6. it was lovely to finally meet you donna (for when you eventually get home and see this) and thanks so much for keeping me company this weekend! :cheekkiss

oh god, what is there to say? last night was incredible. i cant even begin to describe how much you all mean to me...i feel so fortunate to have every single one of you in my life. i think i'll have to think more about what i want to say and post later, im still way exhausted (although i DID manage to get 9 hours of sleep last night..passed out at 4 and didnt wake up until 12:45 when donna was about to leave. i probably could have gone for another 4 hours too! :lol)

anyway, since im too out of it to write the coherent, heartfelt post i want to, i'll just give you some pictures:

133624591-M.jpg

(i think it's safe to say he enjoyed playing with erin much more than is displayed by his wonderful facial expression in this picture)

133625080-M.jpg (that's better :lol)

133626433-M.jpg

133630103-M.jpg

jen and chris sang backup vocals on I Got You per request by adam (and they freaking rocked)

133631535-M.jpg

That looks like a violin. Good thing, because if that was a viola...

Hah! I scoff at them.

:pirate

Being nitpicky and all, she probably could hold her instrument a little higher. I hate saying it, mostly because I have the same problem, except 1000000000000000000000000000000x worse.

Being nitpicky and all, she probably could hold her instrument a little higher. I hate saying it, mostly because I have the same problem, except 1000000000000000000000000000000x worse.
well i dont know much about violin, but she played it pretty damn well doing it her way! :thumbup ps, you rocked erin. it sounded incredible, and everyone loved it. thanks for getting up there girl! :cheers

I can't wait to get through them all!
haha yeah, sorry about that.. i didnt even realize i took so many (though i tend to do that... i guess for once its a good thing though, right? :P )

I don't know how she held her instrument, but she KICKED ASS!!! Brought the only standing ovation of the evening. I wish she was in the Wilco Ensemble.

Jenny and I enjoyed meeting and hanging with all of you good people Friday and Saturday as much as we enjoyed that incredible wonderful show, and that is saying a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just picked up the kids, getting ready to have some split pea soup, and then maybe crash. We've had approximately 9 hours of sleep over the past 3 nights, and I'm getting too old to run on fumes like that. ;)

More later after my head clears. In the meantime, here's a closeup of the poster:

TweedyPosterSm.jpg

Jenny and I enjoyed meeting and hanging with all of you good people Friday and Saturday as much as we enjoyed that incredible wonderful show, and that is saying a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just picked up the kids, getting ready to have some split pea soup, and then maybe crash. We've had approximately 9 hours of sleep over the past 3 nights, and I'm getting too old to run on fumes like that. ;)

More later after my head clears. In the meantime, here's a closeup of the poster:

TweedyPosterSm.jpg

That is really, really beautiful :wub

sorry, ive got one more--johnny's poster was INCREDIBLE. thank you so, so much for making this for us! (if someone has a better picture feel free to post it, this was the best i could do)

133674330-M.jpg

That is a great poster, Johnny. Amazing stuff.

As typical with Tweedy Living room shows, looks like a great time. Hope you all had a blast.

P.S. Looks like an absolutely beautiful apartment/condo. Great setting.

P.S. Looks like an absolutely beautiful apartment/condo. Great setting.

It was more like the White House.

Johnny and Jenny, I know I told you, but beautiful poster. Puts the rest this year to shame. So nice to meet you.

And somebody PLEASE post the photo of Jackson (from Ft. Wayne) and Jeff

That looks like a violin. Good thing, because if that was a viola...

Hah! I scoff at them.

:pirate

meh, i didn't know the notes and had them written on a sheet of paper, but had nowhere to put the paper, so i had to put it on a chair, hence, not looking at jeff and not holding the violin as high as usual. sorrrrryyyyy