Who would you pick?

Ryan and Conner will both be making appearences in Champaign in October. Do do not having a lot of money to spend on concerts (hey, day care kills money dead) I could only pick one. I chose Adams. 7th row on the side. If M Ward lays along with Bright Eyes I may have to sell myself on the corner for 30 bucks. Which one would you pick?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i did see bright eyes a few months ago and he had a rather large band, a cool etch-o-sketch background and a white suit to boot.

he sounded great as well. i would probably go with ryan adams but bright eyes most recent show was a large upgrade from the previous tour i saw.

Sorry folks, but I gotta go with Bright Eyes, even if I'm not that into the new album. Go check out the setlists from Ryan Adams' tour. BORING. "It takes two when it used to take one" :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown

Seen both within the last 6 months.

Bright Eyes with the large band and Gillian Welch and David Rawlings as opener. Highlight of that show was Gillian and David joining Conor and then the whole band for a couple of tunes. The Bright Eyes set was average, unless you're a 16 year-old girl, most of whom were unable to contain themselves (actually, that was pretty entertaining).

Ryan Adams and the Cardinals was an excellent show. Most of the set was from ET, CR, JCN, 29 and LIH. One of the tightest, well-performed shows I've seen.

I think you made the right choice.

The Ryan Adams crowd could easily beat up the Bright Eyes crowd.

I'm not saying that's a criterion by which to decide. It's just an observation.

One word for those who would choose Ryan Adams

LOSERS!