I really went out on a limb.

Way to sneak that #2 seed in there. Upset city, baby! :dancing

I hope your championship prediction is wrong. The state of Ohio might launch a nuclear war on Florida if they lose another championship game to the Gators. :lol

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to sneak that #2 seed in there. Upset city, baby! :dancing

I hope your championship prediction is wrong. The state of Ohio might launch a nuclear war on Florida if they lose another championship game to the Gators. :lol

they're stockpiled in Wapokoneta and pointed south . . .

Michael Ventre is trying to make a case at msnbc.com that the NCAA needs to add more teams to the field for the tournament, and the only reason they don't is that 64 (or 65) is an artificial number designed to leave some "decent" teams to draw ratings for the NIT. Apparently, adding a few additional slots "wouldn

Michael Ventre is trying to make a case at msnbc.com that the NCAA needs to add more teams to the field for the tournament, and the only reason they don't is that 64 (or 65) is an artificial number designed to leave some "decent" teams to draw ratings for the NIT.

There are always debates about who squeezes into the last spots in the tourney and who gets left out, but that's part of the drama. We might be starting to see more parity among teams, but until the current 15 and 16 seeds start making a dent in the brackets, I really don't see a need to add more teams.

Guest Jules
That's the nature of competition. Have a better season next year, or get over it.

Well said. I've heard this argued a few times this week. It's been ~25 years since it went to 64 and there are many more good programs now than back then. Still, seeing that there are usually only a couple teams with something to bitch about every year, I don't see the problem. Plus, it's a great tournament and lasts long enough as it is. Don't fuck with it.

Believe me, as a Virginia fan, I've had my share of disappointment due to bubble teams having to settle for the NIT (or just plain going home), so I speak from experience. It sucks, but there's nothing to do about it but hope the team wins another couple of games next year. Crying about it just makes you look like a bitch.

final 4

Florida

UCLA

TX

TX A&M

UCLA vs TX A&M

UCLA winner

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- UCLA point guard Darren Collison sprained his ankle during practice Tuesday but will likely be ready to play in the Bruins' NCAA tournament first-round game against Weber State.

Collison suffered a first-degree sprain to his left ankle during practice Tuesday, UCLA spokesman Marc Dellins said. The sophomore guard is listed as probable for Thursday night's game in Sacramento.

Collison is third on the team in scoring at 12.6 per game and leads the team in assists with 179.

The Bruins are the second seed in the West Regional.

:o :(

it's a great time to be a buckeye fan

Finally stop licking your wounds from Jan 8

I would trade this #1 seed for a do-over of Jan 8 in teh feetball.

What was it 42-14? Do you really think there would be a different outcome?

But as a Big Blue Fan I don't see the kats gettin to far :hmm

Hard to say, but it couldn't be worse, could it? Next time around I recommend more weight-room and less buffet-table. I didn't recognize the team that showed up (or didn't) that night, but its all good cuz I have mostly convinced myself it never happened. :cheers

Anyway, its basketball season now. I'm less of a die-hard for Buckeye b-ball. I'll root for them, but it won't kill me if they lose. I'll probably even root against them if they play Virginia in the 3rd or Georgetown in the Final Four.

Believe me, as a Virginia fan, I've had my share of disappointment due to bubble teams having to settle for the NIT (or just plain going home), so I speak from experience. It sucks, but there's nothing to do about it but hope the team wins another couple of games next year. Crying about it just makes you look like a bitch.

your a virginia fan?...sorry but Albany is gonna pull the upset and dave leito is a little bitch he will leave as soon as he gets another job offer

final 4

Collison suffered a first-degree sprain to his left ankle during practice Tuesday, UCLA spokesman Marc Dellins said. The sophomore guard is listed as probable for Thursday night's game in Sacramento.

:o :(

maybe that's why Reggie Miller picked his alma-mater to get upset by Gonzaga.

Finally stop licking your wounds from Jan 8

Yes. Ginn was fast enough to force Florida to double-cover him, leaving Gonzales, Hartline, Robiskie and gang completely open to tear their defense apart. With Ginn out they could single-cover everyone else.

And missing a whole 51 as compared to 30 or so days makes a HUGE HUGE HUGE difference.

That game never happened.

But I'm excited for this year's tournament.

To be honest, OSU is going to be godly next year, with or without Oden. We have two 7' incomers for next year. It's going to be fabulous.

your a virginia fan?...sorry but Albany is gonna pull the upset and dave leito is a little bitch he will leave as soon as he gets another job offer

Ha ha ha. I have UVA picked to win the whole thing, not that I think they will. The two games I watched this season, both decisive wins over good teams, lead me to believe that they can beat anybody, provided they show up. Which they have not proven they can do consistently (cf. their last two games). I would be hard pressed to find something I care less about than Dave Leito's job prospects. Unless, of course, he leads the Cavs to a championship. How does taking a better offer make you a bitch, though?

The thing is, they have to show up 6 times in a row. That's the hard part.

I really don't think UVA is going to win it, but I wouldn't criticize the pick. To win those pools, you often have to make a few crazy picks and hope you get lucky. Yeah, Virginia is less likely to win than, say, Florida, but a ton of people are picking Florida. If you pick Florida and they win, you could still end up in the middle of the pack, but if Virginia wins, you're likely to win and if not you certainly will come close.

Yes. Ginn was fast enough to force Florida to double-cover him, leaving Gonzales, Hartline, Robiskie and gang completely open to tear their defense apart. With Ginn out they could single-cover everyone else.

And missing a whole 51 as compared to 30 or so days makes a HUGE HUGE HUGE difference.

That game never happened.

:crybaby

To win those pools, you often have to make a few crazy picks and hope you get lucky.

I have one bracket with Old Dominion winning it all. Granted, I only put $1 on it, so it would be more bragging rights than anything else if it actually played out that way.