A Theory on the wilco Albums why they sound so differnt and yet so similar

Sky Blue Sky is - a ghost is born and summerteeth minus drugs plus Nels Cline plus Mikal Jorgensen plus Pat Sansone and allot of analogue

a ghost is born is - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and Being There minus Jay Bennett plus Adult Head and space between the noise

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is - summerteeth and A.M. minus Ken Coomer plus Glen Kotche(inglentions) plus Leroy Bach plus Jim Orourke and his mixing skills you know the rest

summerteeth is - Being There and Anodyne minus Max Johnston plus allot of keyboards

Being There is - A.M and March 16 -20, 1992 plus Jay Bennett and allot of rockin

A.M. is - Anodyne and Still Feel Gone minus Jay Farrar plus allot weed

If this seems over done I actually wrote a full article on this theory and I found the patterns made sense I'll spare you all and never post that.

Anyways dose anyone see huge holes in my theory that I

Interesting. I see it more like this:

1. A.M. This is the first album, therefore it has a very first album sound.
  2. Being There Sophomore effort, complete with two disks. Get it? Second Album, 2 disks! Whoot!
  3. Summerteeth The giddy third record. 3 is the magick number.
  4. YHF the band hits middle age with this album (also known as #4) and its somber mood
  5. AGIB Like a fine wine, the fifth album must breathe after opening.
  6. SBS smokey, like some scotches, but because it is the 6th and that much closer to the 7th (and we all know what that means), it takes a bit to grow on you. or not.

Here's how I break it down:

A.M. - The alt country Uncle Tupelo album

Being There - the Exile on Main St (country, rock, blues)

Summerteeth - the pop album

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot - experimental folk

A Ghost is Born - songs are either experimental or folk

Sky Blue Sky - folk n' soul (rock n' roll)

I forgot to include the most important component to my theory

which is the next Wilco record will be - SBS and YHF plus something else?

JT is well known for throwing the curve balls at us. I'd love to see a 50 minute disc with one song on it. No lyrics, either - just pure sonic weirdness. Ha!

Sky Blue Sky is - a ghost is born and summerteeth minus drugs plus Nels Cline plus Mikal Jorgensen plus Pat Sansone and allot of analogue

a ghost is born is - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and Being There minus Jay Bennett plus Adult Head and space between the noise

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is - summerteeth and A.M. minus Ken Coomer plus Glen Kotche(inglentions) plus Leroy Bach plus Jim Orourke and his mixing skills you know the rest

summerteeth is - Being There and Anodyne minus Max Johnston plus allot of keyboards

Being There is - A.M and March 16 -20, 1992 plus Jay Bennett and allot of rockin

A.M. is - Anodyne and Still Feel Gone minus Jay Farrar plus allot weed

If this seems over done I actually wrote a full article on this theory and I found the patterns made sense I'll spare you all and never post that.

Anyways dose anyone see huge holes in my theory that I

JT is well known for throwing the curve balls at us. I'd love to see a 50 minute disc with one song on it. No lyrics, either - just pure sonic weirdness. Ha!

That would be a curveball only if Neil Young hadn't already released "Arc".

"Do you suppose it's because they are different songs written by the same artist......"

Yea thats certainly true, its funny though when I listen to the recordings of last years living room shows Jeff Tweedys songwriting appears very consistent

You Are My Face was like a huge step forward for the band can anyone imagine how it would sound on a acoustic guitar, better yet has anyone heard it played solo?

I would totally be into this; his noise would probably have a more tonal quality than say, Sonic Youth, who prefer loud over good.

I would totally be into this; his noise would probably have a more tonal quality than say, Sonic Youth, who prefer loud over good.

Hmmm......try listening to them at lower volumes, you will find they show quite the preferance to the "good", sometimes even to the "great" :thumbup

Interesting. I see it more like this:

1. A.M. This is the first album, therefore it has a very first album sound.
  2. Being There Sophomore effort, complete with two disks. Get it? Second Album, 2 disks! Whoot!
  3. Summerteeth The giddy third record. 3 is the magick number.
  4. YHF the band hits middle age with this album (also known as #4) and its somber mood
  5. AGIB Like a fine wine, the fifth album must breathe after opening.
  6. SBS smokey, like some scotches, but because it is the 6th and that much closer to the 7th (and we all know what that means), it takes a bit to grow on you. or not.

Taking your post to the next logical step:

1. A.M. = Bud Light
  2. Being There = Anchor Steam
  3. Summerteeth = Margarita on the rocks
  4. YHF = Diet Coke
  5. AGIB = a fine wine
  6. SBS = scotch

• 2 weeks later...

The man known as "Jeff Tweedy" is actually six separate men, all of which are clones of the same person ("Big Boss") and each raised in different locations around the US. On each album, a different clone is used, and therefore a different approach using the same fundamentals is employed. For their next album, all tracks will be performed by one of the jeff tweedys vocally, with no real instruments being used (save cowbell, of course). It should be know, Tweedy #4 (YHF) is an excellent beat-boxer, while Tweedy #1 (A.M. and some Being There) is better at making a farting trumpet sound. Hope this helps.