For the first time in almost 12 years...

John wrote and sang this track.

Very nice performance, the band sounded really good and John obviously doesn't suffer from 'Stage Fright'. It sounded like some people in the crowd were singing along too.

I still think "parlay" is a word that shouldn't be allowed in song lyrics, but hey. It's a good song.

weird how much that sounds like a (the) Band song

i never really enjoyed this on AM but I have to say I kind of like this rendition

I sometimes wonder 'what if' John had had room to develop his lead vocal.......... Then again, Tweedy needed this to be "his band", and if not for him I doubt there'd even be a Wilco post-'99 or so.

The Band had Rick, Richard and Levon each capable of great lead vox. And maybe that's where they'll always be rated higher than Wilco. I do think John's backing harmonies are a huge and perhaps underrated asset in Wilco's sound. Same for his bass playing. :thumbup

Guest Left Arm Tan
I sometimes wonder 'what if' John had had room to develop his lead vocal.......... Then again, Tweedy needed this to be "his band", and if not for him I doubt there'd even be a Wilco post-'99 or so.

The Band had Rick, Richard and Levon each capable of great lead vox. And maybe that's where they'll always be rated higher than Wilco. I do think John's backing harmonies are a huge and perhaps underrated asset in Wilco's sound. Same for his bass playing. :thumbup

what are you talking about? all of you people that make jeff look like a nazi for kicking jay douche-bennett out of the band are ridiculous. i highly doubt jeff refuses to let john make a vocal contribution because it's "his band."

just take it easy... we all saw IATTBYH too man.

what are you talking about? all of you people that make jeff look like a nazi for kicking jay douche-bennett out of the band are ridiculous. i highly doubt jeff refuses to let john make a vocal contribution because it's "his band."

just take it easy... we all saw IATTBYH too man.

Huh? :pirate

I don't think Jeff's any kind of a nazi. He's the 'center' of Wilco and steers the creative forces behind the world's best rock band. I honestly don't think Wilco could have survived its' ups and downs without Jeff at the helm.

Isn't that what I said?