NFL Thread (2008 edition)

I loved the Roy Williams trade, Calvin Johnson will develop and Roy wasnt going to resign anyway, anytime you can get a first round pick for someone you have to listen, they got a 3rd round pick too...with 5 picks in the first three rounds they have a chance to get a lot better in the offseason, maybe like 2-3 wins next year

Oh I didn't mean to imply that I thought that it was a bad trade. They should be looking long-term at this point, and so long as they use those draft picks well (which is not a given by any means, though perhaps more likely with someone other than Millen in charge), it was definitely the right move. But it made them worse right now than they were at the start of the year. That's all I was saying.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there's been an interesting game on Thanksgiving since 1621.

Well, fuck.

Update: Giants' Burress suffers gunshot wound at nightclub

By Tom Canavan

The Associated Press

New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress has been accidentally shot in the leg at a nightclub, it was reported Saturday.

ESPN.com and Fox Sports.com said the wound was not life threatening. It was not clear at what club the shooting took place. The Fox Web site said Burress spent the night in the hospital.

I don't think there's been an interesting game on Thanksgiving since 1621.

Ha! Nice.

Well, fuck.

Update: Giants' Burress suffers gunshot wound at nightclub

(Sparty)

Well now, lets see....guy catches Super Bowl-winning TD pass, signs contract for $7 mil per, then gets fined for unsportsmanlike conduct on the field, misses team meeting, gets fined for that, too injured to play but NOT too injured to go hang out in clubs - where he gets shot.

This shit is all too familiar. It never ceases to amaze me how stupid guys can be once they get too much money. >

Artest should have played in New York. That would've been fun.

That sucks about Plax, but the Giants are still going to crush everything before them.

Vibes to Plax. Dude needs a gun safety class. I would not be surprised if this is the end of his Giants career.

Yeah. He did not strike me as particularly offensive for an agent. Plax is in deep shit - facing a mandatory 3.5-year prison sentence if convicted, and it doesn't really look good for him. Mayor Bloomberg is calling for his head, and also wants the hospital prosecuted for not calling the police.