• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HE didn't turn his life around, Jesus did it.

BTW, haven't we heard a lot about some pitcher in St Louis who sucked as a pitcher and his career was just about over and he came back as an outfielder slugger?

You guys are just fucking rotten.

I would say it's a little funny that a Red Sox fan would be complaining about something in baseball being over reported on, but I think I've beat that one to death.

Oh, i wasn't complaining! I love both those stories. I use them to illustrate that the media picks up on STORIES and BEATS THEM TO DEATH. Seemingly regardless of team and market! Its like MAGIC.

I am surprised that Crow Daddy still doesn't understand the point. I'm not that obtuse am I? And no, that doesn't mean Fat, thank you very much.

BTW, the red sox aren't playing tonite So i guess Extra Innings isn't bothering to show ANY games.

Well, since the war in Iraq is being waged so the Red Sox can get their hands on all that oil, I'm sure those days are not too far in the future.

ohhh! the "Rebuilding America's Defenses" document didn't mention the sox getting some of that oil, but hey, i bet they'll take it.

Guest Jules
I heard he was a shitty tipper. I don't have anything against immigrants, as long as they stay in their own country.

well, then they wouldn't be immigrants, would they?

another message board I'm on (for Red Sox fans) has raised over 30K in the last WEEK for an ALS charity. once we get to 50K, we're going to announce that the Red Sox actually have cured ALS. And that DPedroia is going to race in the Tour de France next year.

Just to help perpetuate the Sox media machine:

Manny was fined (allegedly) six figures for tossing an organizational memer to the ground two weeks ago. But wait! He intentionally took three strikes against the NYY during an AB to "send a message" that he doesn't like being punished. I remember that AB, too, and was surprised that the bat never even flinched to leave the shoulders. Good pitching, though....:

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/reds...t_manny_fi.html

Good piece about Steinbrenner and Winfield.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/18/sports/b...html?ref=sports

he's a great player in many ways. if only he wouldn't whine, almost without fail, from striking out at home plate all the way into the dugout. bad for morale everywhere, including in my living room. even manny got sick of it. i think youk has been trying harder not to do it lately, though, because now it looks like he's only thinking "bummer" instead of "home plate ump needs to be euthanised because HE'S NEVER FAIR TO ME."

Oh, that reminds me. I had this great idea the other day--the florida team sells Hanley Ramirez, and uses the money to rework all the logos and the uniforms of all the expansion teams so they look more olde tyme baseball-y. And then, people will go to their games. The Rockies aren't bad but the color scheme is a little too purple. Also, the White Sox could use a logo change to make them a little less "urban" looking.