Jeff Tweedy -- 3-3-07

DSC00944.jpg

alright guys, so basically i cannot thank everyone enough for just being the most wonderful, friendly, comforting people to be around and to celebrate this with. it was an honor to have it at my house, really a dream come true, so thanks you guys for making it so special for us all to experience and a great place to be. obviously jeff played amazingamazingamazingly and jen and chris rocked so much with their perfect impromptu harmonizing, and thanks for the support for jesus, etc. hahah. thanks Tom (criptique) for requesting and being excited...i know it could be better but i did what i could for playing with mr. tweedy in front of 30 friends/fans. you guys are the best, and thanks for everyone posting their pics, etc...really made my day to have such great memories to distract me hahah. still feeling a little nauseous on and off from the wacky sleep patterns/overall busy-ness and excitement of the weekend, but :dancing :dancing . i miss you all already!! i know sue and jeff had a wonderful time with all of us as they made clear and really appreciated what we did for the charity and just being fans. and also, johnny.....a little someone who adored your poster told me today that it was sent to jeff's management and they liked it and are asking for your info-- hope you don't mind that i passed that along ;) truely wonderful poster though, so impressive in detail and skill and an incredible keepsake for the night. these babies will be a hot commodity soon. miss and love you all, thanks for an amazing weekend none of us will forget...it's all you that made it so wonderful. gimme that recording, i'm in living room show withdrawl!! hahah just kidding, take your time and make it wonderful, thanks for working so hard with the set up and taking time out to come over early and have everything worked out and perfect...chandler and warner and chris, you guys rock. really looking forward to the results of your knowledge and talent!!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brianne and Kyle mentioned on the way home from Edie's that you were there. I can't believe I didn't meet you (again)! Totally my bad. :hmm

You were there? How did I miss you?

Apparently I missed meeting Kate and Graham too, which I'm also very sad about. :hmm

All the more reason for more VC events in the future! :cheers

also johnny and kyle, love your pics, thanks for posting them!! can't wait for everyone else to get theirs up to!! ken, i'll totally play with the wilco ensemble sometime if your for serious...lemme know when you guys do things, it isn't too long now until i leave chicago for cali :( (not til august)

Apparently I missed meeting Kate and Graham too, which I'm also very sad about. :hmm

I was so sad that you had left when we got there :( You were one of the main reasons we drove an hour to get there at 11pm!!

:brow
:huh

:lol

and also, johnny.....a little someone who adored your poster told me today that it was sent to jeff's management and they liked it and are asking for your info-- hope you don't mind that i passed that along ;)
:w00t

Missing Kate and Graham is a much worse deal than missing me, they're one of VC's coolest couples. :dancing :dancing

Yay more VC events in the future!

I was so sad that you had left when we got there :( You were one of the main reasons we drove an hour to get there at 11pm!!

It was awesome meeting you and Graham! I'm trying to get back to Chicago this summer, so we are definetly going to a Sox game!

Overwhelmed.

I'm not gonna try to do anything here but thank the people who made this so wonderful. I couldn't possibly sum it all up.

Thank you, Jeff and Sue, for your boundless generosity; it's a wonderful thing you do. I don't know what else to say beyond that, just thank you!

Thank you to the Coleman family for opening your fabulous home to us all and treating us so wonderfully. Everything was perfect and you made it seem effortless.

Thank you to Chandler, whose tremendous efforts are seemingly "all in a day's work." I hope everybody gives you the credit you are so reluctant to take. Take a bow my friend, you deserve it.

Thank you to Chris and Warner, we can't wait to see how it turns out and I'm sure it will be spectacular.

Thank you to Brianne and gogo, LRS veterans who gave us invaluable advice about how to just relax and enjoy the show. We couldn't achieve the former but certainly attained the latter.

Thank you, Kyle, for providing us with a fun place to express our excitement in the time leading up to the show. I'm going to miss going there every day and will probably continue to visit until you take it down.

Thank you, both to old friends I'd already met and those I yet hadn't. We may have been meeting in person for the first time but reading your posts make you a part of my life every day. I think most of you have no idea how fond I am of you and for that, I'm sure you're grateful. The only down side to all of this is that I now have a bunch more folks I'll miss every time I'm at a show and you're not there.

Finally, I want to thank everyone in the group for including Amy and I. It meant so much to me to be able to see her attend a LRS, something she had dreamed of ever since we had first heard of these things. She doesn't post here but her devotion to Jeff/Wilco surpasses my own, something I never dreamed would happen when I first started trying to make her an Uncle Tupelo fan by including New Madrid on a mix tape I made for her many years ago. The acorn I planted now towers over me.

:wub

yet another thing forgotten...donna and her daughter alyssa made the cutest bracelets for us all to have, and made enough so that jeff and sue could also wear them!! they rule, i'm wearing mine right now!!!! thanks so much.

here's the link to kristen (my sister) and my pics...not too many but some cute ones of after the show/people with jeff!! picssss

sounds (and looks) like a wonderful night. the photos are all so lovely - good lighting and don't you love when you capture the funny expressions and moments of the night that will gleam in your memory for a long time to come?

congrats everyone on wonderful living room shows this year. as my good friend Heidi used to say, we are quite a lucky bunch of people, aren't we?

yet another thing forgotten...donna and her daughter alyssa made the cutest bracelets for us all to have, and made enough so that jeff and sue could also wear them!! they rule, i'm wearing mine right now!!!! thanks so much.

Hey Erin, on a side note . . . I think that Sue may have forgotten them and left them on your bar downstairs. You may want to check. I didn't want them to get misplaced.

Thank you, both to old friends I'd already met and those I yet hadn't. We may have been meeting in person for the first time but reading your posts make you a part of my life every day. I think most of you have no idea how fond I am of you and for that, I'm sure you're grateful. The only down side to all of this is that I now have a bunch more folks I'll miss every time I'm at a show and you're not there.

That goes for me too. Next time we'll show up early and have plenty of time to talk to people! :cheers

:upset We were exhausted after a long week and a seemingly even longer drive to Chicago (the weather wasn't the best). We stayed until we were both ready to fall down.

We're definitely going to try to get into Chicago more often from now on. We somehow failed to come in for about 3

damn, this looks like it was an incredibly special night. The pictures really shed an exceptional amount of light on the joy exchanged & shared by you guys. I'm so glad that everyone enjoyed themselves as much as they did... and it just makes me realize how much I miss: Kate/Graham/KevinSkyFlynn/Donna/Kyle!!

So, on my way home, I'm thinking happily about the last few days. I remembered Jeff getting freaked out by his guitar strap touching his finger and saying how he had been a bit jumpy since the Springfield incident. After he said that, I started imagining him peeling the offending guitar from his body and maybe even wrestling it (ever so gently) to the ground. I was giddy the rest of the night, which may explain my big idea to put bunny ears behind his head for my picture. My apologies, JT, for my silliness.

IMG_1921.jpg

"She's doing it again, isn't she? :hmm"

I just have to heap more gratitude on the pile...thanks to Edie and Scott for throwing a fabulous party and welcoming me into your wonderful home. Thank you to Erin and Morgan and Erin's amazing parents for hosting this shindig. I just don't even know how to find the words to express how incredibly generously they shared their home with all of us. :wub Thank you to Johnny, Kyle, Donna, Warner, Chandler and Chris for each of their contribtions in memorializing this night. And for every old and new friend that was there. How grateful I am for all of you. We all shared something that in my life seems pretty rare, and it will linger a long time as the sweetest memory.

I have a huge warm glow of gratitude for Jeff and Sue Tweedy. This is a remarkable thing that they do. I feel humbled by the kind of generosity which drops like a tiny pebble into water and the magic radiates out into larger and larger concentric circles. Who can even know how far this generosity reaches? Thank you, thank you, thank you.

WOW!

Talk about overwhelmed! It was an enormous pleasure to meet each and every one of you!!!!!

Thank you so much to everyone....to Erin's family....to Edie and Scott.....and especially to DONNA who invited Mike and I to the show....THANK YOU DONNA SO MUCH!

We enjoyed meeting all of you....and hope that we will stay connected and will meet up again soon...anyone want to come to Baltimore on March 17th to see the Autumn Defense? We will be there!

I need to write more and send more thank yous out....but need to put the kids to bed (i'm still exhausted from being up past 11pm on Sat.night!)

I really don't think I will remember all of your screen names...so please email me....or I will check the living room site again....

I have photos but am in the process of touching them up. I'm going to try to post them if I can figure that out....I usually use snapfish.

THANK YOU ERIN!!!! THANK YOU DONNA!

And a huge thank you to JEFF and SUSAN.....I wish I could have told Jeff how much his music means to me when I had the chance...instead I mumbled about my 16 yo babysitter who wanted his autograph....go figure!

So Jeff...if you read these posts: Your music means the world to me and my family. Thank you!

Vanessa and Mike O'Mara

:cheekkiss

Overwhelmed.

I'm not gonna try to do anything here but thank the people who made this so wonderful. I couldn't possibly sum it all up.

Thank you, Jeff and Sue, for your boundless generosity; it's a wonderful thing you do. I don't know what else to say beyond that, just thank you!

Thank you to the Coleman family for opening your fabulous home to us all and treating us so wonderfully. Everything was perfect and you made it seem effortless.

Thank you to Chandler, whose tremendous efforts are seemingly "all in a day's work." I hope everybody gives you the credit you are so reluctant to take. Take a bow my friend, you deserve it.

Thank you to Chris and Warner, we can't wait to see how it turns out and I'm sure it will be spectacular.

Thank you to Brianne and gogo, LRS veterans who gave us invaluable advice about how to just relax and enjoy the show. We couldn't achieve the former but certainly attained the latter.

Thank you, Kyle, for providing us with a fun place to express our excitement in the time leading up to the show. I'm going to miss going there every day and will probably continue to visit until you take it down.

Finally, I want to thank everyone in the group for including Amy and I. It meant so much to me to be able to see her attend a LRS, something she had dreamed of ever since we had first heard of these things. She doesn't post here but her devotion to Jeff/Wilco surpasses my own, something I never dreamed would happen when I first started trying to make her an Uncle Tupelo fan by including New Madrid on a mix tape I made for her many years ago. The acorn I planted now towers over me.

A wonderful post, Kevin, and you did it with no quoting and only one emoticon!

I should also add that it was great to see and/or meet everyone on Friday night, and also to hang out with the Madison crew at the pre-preparty featuring the AD on Thursday night. ;)

DSC00944.jpg

THAT'S the one I was looking for!! :rock (notice the Lou Malnati's Chicago-style deep-dish pizza and assorted goodies assembled for Jeff to take with him) Thanks, Erin, I'll keep you posted on W.E. stuff.

p.s., I really enjoyed talking to your dad. He used to live in Palatine, where I grew up, and it turns out we have mutual acquaintances. What a small world. :cheers