• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a minute!

NBC has confirmed that the title of the supersecret season finale of The Office is...wait for it..."Goodbye, Toby." Gaaah! Could they really be letting our favorite mumbly, bumbly HR friend go? Is this the departing castmember Jenna Fischer has hinted at?

Well, according to our sources, writer-actor Paul Lieberstein is staying with The Office. Now, does that mean he's staying on as an actor, or as a writer? Truth told, I didn't ask because I got distracted by something shiny along the way...(Sorry, but you don't want the finale ruined anyway, do you?)

Michael Schur

Now, you ask, what was said thing so shiny? I'm hearing from sources that writer-actor Mike Schur, best known to Office viewers as Mose Schrute, Dwight's possibly inbred and fully hilarious cousin, will be running The Office spinoff along with Greg Daniels next season. Woot!

NBC declined to comment on whether that's true.

Ed Helms

Rumors that it's a Dwight spinoff have been denied

I have a feeling Ryan will end up back in Scranton and Jim will get his job.

Interesting - Toby is going to leave - so there must be something that is going to happen over what he did to Jim.

My theory is that it is going to come down to Michael having to choose between Jim and Toby, and he'll choose Jim.

Interesting. The tone of the show certainly went from wacky to somewhat disturbing.

I now believe this show jumped the shark with the whole Jim-Pam thing.

I was a bit concerned when they had Jim & Pam hook up so quickly in the series. This is the kinda of stuff usually reserved for season 6 or 7 when a show is usually in decline anyway. I can see it now: the inevitable proposal, break-up and reunion story arcs are going to be coming in the next few seasons.

I'm actually glad to see the show refuse to milk the old will-they-or-won't-they story thread. That gimmick has been worn to death. When two people that obviously ought to be together are artificially kept apart through endless contrivances, both the show and the characters just end up looking stupid. Besides, why can't an office sitcom include as part of its dynamic a committed couple? Might be refreshing to see a healthy, funny relationship, especially when they serve as foils for all the other lunatics.

I'm actually glad to see the show refuse to milk the old will-they-or-won't-they story thread. That gimmick has been worn to death. When two people that obviously ought to be together are artificially kept apart through endless contrivances, both the show and the characters just end up looking stupid. Besides, why can't an office sitcom include as part of its dynamic a committed couple? Might be refreshing to see a healthy, funny relationship, especially when they serve as foils for all the other lunatics.

Which is what is so great about the original BBC version