Wilco in designer clothes

I hadn't actually heard Bono & The Corrs version before, so I had to go check it out. :no

I think only Ryan's version really works for me...nice relaxed vibe and purdy vocals.

Phil Lesh (of the grateful dead) does some awesome ryan adams covers, especailly when he has Joan Osborne singing lead. I caught them debut When the stars go blue, its prutty awesome

ETA: finally watched this video, the funniest part is there is a 14 page thread about it over at the wilco board, oh wait i'm on the wilco board. You people taking this seriously need to lighten up.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was never a fan of Adams, until Cold Roses and everything he's released since. I don't really like anything he did beforehand, including Whiskeytown, so maybe I can help balance out this issue.

Interesting. I think Faithless St./Stranger's Almanac is right up there with the early Uncle Tupelo/Jayhawks albums - when speaking of so-called alt.country milestones.

That's an incredibly fun song.

"To Be Young (Is to Be Sad, Is to Be High)"

I like that song, but I swear I've heard the chorus to that in another song...It vaguely reminds me of "Girl From the North Country" in terms of melodic phrasing...but there's another song it reminds me of that I can't put my finger on.

This thread is waiting to (or maybe already has) derailed.

it derailed on page one and snowballed.

(thanks to a couple of dozen posts with some of the most inane comments i've ever had the displeasure to read)

it derailed on page one and snowballed.

(thanks to a couple of dozen posts with some of the most inane comments i've ever had the displeasure to read)

That was a joke - and this is nothing new - some of use have been doing this sort of deal on here for many years now.

Although, it has not been updated in a while - this is still a great site:

answering bell.com

Yeah, you say that all the time

And you mean it only sometimes

Are you out in all that sunshine

Waiting to derail

Wanting needing fighting feeling

Waiting to derail

Needing wanting feeling fighting

Waiting to derail

Yeah, you say that only sometimes

But you mean it all the same

Just waiting to derail

Wanting needing feeling wanting

Waiting to derail

Wanting changing

Do you feel it?

Do you feel it?

Are you waiting to derail

To derail

Waiting to derail

Waiting to derail

Waiting to derail

Waiting to derail

Are you waiting?

Yeah, you say that all the time

But you mean it only sometimes

Are you feeling better now

That you're waiting to derail

Wanting feeling trying embracing

But you're waiting to derail

Waiting. yeah, waiting to derail

You're waiting to derail

Yes you're waiting to derail

some of us have been doing this sort of deal on here for many years now.

.. that's not a good thing. haha.

and you weren't among the people whose comments were in the leftest of fields.

answeringbell's great indeed.

.. that's not a good thing. haha.

and you weren't among the people whose comments were in the leftest of fields.

Oh, but I used to like to wallow in the shit - I am trying to refrain. I think Beltman and I figured all of this out a few years ago.

and with that, i'd like to add:

RIP shit thread.

Why would you continue to come into a thread that is clearly so distressing to you? Are you one of those people that picks at your scabs and tells people how much it hurts when you do it? It's a lot easier to ignore this kind of thread than it is to get people to stop doing what's bothering you.

Why would you continue to come into a thread that is clearly so distressing to you? Are you one of those people that picks at your scabs and tells people how much it hurts when you do it? It's a lot easier to ignore this kind of thread than it is to get people to stop doing what's bothering you.

Mr. 1420, huh, is 1420 the percentage of your 12,000+ posts spent being a douche?

You've chosen two bands that can actually write and play music, would your opinion hold if we were to compare Dylan to say, a barely proficient, can hardly play their instruments, high school level garage band?

If someone preferred the high school band, I wouldn't say they were wrong. It is all subjective.

If someone preferred the high school band, I wouldn't say they were wrong. It is all subjective.

Is Jeff Tweedy subjectively or factually a better guitar player, song writer, than a person picking up a guitar for the first time, writing their first song?

Is Jeff Tweedy subjectively or factually a better guitar player, song writer, than a person picking up a guitar for the first time, writing their first song?

subjectively

Subjectively. Unless you can find a way to quantify it, anytime you use the word "better" it is always going to be subjective.

And even when they've found ways to quantify things like who is better, as in baseball, there is still little to no agreement.

Factually. C'mon this is getting a bit ridiculous. While intrinsic beauty in Art is very much subjective, there are means to reasonably assess what is generally regarded as "good" and "bad" Art. It's not always accurate and certainly not a science or foolproof but there are ways to distinguish between shit Art and good Art.

The matter of "subjectivity" is assumed as it basically links to a more philosophical take.

Jeff Tweedy is a more skillful and more practiced guitar player than someone who is just picking up the instrument. Whether or not he makes more pleasing sounds with his guitar than a novice is up to the listener to decide.

meaning that some people are BETTER at telling what is better than other people.