Yanks sux because Cashman hasn't signed the right pitchers

Farnsworth

Jarred Wrght

Pavano was a good sign, injuries not his fault

with the money he has to spend, bullpen should be better

The Pavano and Wright signings were back when King George had final say over the roster decisions. Since that awful offseason Cashman has been in charge and has done a much better job.

Pavano was an awful signing. He had one good year and was rewarded with a foolish contract. He is a groundball pitcher who benefitted from the Marlins having 3 gold glove caliber infielders that season. The Yankees infield defense is not good at all (with Mientkiwicz they improved somewhat, but are still pretty awful), so he was never going to be good with them.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets Go Mets!

Well said.

i'm sure Pavano was hoping for Tommy John surgery.

and the 19 injuries that have kept him sidelined since he got here, including slamming his porsche into the back of a tractor trailer?

He yankee career saw him paid 2 million a start.

Yanks sux because Cashman hasn't signed the right pitchers

Farnsworth

Jarred Wrght

Pavano was a good sign, injuries not his fault

with the money he has to spend, bullpen should be better

And that just about sums it up. Fire Torre? Nah. Fire Cashman.

Fight almost broke out in the Marlins game. This has been a crazy game. 2 hit batters, Marlins manager was thrown out after arguing an awful call, Abraham Nunez got punched in the head when Miguel Olivo tried to throw a base stealer out and Nunez leaned out in front of the plate, Jon Leiber threw behind Dontrelle Willis, Willis threw behind Leiber, Willis and the Phillie's bench had words, and the benches cleared, nobody was tossed, but both benches have been warned.

I was at a baseball game and a hockey game almost broke out.

I watched a bit of the FLA v. PHI game and saw some of this wackiness. Also a ball bobbled loose at home after a nice tag.

And tomorrow night is Cuban Heritage Night at the park (according to the broadcast).

I watched a bit of the FLA v. PHI game and saw some of this wackiness. Also a ball bobbled loose at home after a nice tag.

And tomorrow night is Cuban Heritage Night at the park (according to the broadcast).

Yes, tomorrow is cuban heritage night. El Duque is going for the Mets. Fitting.

That was a great slide by Olivo to knock the ball out on the play at home.

This has been a crazy game, going into the bottom of the tenth. The Phillies used their entire bench on two pinch run/double switches in the 8th. Stupid move.

What a game, what a win!

You know, it's sad that he was a young guy and has died, but cripes it's now everybody else's fault besides the guy that drank the booze, had the weed, made the decision to drive, and was speeding while talking on his phone? And opted not to wear a seatbelt. Incredible.

I'm flabbergasted that they're suing the tow truck operator and the guy whose car stalled. Why not the automobile manufacturer as well? With such an inability to accept any sense of responsibility it's no fucking wonder this kid died a drunk. Thank god he didn't leave any carnage in his wake. A counter suit should be filed against him for being a shitty dad and not hauling him off to rehab.

I'm flabbergasted that they're suing the tow truck operator and the guy whose car stalled. Why not the automobile manufacturer as well? With such an inability to accept any sense of responsibility it's no fucking wonder this kid died a drunk. Thank god he didn't leave any carnage in his wake. A counter suit should be filed against him for being a shitty dad and not hauling him off to rehab.

I can picture the testimony in the suit against the tow truck driver...

JUDGE: So, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, over the last two days you have heard the plaintiff's case laid out in excruciating detail. Now it's the defendant's turn. The defendant is representing himself in this case. Sir?

DEFENDANT: The plaintiff is a total assface, your honor. The defense rests.

Fight almost broke out in the Marlins game. This has been a crazy game. 2 hit batters, Marlins manager was thrown out after arguing an awful call, Abraham Nunez got punched in the head when Miguel Olivo tried to throw a base stealer out and Nunez leaned out in front of the plate, Jon Leiber threw behind Dontrelle Willis, Willis threw behind Leiber, Willis and the Phillie's bench had words, and the benches cleared, nobody was tossed, but both benches have been warned.

I was at a baseball game and a hockey game almost broke out.

I love quotes like this:

And the point of Danys Baez is what exactly?

Making sure the team doesn't get all uppity by, you know, winning on a consistent basis or anything. Its the Angelos Way. :(

(I also agree with the idea of making everyone else look good by comparison)

it is purely a money grab. sue as many initially and cobble together whatever settlement you can get.

he would have to hold no regard for his son to proceed with this litigation in that any detailed examination of what happened comes back to the difficulties in driving a car while drunk, high and talking on a cell phone at night.

That is such a dick move by the family, I can't even begin to describe how upsetting it is. Your son made some awful, awful choices and paid the price. Don't try to make other people out to be the bad guys.

Don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but since the topic of this thread was changed to "Go Nationals", the Nats have won 10 of their last 14 games and pushed Cincinnati down into last place. I think they've also led the league in scoring over the past 5 or 6 games.

The power of Via Chicago knows no limits.

Don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but since the topic of this thread was changed to "Go Nationals", the Nats have won 10 of their last 14 games and pushed Cincinnati down into last place. I think they've also led the league in scoring over the past 5 or 6 games.

The power of Via Chicago knows no limits.

Playing Baltimore and Cinci didn't hurt, either.