Best and worst venues you've seen Wilco play

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First Avenue--a combination of the intimacy of the place and mpls guests for their shows there.

Eagle's Ballroom is the worst place I've seen a show--not Wilco, though. But I'll be seeing them there in Oct, so I suspect that will be my worst.

Best: The Ryman Auditorium!

worst: there hasn't been one yet, but if i had to choose, i'd say merriweather. it was great for me, but that's because i was down front and center, i'd never want to be on the lawn at that venue though.

I loved the State Palace Theatre in NO. Just looked around on Google and someone posted earlier this year that it had been shut down for fire code violations. It sustained some flood damage, but needs a big overhaul. Also that funky ballroom in Wichita was pretty cool.

Of course, the Vic is wonderful, though I have seen them there only once. And anyone's living room :lol

Least favorite: Auditorium

Best probably the Mercury (now Parish) in Austin (9-02) or the Metropolis in Montreal (6-03).

Worst by far is the Tower City Amphitheater in Cleveland (6-03). Basically a big tent over a parking lot. Not worth linking to.

Even better than the Mercury show was the one they played at Antones in '99. My greatest concert experience of all time, hands down.

i'm kinda with edie on this one, but didn't want to be the first to say it. :mellow

I have seen them there four times, and tbh, I think the place just swallows them up compared to smaller venues. I think their worst performance (imo) was the Katrina benefit in Nov 05.

I have high hopes for Pritzker Pav.