NFL Thread (2008 edition)

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Titans finish the regular season undefeated I will no longer be impressed with what the Patriots did last year. The Titans are the worst 10-0 team I've seen.

probably true. you however do not seem to appreciate dominating defenses collectively or albert haynesworth individually.

Stop. The Titans are a very good football team.

Oh, I wasn't disputing that. Just pointing out that every team's goal is to win one game -- the last game. And a 10-0 team is irrelevant in the context of that game, as the Pats from last year proved. I agree that the Titans are a very good football team.

Oh, I wasn't disputing that. Just pointing out that every team's goal is to win one game -- the last game. And a 10-0 team is irrelevant in the context of that game, as the Pats from last year proved. I agree that the Titans are a very good football team.

That wasn't directed at you. :thumbup

They're similar to the 2000 Ravens. Dominating defense, great running game, solid veteran quarterback play. But they're 10-0 because their running game is better with Lendale White and Chris Johnson and Kerry Collins is better than Trent Dilfer.

The Giants are still probably the most complete team in the league, but a Giants-Titans Super Bowl would be great to watch.

Well, they finally got rid of Millen, and that's a good start. I thought Marinelli might pan out, but I'm starting to think that he really doesn't know what he's doing -- so he'll probably be the next to go (plus, he was Millen's hire).

If they manage to hire a highly competent permanent GM, who in turn hires a real coach, that team could be reasonably competitive fairly quickly, I think. They've got a bit of talent on the roster.

Well, they finally got rid of Millen, and that's a good start. I thought Marinelli might pan out, but I'm starting to think that he really doesn't know what he's doing -- so he'll probably be the next to go (plus, he was Millen's hire).

If they manage to hire a highly competent permanent GM, who in turn hires a real coach, that team could be reasonably competitive fairly quickly, I think. They've got a bit of talent on the roster.

This will only happen if there is a change in ownership. Mmmm, maybe this is the bright side of the demise of the auto industry in America.

CINCINNATI -- The Cincinnati Bengals say Chad Ocho Cinco, the wide receiver formerly known as Chad Johnson, will be deactivated for Thursday night's game with the Pittsburgh Steelers for violating a team rule.

The Bengals did not specify the violation and said there would be no further comment until after the game.

what an asshole.

A homeless man who goes by Doc was cashing in change at a Cinemark Theatre in Dallas when a guy walked up and offered to pay his way into the movie. He planned to spend his day passing out fliers and accepted a rain check before realizing that he recognized the generous gentleman.

"Was that Tony Romo?" Doc asked the worker behind the counter.

It sure was. Doc, who requested that his real name not be used, hustled across the street to the consignment store that paid him to occasionally pass out fliers and requested the day off. By the time he got back to the theater, Role Model had already started.

Romo, who confirmed the story but didn't want to elaborate, waved Doc over to sit by him and his friend.

Doc sheepishly mentioned that he hadn't showered in a few days.

"Don't worry about that," Romo said. "I'm used to locker rooms."

And so the $67 million quarterback and a man who doesn't have $6.70 to his name sat next to each other and shared laughs for 90 minutes or so.

For Romo