NFL Thread (2008 edition)

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate the guy all you want, but imo there was no player who deserved being called MVP more than Peyton Manning. The last 9 games were really something - 17 TDs, 3 INTs, a buttload of come-from-behind games.

Playoff predictions?? Here are mine:

Wildcard Round

Atlanta beats AZ

IND beats SD

BAL beats MIA (toughest game to call)

PHI beats MIN (I will be overjoyed if I'm wrong)

Divisional Round

CAR beats ATL

NYG beats PHI

BAL beats TEN (upset special!)

PIT beats IND

Conference Championships

NYG beats CAR

PIT beats BAL

Super Bowl

PIT beats NYG

I hope I followed all the seedings right so I got the right matchups beyond this weekend!

Here are mine:

Wildcard Round

ATL beats AZ

IND beats SD

MIA beats BAL

PHI beats MIN

Divisional Round

CAR beats ATL

NYG beats PHI

IND beats TEN

PIT beats MIA

Conference Championships

CAR beats NYG

IND beats PIT

Super Bowl

IND beats PIT

Here are mine:

Wildcard Round

ATL beats AZ

IND beats SD

MIA beats BAL

PHI beats MIN

Divisional Round

CAR beats ATL

NYG beats PHI

IND beats TEN

PIT beats MIA

Conference Championships

CAR beats NYG

IND beats PIT

Super Bowl

IND beats PIT

IND beats NYG?? Otherwise, that would be an unprecedented Super Bowl matchup, esp. since you have PIT losing to them in the AFC Championship game. ;)

IND beats NYG?? Otherwise, that would be an unprecedented Super Bowl matchup, esp. since you have PIT losing to them in the AFC Championship game. ;)

Ah, my bad. I meant IND beats CAR in the super bowl.

and i really hope the giants don't wind up playing the colts. all that manning hype might kill me.

so glad peyton won the MVP. so deserving.

Man, the Phins are gonna have a tough road to make it to the Super Bowl. I don't think they will, but I'll be rooting hard every step of the way.

First up, beat Baltimore.

And yeah, Peyton deserved it, but Chad finishing second is pretty cool.

I really hope the Chargers don't end football season for me this weekend. However I'm preparing myself for it.

you have to admit those 2 teams are very evenly matched - it seems like a war every time they play each other.

Gonna be a long cold winter. Great drive the officials had on the last drive. Fuck Ron Burgandy.

Wasn't the offiials who beat you...was this guy

DarrenSproles2.jpg

Wasn't the offiials who beat you...was this guy

DarrenSproles2.jpg

Actually I'm talking about the 4 flags that set this play up. The game was well over before this play happened fella.

The good news is hopefully Dungy will retire. When you get ousted from the playoffs two years in a row by nervous Norv who constantly looks like he has a drop a deuce it's a good time to hang it up.

Somewhere in Bloomington my old buddy Boots is smilin'. I knew it would be a good game, it's just too bad it didn't turn out with a different outcome. :ohwell

Somewhere in Bloomington my old buddy Boots is smilin'. I knew it would be a good game, it's just too bad it didn't turn out with a different outcome. :ohwell

I must have been the only Charger fan in Yogi's bar last night (I saw a few when I got there before the game, but not after that). They always play great games for sure. The last 2 Charger games I've been to have been when we beat Indy a few years back when they were 13-0, and a few weeks ago when SD has two TD's and an onside kick in the last 1:30. I've had that ticket in my pocket for every game since, and so far so good.

The flags sure did tilt toward the Chargers late in the game, but does anyone really dispute those calls? The face mask was pretty clear-cut. I suppose you could argue that the defensive holding call wouldn't have been made in most cases, but it did happen.

The flags sure did tilt toward the Chargers late in the game, but does anyone really dispute those calls? The face mask was pretty clear-cut. I suppose you could argue that the defensive holding call wouldn't have been made in most cases, but it did happen.

the defensive holding against the cb I could take. the other defensive holding was crap. the facemask I guess if you consider putting your hands on a facemask a penalty...and that's fine it just should've been called against the lineman blocking freeney. I'm convinced that the officials no longer watch any of the action around freeney.

and the nfl needs to revisit the homefield advantage rule. why is a 12-4 team playing an away game against an 8-8 team...doesn't make sense. anyone have roger goodells email?

the defensive holding against the cb I could take. the other defensive holding was crap. the facemask I guess if you consider putting your hands on a facemask a penalty...and that's fine it just should've been called against the lineman blocking freeney. I'm convinced that the officials no longer watch any of the action around freeney.

I don't recall the other defensive holding flag, but I missed a few plays. The face mask looked bad enough on the replay to warrant a flag, at least to me.

and the nfl needs to revisit the homefield advantage rule. why is a 12-4 team playing an away game against an 8-8 team...doesn't make sense.

This I agree with.