A thread about death and dying

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm incredibly sorry, Gary. Sending all my best for peace and comfort for you and your boy, and your entire family. Please know you are in our thoughts.

(Beautiful initial post btw.)

Lots of hugs and love to you, Gary and anyone else who is feeling the pain of loss. Losing people sucks. I know we're supposed to embrace it as a natural thing, sometimes beautiful in a way, but it still burns like a motherf*cker to lose someone you love. Listen to some beautiful music, hug everyone you know, and try to keep good thoughts and memories in the front of your mind and hopefully you can pull some smiles through the tears here and there during your time of grief. :hug

My condolences, G. Your son is lucky to have a father with your insight.

Ji Jang Bosal.

We are given the people in our lives for a reason, so like dirty potatoes we bump into one another to clean ourselves off. Gary, I am so sorry for your loss.

Many hugs to you and N,

Edie

• 2 weeks later...

Sickness and death have come visiting my family this past week. Bethanydear's grandmother passed away on Monday. She was my earliest mentor and I loved her.

"Nana, as her family called her, was a naturalist and loved her cottage home in the woods along the Blanchard River. Her father was a florist, and helped her start her own garden when she was five. She continued to garden, keep chickens, and was an active member of the Gathering Basket Herb Society until her death. She had just recently received her seed order for the spring. A Scottish Terrier breeder, she loved all dogs. She was a life-long learner and inveterate reader (especially mystery novels), and a member of the Institute for Learning in Retirement at Bluffton University. She was a wood-carver for fifty years and was well known for gifts of her Santas and gnomes. Her family and friends will remember her for her enthusiasm for life, her sense of humor, her love of her family and the University of Michigan, and her Thoreauvian life-style. She was always ready for an adventure and is now on to a new one."

A book I am reading has pointed to the idea that nowhere is death more implicit than in love.