My Brother Was Buried Today

He died on April 11th with 38 years, and basically his heart failed due to him being an alcoholic for the past 20 years.

The most painful and unbelievable thing - apart from seeing my parents suffer so much that I will never get those pictures out of my head, no matter how long it takes - is that Boris could have had a happy fulfilled life, being a highly intelligent, talented human being who had a master degree in physics and programmed industrial robots until a few years ago.

Life sucks so bad, I really don't know why I still bother.

Please, if you can spare a few prayers for my family, esp for my parents, and for Boris, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, God...Dunja. So so sorry to hear about Boris. What a terrible loss. I'll of course be thinking about you and your family during this awful time. All I can think to say is try to remember all of the good times that you guys had and don't dwell on the tragedy of his untimely passing.

Oh my goodness Dunja, I am so deeply sorry to hear this. Please accept my sincere condolences for your loss.

My heart and prayers are with you and your family at this very difficult time.

love you xoxoxoxo :cheekkiss

Reading your post just about made me weep.

I'm sending some positive vibes your way, sounds like you could use some.

So sorry Dunja. Love and prayers to you and your family.

My sister died 4 years ago from alcohol related illness. Though I still miss her, (all it takes is hearing certain songs that she loved to make me tear up), the intense heart pain has eased with time. Still wish she and I had had more time to hang out. I miss her every single day.

Take care of yourself, sweetie.

My condolences, and wishes for speedy healing.

My thoughts will be with you and your family. Keep your chin up. The hurting never goes away but there's still a lot of beauty in the world.

Thursday marks two years since I lost my brother (he was 27) and I still miss him every day.

Oh, Dunja. Your family has had to bear far more than its share recently. I'm so sorry for your brother's passing. Tragic, indeed.

Sending all of my love to you and your family. I hope your brother is finally at peace.