Predictions for Wilco's Tonight Show appearance?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You Are My Face.

You are on national TV, play the best song off the new album.

Then wouldn't they be playing "Impossible Germany" or "Hate It Here"?

(Actually, those three songs are so good they are all 1a. 1b. and 1c.)

Guest tandylacker

What's the Side With Seeds with moody intro? I feel like getting moody, anyone have a link to this?

If we can learn anything from history, then we should know that they are going to play I'm A Wheel.

Used to post here but stopped as most of you were pretty mean, but just checked the mail...Not only was my Amazon purchased copy of "Learning How to die" in the mailbox...but my Self addressed stamped envelope with a pair of Aug. 30th Leno tickets were there as well!! I was lucky enough to be at Letterman a few months back also...Yippeee!! Today has started out as quite the Wilco filled Saturday indeed :D

Still are, I suspect. :rolleyes

No, not since the last debacle, but honestly couldn't resist when I checked the mail on Sat. Just like I couldn't resist when my sister got me into Letterman a few months back. And Obviously checking in now to see if anyone is being "mean" again..Thanks for not...Ok..I'm out..Maybe I'll post in this thread one more time after Leno, depending on what time I get home to let y'all know what song to expect....Just don't be mean, OK? :P

No, not since the last debacle, but honestly couldn't resist when I checked the mail on Sat. Just like I couldn't resist when my sister got me into Letterman a few months back. And Obviously checking in now to see if anyone is being "mean" again..Thanks for not...Ok..I'm out..Maybe I'll post in this thread one more time after Leno, depending on what time I get home to let y'all know what song to expect....Just don't be mean, OK? :P

Are you the one who was lambasted for spoiling a Sopranos plot point?

you wouldn't hit a guy with glasses wowuld ya?

• 2 weeks later...
Bump... reminder: Wilco on Leno this Thursday, August 30th.

Thank you Beltmann. I'd kind of forgot this.

Just a word of warning for tonight's Leno performance. Almost all of the musical performances on these shows go a couple of minutes late. It has something to do with extended local news going to like 10:37 central time. Then the "comedy" show starts. So if you are planning on watching Wilco's performance via your DVR, make sure to extend it a couple minutes.

However, if you are in Chicago, there is a preseason Bears game on NBC tonight at 7 PM. It is scheduled to go 3 hours followed by local news and Leno. The last couple of games have gone roughly 3 hours 15 minutes, then the local news is shown in its entirety. So for Chicago Wilco fans watching on DVR, I would add at least 30 minutes to the end of your recording, 1 hour to be safe.

However, if you are in Chicago, there is a preseason Bears game on NBC tonight at 7 PM. It is scheduled to go 3 hours followed by local news and Leno. The last couple of games have gone roughly 3 hours 15 minutes, then the local news is shown in its entirety. So for Chicago Wilco fans watching on DVR, I would add at least 30 minutes to the end of your recording, 1 hour to be safe.

Thanks for the advice dude! :thumbup I would have been pissed if my DVR cutout early.

Jesus, etc - mellow

I'm a Wheel - hard driving

My guess is they'll go mellow - either Hate it Here or Side with the seeds. If they play You are my Face, I will

be massively disappointed and probably go right to sleep.

I still think Walken would blow the audience away. Because the last half of Germany has no vocals, I would be shocked

if they played that.