Jeff Tweedy -- 3-3-07

It was more like the White House.

Johnny and Jenny, I know I told you, but beautiful poster. Puts the rest this year to shame. So nice to meet you.

And somebody PLEASE post the photo of Jackson (from Ft. Wayne) and Jeff

Thanks, Ken. It was great to talk to you, as well. Let's do this all over again next year, if not before! :cheers

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

meh, i didn't know the notes and had them written on a sheet of paper, but had nowhere to put the paper, so i had to put it on a chair, hence, not looking at jeff and not holding the violin as high as usual. sorrrrryyyyy

Erin, I loved when you played that. The plucking and everything, it was perfect! Really added a lot to the song. Thank you for your graciousness, and thank your family again for us. We felt very welcomed and comfortable.

And MChris and Edie, you all behave tonight! I can't believe you're going out again tonight! :hatsofftoya

Melissa and I have arrived safely back in our corner of the big mitten.

If I have one regret about this weekend, it's that I didn't have more time to talk with people. We were probably the last ones to arrive for the show, so our meet-and-greet time was minimal.

Hopefully there will be a "next time" during which I can atone for that, even if it's just a VC summit of some sort (hopefully during warmer weather this time).

So nice to meet so many of you this weekend! :wave

Oh, and j4 ... incredible work on the poster. I can't wait to get this framed ... and it shall enjoy a place of honor in our house. :thumbup

meh, i didn't know the notes and had them written on a sheet of paper, but had nowhere to put the paper, so i had to put it on a chair, hence, not looking at jeff and not holding the violin as high as usual. sorrrrryyyyy

Y,know, Erin, if you were in the Wilco Ensemble, we would have music stands upon which to place whatever prompts you might need. This year, Jeff and I shared one. We kept pivoting it back and forth, depending on who needed it most at any particular point in time.

Do not apologize! You go, girl! You were absolutely fantastic. The icing on a perfect cake.

And somebody PLEASE post the photo of Jackson (from Ft. Wayne) and Jeff

I do have a shot of Jackson and Jeff on my camera, but it is blurry. Erin or her sister took a better picture, and I'm sure they'll get it posted somewhere soon.

Oh, man. I'm supposed to be working right now and all I want to do is read this thread, look at the pictures, and read the SBS thread in "Just A Fan" -- but I can't so more later.

In a nutsell: State of bliss achieved by all. :thumbup

Oh, man. I'm supposed to be working right now and all I want to do is read this thread,

Boy, I sure do remember that sensation!

I've been away all day, and looking forward to reading this thread. Great setlist, beautiful poster, and another amazing show. Jeff outdid himself this year!

Haha, I was just joking, I bet you played spectactular. I'm not one to criticize others.

The poster is pretty awesome, I wonder how I can pick up my own copy...though I wasn't there.

Just modified the set list for the songs done w/o PA...

This show was so wonderful on so many levels; will post more tomorrow after I am able to get back to some semblance of normalcy after such a stellar weekend.

Oh, and Jeff signed the set list "Holy Moly" :lol

Just got in from the airport, I am exhausted (but i'm sure I'll be up another 3 or 4 hours, you know me!). I'm going to post my pictures tomorrow. I kept on looking through them during my flight, I think have 134 from the weekend and about 90 for just the day of the show. I hope to get them up ometime early tomorrow (they are ridicilously hi resolution, so be prepared for some margin stretching).

God, what an amazing weekend. I loved meeting all of you, and I have to see you again real soon. I'm in the tentative stages of planning a potential road trip over the summer, with stops in Atlanta, Chicago, and who knows where else. And culminating with Bonnaroo...

I guess I'm the last traveller to leave Chicago. I'll post some thoughts and pictures after I get home. Today I will enjoy my road trip by reliving the intensely beautiful memories of the weekend.

Some pix:

DSC02700.jpg

Awaiting: MChris, Missus J4, ThisYear'sGirl, Erin's Pop, BobBob, & Leo

DSC02702.jpg

The BobBorazzi stalks outside the soundcheck

DSC02707.jpg

Jeff plays Not For The Season

DSC02709.jpg

Erin adds some sweet sounds to Jesus, Etc

DSC02713.jpg

Some serious harmonizing

DSC02705.jpg

Edie, MChris and the Skyflynns toast the encore

Sounds like a really wonderful evening, especially Erin's playing! :)

Puts the rest this year to shame.

But wow....that's quite a statement!

:brow

Yeah, that was a poor choice of words. :uhoh I didn't mean to insult anybody. I just love the detail in this poster. Every time I look at it I see something else I didn't notice before. That dog looks right out of a Snuffy Smith cartoon.

I'd like to see exactly what everyone requested. Any way we could add that to the original post? I know I did "Dreamer" and thats all I remember...

I have it -- just didn't want to post it as part of this since it will be captured for posterity in Wilcobase.

I'll post it later.

133624591-M.jpg
I am madly in love with this picture.

Jenny and I enjoyed meeting and hanging with all of you good people Friday and Saturday as much as we enjoyed that incredible wonderful show, and that is saying a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TweedyPosterSm.jpg

I'm also madly in love with Johnny and Jenny Lackey, and kind of with this poster, too.

I just love the detail in this poster. Every time I look at it I see something else I didn't notice before.
:yes I have a Johnny Lackey painting in my living room, and I can spend hours looking at it (and I'm not even stoned!).

133631535-M.jpg
I'm in love with approximately three people in this picture, but you'll have to figure out for yourselves which ones.

If I have one regret about this weekend, it's that I didn't have more time to talk with people.
Brianne and Kyle mentioned on the way home from Edie's that you were there. I can't believe I didn't meet you (again)! Totally my bad. :hmm

I haven't had a chance to look at all the pictures yet, but from what I've seen and read so far, it sounds like you all had a lovely time. It was a great season for Living Room Shows! :cheers

just to hold everyone over a few minutes, i have a great one of jeff and jackson, but for some reason the attachment thing at the bottom won't attach it, so i need to find a place to host some of my pictures. it'll be up soon, as in tonight, along with an exciting ramble and a few more pics!!