Rank the Wilco albums

Who cares? I'm printing out this thing, making a shit ton of copies, and handing 'em out in the parking lot at Solid Sound. All in the noble pursuit of educating the people, you understand.

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Almost THREE YEARS since our last contestant?  Sheesh.   Anyways, this new record does fit in with the other releases right where @Beltmann predicted.  I sense a trend.   AM B

I especially love the feature in our “new” board that says “2 years later…” like it’s some cheap movie or tv show.   

I'm not interested in doing that, either, which is why I'm definitely putting CC at the very bottom of my list. Putting it anywhere else? The mind boggles.

Posted Images

Can't believe nobody rated W(TA) or TWL back on the earlier pages. What were they on?

Anyway, I've input all relevant info into my shiny new sabermetric app and I've come to the following conclusion.

AM, BT, S, YHF, AGIB, SBS, W(TA), TWL

In every newcomers defense it just says "Rank the Wilco ALbums" in the title.  If I joined a board and came to a thread years old and tens of pages long, I might not read the first post.

I know that's less of a funny thing to say.  Sorry to all of you sadistic devils. 

In every newcomers defense it just says "Rank the Wilco ALbums" in the title.  If I joined a board and came to a thread years old and tens of pages long, I might not read the first post.

I know that's less of a funny thing to say.  Sorry to all of you sadistic devils. 

THE WORLD MAKES SENSE NOW

Maybe you're right, although I was just trying to reply in a non-snarky way.

But a more straightforward response is that I don't enjoy insider-ism and poking fun at newbies. I don't enjoy it when it's directed at me, and I don't take any pleasure in doing it to others. I think of VC as a fun diversion and a generally welcoming community.

It doesn't seem like this is everyone's idea of what the place is all about, though. And of course that really is fine. We can all come here for what we want and try to avoid or disengage from what we don't want.

Peace! Serenity now!

Wilco Me is just a genuinely great member of VC. Although I take no offense to being poked at as a semi-newbie, and often laugh at it, I appreciate people like Wilco Me, just in case it gets out of hand and us newbies need a shoulder to cry on. God knows Jules won't be that shoulder... :uhoh

As someone who has been here for a while, and is also anti-poking-fun-at-newbies, I have always considered this thread to be a harmless bit of fun.  Everyone catches on eventually, feels a little silly, and then moves on.

Guest Jules
Wilco Me is just a genuinely great member of VC. Although I take no offense to being poked at as a semi-newbie, and often laugh at it, I appreciate people like Wilco Me, just in case it gets out of hand and us newbies need a shoulder to cry on. God knows Jules won't be that shoulder... :uhoh

Huh?

As someone who has been here for a while, and is also anti-poking-fun-at-newbies, I have always considered this thread to be a harmless bit of fun.  Everyone catches on eventually, feels a little silly, and then moves on.

There's nothing harmless about this thread - it's the kind of thread your mother always warned you about.  If this thread was a 80's teen movie archetype, it would be John Bender from Breakfast Club.  Or one of those heshers from The River's Edge (but not Keanu...dude was dreamy.)

P.S. This thread was not intended to poke fun at new people to the board.  Quite the contrary, actually.

There's nothing harmless about this thread - it's the kind of thread your mother always warned you about.  If this thread was a 80's teen movie archetype, it would be John Bender from Breakfast Club.  Or one of those heshers from The River's Edge (but not Keanu...dude was dreamy.)

I'm only even vaguely aware of what this thread is about.