Guest Jules

Finally watched this last night. It was great. I was meh on much of the season, including the whole Jim/Pam thing, but even that was done well. One liner after one liner.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally watched this last night. It was great. I was meh on much of the season, including the whole Jim/Pam thing, but even that was done well. One liner after one liner.

I completely agree. I think the writers for most shows were kind of scrambling to come up with episodes to cram everything in and end their respective seasons, and the shows suffered because of it.

But The Office finale knocked it out of the park.

• 1 month later...

Ricky Gervais' blog

Had some great news today about the American version of The Office.

Steve Carell (now one of the most bankable film stars in the world) has just signed up for another three years with us. He is the hardest working man in Hollywood and the harder he works the better it is for me. I mean... well done Steve you are wonderful.

I had to wear a beard for one day on This Side of The Truth and I hated every minute of it. Steve had to do months of that in Evan Almighty and I heard he didn't complain once. He is a very nice man and deserves all his success. I am just as dedicated to my art without compromise but only between the hours of 9 and 3pm.

We are also working on a spinoff series of The American Office but I can't tell you anything about that yet.

Tribute to Kelly

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

'Office' actor Craig Robinson faces drug charges

Fri Aug 15, 6:05 PM ET

LOS ANGELES - Prosecutors have filed felony drug charges against Craig Phillip Robinson, an actor best known for his role as Darryl Philbin on NBC's "The Office."

According to documents released Friday, police in Culver City arrested Robinson on June 29 on suspicion of possessing MDMA, also known as ecstasy, and methamphetamine. He was released the same day after posting bail, jail records show.

Los Angeles County prosecutors charged Robinson with two felony counts of drug possession and one count of being under the influence of illegal drugs.

Robinson's publicist declined comment Friday. The 36-year-old is scheduled to appear in court on August 21.

He is familiar to television audiences for his portrayal of Philbin, a warehouse foreman on "The Office." He also recently appeared in the comedy film "Pineapple Express."

• 2 weeks later...

New clips - that is, deleted scenes from last season.

Sometimes, it is more sad than funny - when one can see things in that show that happen where they work. We have the same phone system, among other things.

W(e)indy - can you fix up the title of this thread - since you are into fixing up thread titles?

• 4 weeks later...
The comments about Kelly standing on the chair were priceless.

Michael: Dwight, I would like you to apologize to this beautiful, beautiful woman for forcing her to walk five miles, which for her is basically a death march.

Dwight: She should thank me.

Michael: Ok Phyllis, thank Dwight first.

Phyllis: Why should I have to thank him?

Michael: You're right, you're right. Just, Dwight, do it. Just say it ok.

Dwight: [exhales] I apologize for creating a ruse which forced you to exercise.

Michael: Finally. Right? Ok, Phyllis you must be exhausted from standing on those gams. Why don't you have a seat? [Phyllis sits] Let's all clap at Phyllis. [everyone claps] Ok! [in Michael Clump voice] When Michael Clump wants to remind you [normal voice] that corporate... their idea, yes, was to urge you to lose weight, but more importantly what this whole thing is about, this contest is really about being healthy. And in order to be healthy, you have to eat, Kelly. Kelly. [kneels down in front of Kelly, Dwight tries to help him down, Michael shouts gibberish at him] Kelly, I want you to stand up on your chair. Come on, stand up on your chair. Stand up, stand up, stand up. Somebody help her. Here we go. [Kelly stands up on her chair] Ok, I want you to look at her. She's a beautiful Indian woman. Why? What makes her beautiful?

Ryan: [stands up] Everything. She's perfect.

Meredith: I like her nails.

Michael: Ok, be more specific.

Meredith: I like her fingernails.

Phyllis: I like her purple dress.

Michael: What about her looks?

Creed: Hell of an ass.

Kelly: ...what else do people like?

Phyllis: I wonder what people like about me? ... Probably my jugs.

Laughed a few times, but overall, I thought the episode was weak - definitely a letdown after last season's finale.

I just thought they were trying too hard. IMO, the show has always excelled at subtle humor within the boundaries of the characters they have realistically depicted. Last night felt like all the characters were caricatures of themselves. All over the top.

I'm hoping that it'll improve.

Laughed a few times, but overall, I thought the episode was weak - definitely a letdown after last season's finale.

I just thought they were trying too hard. IMO, the show has always excelled at subtle humor within the boundaries of the characters they have realistically depicted. Last night felt like all the characters were caricatures of themselves. All over the top.

I'm hoping that it'll improve.

I think part of that deal is the length - when it is an hour long, it seems to lag.

I think part of that deal is the length - when it is an hour long, it seems to lag.

Yeah, whenever I hear a comedy is going to do an hour long episode, I get a little hesitant. The rule of thumb seems to be that overall, they aren't as funny.

A couple of gripes. First, I could live without the Ryan character. I thought his exit at the end of last season was perfect. I was ready for his character to disappear for awhile.

Second, Dwight is starting to annoy me. I use to find him extremely funny. Now, even parts of last season, he's just not doing it for me. It's not the same. I can't necessarily pinpoint the reason.

Biggest letdown of last night's episode, however, was Holly. Just didn't find her funny at all.