• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, the White Sox could use a logo change to make them a little less "urban" looking.

0500_eazy_e_a.jpg

Bobbobbb is right. this is a good logo.

Marlins.gif

even if it does look a little like the Mariners. I don't like the F with the fish in it as much as the one above though. I never realized it was a baseball the fish is kind of jumping through.

But God's Own Devil Rays, and the Diamondbacks are sorely in need of a major league makeover. And the White Sox.

i cannot wait for this week of mets baseball.

Yeah this is going to be a crazy week. I just hope people can chill out a bit and realize that no matter what happens we still have a looooong way to go. If this season (baseball or election) has taught us anything, it's that there is no such thing as momentum. The Mets just need to keep playing hard every day and not treat this series in July as the playoffs. The Mets of old would have won 2 of 3 in this series and then gotten swept by the Padres after this series was over given the inevitable let down.

the new d-backs logo is a vast improvement.

The color scheme too. Tampa's I think now looks a bit too much like the Padres, who should go back to being brown and yellow.

toronto's old blue jay also needs to come back; the surreal aerodynamic one has been a loser ever since it arrived. also, i wish the red sox would wear more red. they bring out their reds only a few times a year, at home, and not only look better but tend to play better also. i don't have the stats to back that up so don't ask me.

Yeah this is going to be a crazy week. I just hope people can chill out a bit and realize that no matter what happens we still have a looooong way to go. If this season (baseball or election) has taught us anything, it's that there is no such thing as momentum. The Mets just need to keep playing hard every day and not treat this series in July as the playoffs. The Mets of old would have won 2 of 3 in this series and then gotten swept by the Padres after this series was over given the inevitable let down.

Totally agree Matt, and of course the talk-radio goons perpetuate the insanity, needing to analyze every play as if it were 9th inning, Game 7...

Manny gets a jay-walking lecture in Seattle:

Mariner's Blog

Want to hear a funny story? Here's one, a blog exclusive for all of you. Won't read about it anywhere else tomorrow.

Seems that Boston slugger Manny Ramirez was leaving the ballpark, with headphones on trying to look inconspicuous and quickly get away from the crowds still leaving the stadium. He started to cross South Royal Brougham Way, against the signals of a traffic cop who was directing pedestrians. The police officer demanded that Ramirez open his wallet and show identification. He warned him that he could face a $500 fine and possible arrest for disobeying a police officer.

It became clear to those watching that the policeman had no idea who Ramirez was. He didn't ask for an autograph or anything, but did ask Ramirez if he'd attended the game. After the brief lecture, and no argument from Ramirez, the police officer let him go with no further trouble.

Ah, maybe baseball needs a higher profile in this town? Or, maybe Ramirez has to sit around and talk to the media like everyone else on his team, so he doesn't get caught up in post-game foot traffic? I don't know, I just thought it was a funny story.

Totally agree Matt, and of course the talk-radio goons perpetuate the insanity, needing to analyze every play as if it were 9th inning, Game 7...

Stop listening to those people! They will rot your brain!

The color scheme too. Tampa's I think now looks a bit too much like the Padres, who should go back to being brown and yellow.

The Padres need the Father/Monk mascot back...and they should also start dressing like the mascot if they want some wins.

He . . . did ask Ramirez if he'd attended the game.

:lol occasionally (and i'd say rarely now) there are times when manny attends a game but is not necessarily there.

it's part of his charm. it did become less charming over time, though, so the rarer it is now, the better, esp. if

he wants to stay in boston via options.

i love manny. aside from his offensive talents, the guy makes me laugh, whether he's trying or not. there's a lot to

be said for that.

i love manny. aside from his offensive talents, the guy makes me laugh, whether he's trying or not. there's a lot to

be said for that.

I totally agree. I think, years from now, in addition to being remembered as one of baseball's all-time great hitters, he'll be thought of as one of it's greatest characters.

Oh definitely. He's on the shortlist of greatest right handed hitters ever, and whole books will be written about him.

There is an idea amongst some fans that he isn't the brightest fellow out there, but I'd bet that's not even remotely true. He's gotta be such an entertaining interview.

right on, even though they split with the reds i felt like they found ways to win when certain things weren't as sharp.

but what is with this 12:00 start time on thursday? i wanted to go to a mets phillies night game but ended up getting tickets for friday night. should be fun regardless, if the rain holds out.

Oh definitely. He's on the shortlist of greatest right handed hitters ever, and whole books will be written about him.

There is an idea amongst some fans that he isn't the brightest fellow out there, but I'd bet that's not even remotely true. He's gotta be such an entertaining interview.

he is definitely book-worthy. and when a reporter gets lucky and manny agrees to an interview, or even a few short questions, manny is always entertaining in ways only he knows how to be (i.e., without trying).

i agree that he is way sharper than people tend to think. part of the problem earlier on was that he barely knew english, so he didn't talk much and people assumed he was either arrogant or stupid. now he's somewhat fluent, and so long as readers/listeners cut him a little slack for not being great with the language, his high-spiritedness and intelligence shine through.

That's a common problem for hispanic stars, and it's kind of sad that reporters still tend to portray them as dimwitted because of their lack of skill with the language.

true, and especially sad when there are a number of native-english-speaking players who really aren't too bright but get all the attention because they like to talk and happily repeat themselves over and over. one comes to mind right now, whose last year with the sox was 2005 . . . but let's not go there!

That's a common problem for hispanic stars, and it's kind of sad that reporters still tend to portray them as dimwitted because of their lack of skill with the language.

p.s. i think this might have been edgar renteria's main problem in boston. i mean he did make 30 errors on the season, but a significant percentage of those might have been chalked up to his discomfort in the limelight and how the boston media gave up on him too soon.