Studio version of "the thanks I get" in commercial.

Five different songs, whoa. I haven't had a chance to check out any of the links, but I just think it's funny that someone is using "The Thanks I Get" to advertise ... well, anything, really. Aside from maybe Hallmark cards or something.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The songs feel really weird in the commercials.

Yeah, it reminds me of when you were a kid and you saw your teacher at the grocery store buying milk and wearing sweatpants. Just so out of their element

Good for them.

Five songs in five different spots for a new VW ad campaign. I know Jeff is a big fan of Nick Drake, but still...

Came in from my workout this evening, grabbed a soda, flopped down in front of the TV, turned it on ... just in time to see the commercial.

The studio version sounded fantastic ... so I had to figure out the bonus content (goddamned QuickTime preferences) and do the download. :)

While flipping thru the channels this AM, I hear The Thanks I Get. I think...no, it can't be...I flip back a channnel or two to a VW commerical.

Pretty cool.

I'm running late getting ready for work, but that made me get to see it...yea!!! :dancing

Sold out? When the hell did the Volkswagen, pretty much the Third Reich's only positive contribution to mankind and transporter of countless hippies, Jesus freaks, poets, educators and other cool people, become a bad thing? How can any company that produced something as amazing as Herbie the Love Bug ever be considered an uncool drag on society?

(Seriously, I'm sure every manjack of us on this board, if we had a creative something a large company would pay us a large chunk of change for, would happily cash a check from that large company. If you think you wouldn't, you need to grow up a bit still. This just in: The world is an awfully unsentimental place, and bill collectors don't accept integrity as payment.)