NFL Thread (2008 edition)

You know, the thing is Dallas is still probably going to make the playoffs and playing in the WC game against an NFC North team (most likely the Vikes) will be their best chance to finally win a playoff game. Think about this: the last time the Cowgirls won a playoff game, the Jonbenet Ramsey case was three days old. I still have my fingers crossed they miss the playoffs entirely.

Don't hate. It's an ugly emotion.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad the Bears pulled it out and kept their playoff hopes alive, but let's face it, they're not going to win any playoff games this year, if they even make it in.

I'm really not sure how this team is 9-6. They're just not very good, and they still don't have a genuine NFL quarterback. Their defense is very good on first and second down but seem to crumble on third down.

The Packers' kicker screwed up that last kick royally -- that was a chip shot field goal and should have been kicked high enough that no one on the line ever got near it.

I'll take the win, but it was really ugly.

Orton frequently forces the ball into double coverage. The interception I'm remembering from last night wasn't the receiver's fault -- Orton telegraphed his pass and then made a poor decision to throw when a safety was coming over to help out the cornerback. It wasn't a timing pattern or anything like that -- it was just a bad decision made by a mediocre quarterback.

And yet, I'd rather see Orton in the game than Grossman. That's how bad the Bears' quarterback situation is.

I just think when grossman is on top of his game, he is much better than orton, but he is off enough that orton is indeed the right choice. I just wish they could figure out which days Rex will be good and just play him those days or something.

Orton frequently forces the ball into double coverage. The interception I'm remembering from last night wasn't the receiver's fault -- Orton telegraphed his pass and then made a poor decision to throw when a safety was coming over to help out the cornerback. It wasn't a timing pattern or anything like that -- it was just a bad decision made by a mediocre quarterback.

All true, but they have exactly 0 legitimate wide receivers on the team. Makes his job a little tougher.

It would be absurdly sweet if the Vikings traded Adrian Peterson for a space heater, some wool socks and a beer dispensing hat thingy.
It would be absurdly sweet if the Dolphins made the playoffs while I was in New York.

Pretty sweet for Pennington too.

Pretty sweet for Pennington too.

I still don't understand why Favre made the Pro Bowl over Pennington. Favre has been borderline terrible this year. He had one great game, and has a 15-18 TD-INT ratio outside of that game.

I still don't understand why Favre made the Pro Bowl over Pennington. Favre has been borderline terrible this year. He had one great game, and has a 15-18 TD-INT ratio outside of that game.

Rivers should be there over either of those dudes. Favre gets in there because he's Brett Favre. Same reason I got pretty near every Jets game on TV this year. Lame to the max.

And yet, I'd rather see Orton in the game than Grossman. That's how bad the Bears' quarterback situation is.

The first one in the middle of the field was definately Orton's fault no doubt about that. He telegraphed it all the way. The one I'm talking about was late int he 4th quarter towards the sideline. It looked so much like several others i've seen in the last couple of weeks. Whether it's Ortons fault or Hester's the ball has gone to a spot on the field ahead of a cut that the reciever has not made