What's the rarest record or memorabilia you have from any band?

There's also the flukey dumb vinyl "rarities", like misplaced labels. I think my copy of Neil Young's Comes A Time has the Side 1 label on both sides of the record. I wonder what that's worth!

"Fidos"

My copy of NY's "Decade" has a Gordon Lightfoot label on one side.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea...Some Girls....crazy....I also have Her Satanic Magesties Request with the crazy cover.. actually I bought it as a cut out for like a buck or two.

I have the Satanic Majesties 3-d cover too - a 25 cent thrift store purchase from the mid-80's.

This is my favorite thrift store record find. I don't know if it's worth anything (maybe just the cover; the vinyl's beat to hell):

g27762orp6x.jpg

This is my favorite thrift store record find. I don't know if it's worth anything (maybe just the cover; the vinyl's beat to hell):

g27762orp6x.jpg

Not worth much, but it's a helluva good record.

I have a copy of the Beatles Let It Be CD (original, not Let it Be naked), that came in the Let it Be case and the actual disc is stamped with the Let it Be tracklisting, but encoded on the disc is the Imagine Soundtrack with like 27 Beatles/Lennon recordings. I also have a copy of Plush's Fed album, which was only limitedly released in Japan that I actually found pretty cheap used at a book/music store in Pittsburgh.

--Mike

I still have this shirt in a box in my attic:

guy-in-chair-green.jpg

ride_us_85_long_dates_bottom.JPG

Missed that Poughkeepsie show.

Tons of assorted numbered/limited edition indie and punk 7”s – lots of 7”’s from the Sub Pop Singles and Simple Machines Records Working Holiday 7” Series – both of which were a record of the month club sort of thing.

My first single from Simple Machines came enclosed with a handwritten apology from Jenny Toomey of Tsunami, in which she apologized for not being able to fulfill one part of the order……swoon.

I have a few handwritten notes from Kim Colletta somewhere. :wub

I LOVED Simple Machines back in the early 90's.....that Working Holiday Series was teh awesome.

I have the Operation Ivy 1st pressing of the Hectic 7" and the original limited pressing of Plea for Peace. I have the first Rancid 7" which Lint gave to me back when we were pals.

I have the first pressing of X - Los Angeles and the 1st pressing of the Blatz/Filth split LP

I have no clue if any of those are actually worth anything - but in my mind, those are some of my valuables.

I've got half a dozen old San Francisco concert posters that I got at Ben Friedman's Postermat when I was in SF for the Dead's '84-'85 New Years run. Wolfgang's Vault current selling prices on these posters is about two grand-- yes, for the same printings; Wolfgang's site is very good at explaining the differences between the originals and various reprints. I really wish though that I would have decided "hey, I don't have to eat the next couple days" and spent the $20 or whatever's now a ridiculously low price for an original Last Waltz show poster.

Or that I wouldn't have given the Janis Joplin "jukebox" poster to a girlfriend...

i've got John fogerty's guitar pick

Hey I've got one as well...was sitting in the front row and he tossed it down to me as the show ended. This was like 10 years ago in Nashville.

I have a copy of this as well. It was pressed in the 90s in limited release (2000). They are not the original singles (now THOSE would be rare.) I have copy 1147 which I bought in Cleveland Heights at Record Revolution. What number did you get?

LouieB

I had to check when I got home yesterday. My copy of the Pere Ubu singles box is #691 of 3000.

I have a few handwritten notes from Kim Colletta somewhere. :wub

I LOVED Simple Machines back in the early 90's.....that Working Holiday Series was teh awesome.

I have the Operation Ivy 1st pressing of the Hectic 7" and the original limited pressing of Plea for Peace. I have the first Rancid 7" which Lint gave to me back when we were pals.

I have the first pressing of X - Los Angeles and the 1st pressing of the Blatz/Filth split LP

I have no clue if any of those are actually worth anything - but in my mind, those are some of my valuables.

Yeah, Simple Machines was a great label and released a ton of awesome recordings

I guess the best thing I have is the Wilco drumhead I got after the last residency show. Signed by all 6.

Records: I have every original Jawbreaker lp, 7", the Chesterfield King 12" and most all of their comps, all on vinyl. They all sell hotly on ebay year after year.