I don't know if he still posts here, but I am hoping to get up to Boston and meet Sir Stewart some day.

This would be something.

:wub

I was so young. Must've been right after I turned 16...

I talked at you on Edie's phone Wednesday night - did you catch any of it? I couldn't hear you at all.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got to talk to Lady of Eating and Beating on the phone this week!

Hope to meet you in person in April Alison! that goes for KimCatch22 (and many other VCers!) too.

there is no hope!!! it will be done!!! we need to gang up on kevin & make him come out to!!!

Brianne is the first VC I ever met, and I didn't even know it. We hit the same Midwest shows in the fall of 07, and it wasn't until later that I figured out the Brianne from the shows was.... you know, BRIANNE on VC. Call me Sherlock.

In no particular order...

VWcommercial

lady of eating and beating

marigrrrl

Rick & Laurie from Boston

Leo

Chris Cross

Andrew

Larry

edie

Ms Yvon

LouieB

GregRVA

Big Shoulders

kimcatch22

Pigsooie

j4lackey

foolinrain97

insideoutoflove

Brianne

pneyu

bbop

sooz

alison the wilca

gogo

samorama

Sir Stewart (very briefly and from a distance...)

Elixir Sue

Dude

And there are others whose screen names I simply don't know or remember. Jen, Melissa, Aimee, Elaine from Seinfeld, G. Bush who traveled with Elaine, etc.

Brianne is the first VC I ever met, and I didn't even know it. We hit the same Midwest shows in the fall of 07, and it wasn't until later that I figured out the Brianne from the shows was.... you know, BRIANNE on VC. Call me Sherlock.

In no particular order...

alison the wilca

we're trying to figure out when this happened

i got there after doors opened for each of the shows, though. maybe after?? it is totally possible we have met but i can't think of where it may have happened! :)

Nope, the person I'm thinking of I met beforehand. Ah, well. Maybe we'll actually meet next time!

Ha! It's actually a (lame) joke from a couple years ago - some rental car company had a lot called "Preferred B" and that's where we picked up our car. I decided that was my rap name.

A few years ago I convinced the entire sophomore class that, once upon a time, I had recorded a hip-hop album under the name of B-dawg. Also, I am a guru of the breakdance.

I talked at you on Edie's phone Wednesday night - did you catch any of it? I couldn't hear you at all.

Damnit.

I couldn't hear anything when she called. Must've been like three times I tried to talk to you guys and I couldn't hear a thing. That makes me sad.

• 2 weeks later...

I never did my full list, but let's just pretend I had. And now, I can add to that list: stooka and Mrs. stooka! And they were lovely! They're both going on gogo's Official List of VCers That You Really Should Meet, If You Ever Get The Chance.

:wave to the stookas! Hope you had a great time here, and a very safe trip home. :cheekkiss

I hung out with Elixir Sue and the Dude last weekend, and had a brief, albeit funny, encounter with SarahC. I was hanging over the balcony at the Ryman, checking out the stage, when she happened to run by on the floor. She looked up, yelled my name a few times, and we had a brief conversation. I was stunned that she recognized me! :)

I almost met VenusStopstheTrain2 last week, but weather and my poor planning threw monkey wrenches all over the place.

Were you wearing the skirt from that picture? That might explain it.

:rotfl

Even if I had been wearing The Tent, she wouldn't have seen it because, 1) the balcony railing blocked my lower half when I was standing, 2) I quickly got on my knees so I could hear her better, and 3) the skirt would have fallen off many, many hours earlier. :thumbup

I never did my full list, but let's just pretend I had. And now, I can add to that list: stooka and Mrs. stooka! And they were lovely! They're both going on gogo's Official List of VCers That You Really Should Meet, If You Ever Get The Chance.

:wave to the stookas! Hope you had a great time here, and a very safe trip home. :cheekkiss

I am a stooka fan, although I haven't yet had the priviledge of an in-person meeting. Someday. B)

Donna, were your ears ringing? :monkey

edit: Wait, that looks wrong. Is it ringing, or burning? What is it that your ears are supposed to be doing when people are singing your praises?

i got to talk to Lady of Eating and Beating on the phone this week!

Hope to meet you in person in April Alison! that goes for KimCatch22 (and many other VCers!) too.

Loved meeting so many wonderful VC ers et al at resdency show - (Rick and Laurie from Boston area) - we want to host a Wilco partay if they do a New England run - Edie, Louie B, Alison, Larry,Andrew , Kevn, Mary, Greg, Chris, Tamala, Rob, Yvonne, many Paul pals to and a bunch of othes whose names I am forgetting don't know all the VC names - but the very best peopple with excellent musical taste but jurt good souls ALL - thanks to all for helping us navigate Chicago and just all the laughs - sing ing together, freezing togther - the duede who played Wilco songs outside, love ya all - come see us!!

Donna, were your ears ringing? :monkey

edit: Wait, that looks wrong. Is it ringing, or burning? What is it that your ears are supposed to be doing when people are singing your praises?

It's sort of a crispy, crunchy, fiery sensation that sounds like the late bell at elementary school. Also I smell smoke. Does that help?

Why, were you talking about me? :brow

How old are you, 65Days? Bob's not even of legal drinking age.

I'm 3fucking5, which probably constitutes ancient.

Hell...I am 48...and not even close to being the oldest here...(represent Louie)