NFL Thread (2008 edition)

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we shall see. The absence of Burress has a real effect - it totally changes how teams defend the Giants and how Eli plays. Not to take anything away from Dallas or Philly - they both played very well with a lot of intensity, which the Giants could not match. Had Jacobs been available, it might have been a closer game. If the Giants continue to play like this, they will not last long in the playoffs. But it's OK. Nothing could match last year's playoff run, which I submit was the best in NFL history.

Has there every been a really successful NFL QB from the Univ. of Fla.?

Grossman took the Bears to a Superbowl, but I wouldn't consider him successful.

i respectfully disagree with all of the shit tebow gets. i see a football player. i think bradford will be a better quarterback, but i like tim tebow.

I like him too, but that doesn't mean he'll be a good NFL quarterback. I would be surprised if he ever takes a snap.

Grossman took the Bears to a Superbowl, but I wouldn't consider him successful.

I like him too, but that doesn't mean he'll be a good NFL quarterback. I would be surprised if he ever takes a snap.

first off all, how would it make any sense to compare tebow to past gator quarterbacks? in my opinion, it doesn't matter that there's never been a successful gator quarterback in the nfl.

secondly, although grossman did lead the bears to the superbowl, i consider him a bum.

and lastly, i do agree with you that tim tebow won't ever take a snap in the nfl. but i think he should.

and lastly, i do agree with you that tim tebow won't ever take a snap in the nfl. but i think he should.

The NFL is a merit based system. If he "should" take a snap, chances are, he will. At some point he will prove himself. If he can't prove himself, he won't. No one has a grudge against the guy in the NFL. I think the good money says he can't, and won't. I don't know why you think he should, but won't.

first off all, how would it make any sense to compare tebow to past gator quarterbacks? in my opinion, it doesn't matter that there's never been a successful gator quarterback in the nfl.

secondly, although grossman did lead the bears to the superbowl, i consider him a bum.

I was just answering a question.

I don't like Dallas.

That's ok...Dallas isn't crazy about you either.

Eric Mangini may have just gotten himself fired. BAD decision making.

This Atlanta/Minnesota game is something.... let's go Falcons!

Grrrr.... The Minneapolis Star Tribune was full of articles about the Vikings loss to the Falcons in the NFC Championship Game 10 years ago this year. Looks like the Vikings decided to relive it, but not make it as close.

Go Pack Go! If they beat the Bears we're still division champs.

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2008 No. 1 seed in the National Football Conference:

The New York Football Giants!

Isn't the #1 seed a kiss of death? :dontgetit

Was for Dallas last year.

You know, the thing is Dallas is still probably going to make the playoffs and playing in the WC game against an NFC North team (most likely the Vikes) will be their best chance to finally win a playoff game. Think about this: the last time the Cowgirls won a playoff game, the Jonbenet Ramsey case was three days old. I still have my fingers crossed they miss the playoffs entirely.