NFL Thread (2008 edition)

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the defensive holding against the cb I could take. the other defensive holding was crap. the facemask I guess if you consider putting your hands on a facemask a penalty...and that's fine it just should've been called against the lineman blocking freeney. I'm convinced that the officials no longer watch any of the action around freeney.

and the nfl needs to revisit the homefield advantage rule. why is a 12-4 team playing an away game against an 8-8 team...doesn't make sense. anyone have roger goodells email?

All the penalties were legitimate calls. That crew calls everything. Both teams knew it going in.

Hey, you want a home game? Win your division, (and don't lose to the friggin Bears the first game of the year).

Peyton looks like his brother with the long hair.

All the penalties were legitimate calls. That crew calls everything. Both teams knew it going in.

Hey, you want a home game? Win your division, (and don't lose to the friggin Bears the first game of the year).

Peyton looks like his brother with the long hair.

:yes

The Vikings are not quite ready for prime-time yet. They could barely beat the Giants last week in Minnesota, and the Giants weren't even trying. The Eagles, however, are looking really good and I am not at all sure the Giants will beat them on Sunday.

My hatred for Manning stems form his being a douche bag and his appearance in over a billion commercial on tv.

That one is funny. The one where he's in a hotel, and they are all

"You're going down, Peyton."

Peyton: "Yup 4th floor. Think I might get a massage."

I laugh at that commercial every time.

My hatred for Manning stems form his being a douche bag and his appearance in over a billion commercial on tv.

Hmm...douche bag...interesting. I don't get that at all. Then again, I don't have irrational hatred for people I only know through television.

Yeah, that commercial is still cracking me up. In fact, I can't think of one that he has been in that I didn't think was good.

I've always liked Favre. My Peyton hatred stems from Tennessee Vols hatred.

I liked Favre OK (despite being a Packer) until he began the annual "maybe I'll retire" routine, and then I just thought he was a douche.

And like you, my Peyton animosity is entirely rooted in his alma mater. It's hard for me to like anyone who came out of that program, even when they play for my favorite team.

Even so, the Manning commercial in the hotel is excellent.

Oh well. I don't really understand the school he chose to attend having that much bearing on one's animosity or hatred of a person. For instance, should I really hate Adrian Peterson, Tommie Harris, Dante Hall, or Shane Lechler (to name a few)?

It just seems silly to me.

The Vikings are not quite ready for prime-time yet. They could barely beat the Giants last week in Minnesota, and the Giants weren't even trying. The Eagles, however, are looking really good and I am not at all sure the Giants will beat them on Sunday.

I agree, they played well this year, but they won a division in which the 2 bottom teams lost 27(!!) games. Their defense is incredible. Jared Allen is a beast. We need a free agent QB, not a great one, but someone who can manage a game and is less than 60 years old (don't know if they'll be available, but Pennington and Garcia come to mind). We also could draft a speedy WR.

Oh well. I don't really understand the school he chose to attend having that much bearing on one's animosity or hatred of a person. For instance, should I really hate Adrian Peterson, Tommie Harris, Dante Hall, or Shane Lechler (to name a few)?

It just seems silly to me.

You don't seem to understand some facets of sport fandom.

Peyton Manning will run for president one day.